1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Belinelli commits to Sixers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by OTMax, Feb 11, 2018.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

Good choice. Covington is not playing as good as before so he can get minutes. Glad he’s not in the West too ;)

slothy420, RedNation and RasaqBoi like this.
  2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Rockets had no room for dessert.
    [​IMG]

If they win it all, maybe they'll get cupcakes in the offseason.

3. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Covington just signed a big contract. I’m sure they’re telling him to play through it

4. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Good, keep him away from the West.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  5. OTMax

OTMax Member

It’s a playoff signing, not a future one necessarily ;)

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Glad Belly went to an East team. Spurs fans gonna be salty losing out on Belly. They were hoping to nab him. I am sure OKC and GSW were interested as well.

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Yep. I was worried he'd go back to San Antonio.

8. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

SA is wack there losing their clout around the league.

First lamarcus the offseason wanting out because of his differences with POP now apparently Kwai wants out.

It’s easy to win for 20 years when u have a top 10 player off alltime in Duncan.

With it without Kwai their on the decline. They have to much money in guys that are not real difference makers. Guys like Mills, green, gasol all making 10+ a year.

I know it’s a cardinal sin to go against the Spurs and pop but there done. Nobody wants to go to SA in FAs they don’t have the assets to get anyone in trade.

The run is over.

Deuce, RocketWalta and roslolian like this.
  9. dmoneybangbang

Sweet. Warriors wanted him too.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Really happy Belli went to the Sixers instead of a rival however let me just say Sixers are a big joke now that they dumped Hinkie and replaced him with Colangelo. Sixers just spent 4 years doing the process and in that time got Noel, Simmons and Saric, basically they got a decent player every year under Hinkie. Everything was going well suddenly the ownership fired HInkie right as everything was going to come together, it's so dumb like if Leslie Alexander fired Morey the year before he hired MDA clearly ownership had no trust in Hinkie's vision.

And then Colangelo the new GM just basically wasted all the gains done by the Process, first he lost Noel for essentially nothing and then he traded UP to get a scrub! Celtics must be laughing every night how they got a future draft pick for nothing. Wouldn't surprise me if the Sixers are back in the bottom of the NBA in a couple of years.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Sixers aren't a joke for replacing Hinkie. There is more to being a GM than tearing things down several consecutive years to draft high. Hinkie was in over his head. They could have dumped him sooner. Why has no other team hired Hinkie?

Drafting Embiid, Okafor and Noel was dumb. Only one of them is worth 10 cents. That's on Hinkie.

The trade with the Celtics "will live in imfamy". Colangelo may not live that one down unless the Sixers win a championship.

da_juice and cheke64 like this.
  12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

He'll fit in with all the Guidos over there.

13. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Hinkie's non-compete didn't end until June of 2017 (right before the draft), very few front office don't a GM by then (and I don't know if he'd want to go to Cleveland given his most recent departure).

14. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

76ers ownership forced hinkie to draft Okafor over Noel, then fired him anyway the next year for their mistake:
    http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/01/25...afting-jahlil-okafor-over-kristaps-porzingis/
    http://www.phillyvoice.com/reports-...e-take-jahlil-okafor-over-kristaps-porzingis/

Hinke fleeced the Kings, and got their 2019 first, also got the 2018 Lakers 1st (before CoAngelo traded it away). Drafting Noel and Embiid was questionable, but you take the best player available.

Jontro likes this.
  15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If the owner made the decision to draft Noel, that's on him.
    OK. Now we get to see what other teams think of Hinkie. He'd probably be great as an assistant GM.

16. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Meant to say Okafor over Kristaps :confused::confused::confused::confused:

17. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Colanglo sucks.

He’s going to mess everything Hinkie did up.

Hinkie so called process worked I don’t understand why ppl hate it. He got embiid saric and Simmons by trusting the process.

He scooped up Covington who turned out to be a steal of a pick up.

I don’t get why the 76rs fired him (maybe adam silver forced there hand)

I’d much rather do what the 76rd did and suck bad to get top 3 picks 4-5 years in a row. The odds are in your favor that you will get atleast 1-2 franchise guys and that’s what they did.

The process clearly worked. They have the best center in the league and Simmons who looks like a future allstar by next season.

Crashlanded19 and BigMaloe like this.
  18. Raz

Raz Member

19. OTMax

OTMax Member

17 points off the bench today, glad he went there. I like that Philly team.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member