1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2 players are not starters in NBA with...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigO, Feb 12, 2018.

1. amaru

amaru Member

It rises to 20.5 and then 21. It averages out to 20 over 4. It’s not arbitrary, it’s math. Plus that’s how it was initially reported

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Instead of calling it stupid why don't you just explain why you disagree.

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

!

4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

What's there to explain other than the fact that you are completely wrong? It's like asking me to explain why a rainbow is not some magical bridge with a pot of gold from a leprechaun at the end of it or that there isn't a magical giant elf called Santa Claus that lives in the North Pole who rides a sled pulled by reindeer and squeezes down chimneys to deliver free toys to a child who believes so.

If you really need a starting point, let's start with there is not a single vet min that can shoot from the distance Ryno has shown he can with comparable consistencies. At the end of the day though, stupid is stupid.

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

That being said....the fact is that Anderson is not getting paid $20,000,000 this year which is what the OP claims.

baubo likes this.
  6. Slam Dunk

Slam Dunk Contributing Member

Did you guys forget Luol Deng? At least Ryan Anderson is serviceable.

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Why does this forum have so many clowns lmao.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Ryan Anderson is tearing us apart.:(

9. valorita

valorita Member

Why does it matter to you how much he gets paid?
    Is your name Luc?
    Because Luc is underpaid and contributes more thanhis salary.
    Lots of players in that 2016 Free Agency cap explosion summer got paid.
    Ryno has also been instrumental in chaning our syle of play and ultimately our success since he has been here.

10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Well, if you leave or stop posting dumb ****, this forum will have one less clown. Think about that before you post next time.

11. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Welp... I know one Houston Rocket that still wishes Corey Brewer was still on the squad... lol

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

It's not the heat, it's the fact he even has a defense force.

How much better is Dwight Howard to Ryan Anderson? Well in terms of salaries they are making the same! Yet Dwight when on the Rox had so much heat and no defense force whereas Dwight on a bad day is still better than Anderson on a good day.

Dwight Howard last season as Rocket stats: 13.7 pts 11.2 rebs 62% FG
    Ryan Anderson 2018 stats: 9.9 pts 5.3 rebs 43% FG

And we're not even talking about the playoffs where Dwight was a leading force in the Rox reaching the WCF for the first time since Hakeem whereas Anderson was a total scrub shooting 28% from 3 and being such a horrible liability MDA had Ariza guarding LMA instead of Anderson.

Why does this total scrub have a defense force to begin with? What makes him different from Rockets whipping boys in the past like Brewer, Josh Smith, Rafer Alston, Juwon Howard etc? The only thing that makes him different is he is the only one in the Morey era who was so grossly overpaid (previous ones like Juwon Howard and Kelvin Kato were not signed by Morey).

BigO likes this.
  13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Anderson's 9 pts had very little to do with that record gimme a break DD.
    If we cut him at the start of the season and had Luc and Green from day 1 I guarantee that record would be way higher.

BigO likes this.
  14. brosef

brosef Member

it isn’t really a comparison. Ryno has a succesful nba resume under his belt. Parsons was his best with us, then he got paid and was nothing but an overpaid pretty boy who talks to much. I feel a lot better about paying Ryno.

I wanted Anderson traded too, but the truth is he can give us some value should we have any injuries. As Cod hinted at as well.

15. meh

meh Contributing Member

I can fully appreciate Dwight's contributions to our WCF run while also say that his last year with us was a utter, abject failure and he deserved every bit of criticism he got and I would take Ryan Anderson over Dwight 2015 any given year.

If the Rockets replaced Ryan Anderson with 2015 Dwight tomorrow we'd be a worse basketball team. There wasn't any defender for Dwight because he was simply bad for winning. Ryan Anderson contributes to winning, even if it's at a small role.

16. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

Is Ryno set to come back to the starting lineup with Ariza, or is he benched for good? If Tucker or Deng are the permanent starter with Trev going forward then I have a theory on the timing of all this.

I think Ryno has started as long as he did to up his trade value. Playing with both Harden/Paul he’d get better/more open looks. And it’s harder to sell a 20 million dollar bench player to other teams. Right after the deadline passes he gets sent to the bench once we realize there’s no chance he’s getting moved, and instead we focus on playing the best players rather than the ones we want to showcase. Thoughts?

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

What is winning, reaching WCF or shooting 28% from the 3 and being bad defensively?

I am not painting Dwight as a saint but saying you would take Anderson over Dwight in the playoffs is such a big joke. Dwight was a malcontent and caused chaos but he still averaged a double double for the team and "playoff Dwight" did have some good games. But "Playoff Anderson" is such a horrible piece of trash he is the biggest reason the Rockets lost to a Spurs team missing Parker and Kawhi.

Did you even check Anderson's plus minus? Anderson was -.1 bpm last season, how is that contributing to winning? And how hard is it to score 12 pts when James Harden is creating for you? Trevor Ariza, Beverly and Capela all averaged double digits last year and provided spacing like Anderson, but unlike Anderson they were decent defensively.

BigO likes this.
  18. roslolian

roslolian Member

No he should stay on the bench, Ariza and Luc and Green should all be ahead of him in the rotation.

What is the point of a 1 dimensional spot up shooter who only shoots 6 times a night and is a liability everywhere else? Green, Ariza and Luc are better at rebounding and defending and they don't hesitate when wide open.

When we get Joe Johnson I dont even want Anderson to get any PT, thats how bad he is.

C Capela, Nene, Tucker
    PF Luc, Tucker, JJ
    SF Ariza, Green, Luc

^That should be the rotation if the Rox really want to win games.

BigO and J.R. like this.
  19. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

So what do you think of my theory that he was only starting to “showcase” him in the hopes we could unload him before the deadline?

Feels very coincidental that he loses the starting gig right after the deadline passed.

[Edit: Also, no way MDA plays an 11 man rotation lol]

BigO likes this.
  20. BigO

BigO Member

This is exactly what bothers me, that he seems to give 0 ****s or even less if this is possible, look at Eric Gordon, he might go 2-11, at least he will try to shoot the **** out of basketball in order to make shots, Anderson does not defend well, does not rebound well and now he dosent even shoot much because the poor baby haven't got enough positive vibes around him, the best argument his defenders give is: but he provides amazing spacing!
    Replace him with some average joe and he can do better then Ryno, i swear to god i havent seen dude have some many defenders while playing so bad.

roslolian likes this.