1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Owning All the Good Buyouts: The Beginning of the End of the Warriors Run

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Rockets beat the Warriors to get Joe Johnson after the buyout. Morey picked up three good players out of thin air. Looks like this is the beginning of the end of the Warriors run. The players are seeing it!:eek:

All Hail the Great Morey!

2. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

This is the kind of entertainment I come looking for late at night on this board: 12-year vets posting hot takes like rookies.

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Dude. I have watched players like Ryan Bowen and Corey Brewer play regular rotation minutes in the playoffs for the Rockets. It's all good to be hyped about this ;)

4. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

5. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

If you watched Ryan Flying Bowen as a starter vs Dirk in the 2005 playoffs against Dallas, you would appreciate Johnson/Wright/Green as your third string players.

Manos, LCII, Nook and 26 others like this.
  6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Never before in rockets history have we had playable journeymen taking discounts to be the 10+ spot in the roster.

Usually we'd have to bear with undersized and deceptively athletic dollar bin pickups and hope none of the rotation guys break down (they did)

7. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Sorry, 3 players? Who is the 3rd other than Iso John and BW?
    Bobby brown or gerald green?

8. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

I agree watching veterans choosing the Rockets right now is exciting. However, let's not throw out hyperbole such as "The beginning of the end of the Warriors run."

I find that hilariously stupid. Warriors are the benefactors of the greatest veteran choosing them over everyone else scenario.

I would give a thousand Bowens, Brewers, Greens, Wrights, and Johnsons to land one Durant.

So calm down and stay in yo lane!

9. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I see your Ryan Bowen and raise you a Matt Maloney and Bryce Drew.

10. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Agree completely. It's worth noting that GS still can put on the court a better starting 5 than we can. The only thing that saves us is there is only one ball so we have a chance if we can somewhat control who ends up with the ball. Our in season pickups are important, but completely with you that they don't necessarily push us over in a close playoff game with GS.

bro2044 and ghettocheeze like this.
  11. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

I see your Matt Maloney and Bryce Drew and raise you a Scott Padgett, a Keith Bogans, a Maciej Lampe, and a Richie Frahm.

12. forenzi

forenzi Contributing Member

Yup!

ghettocheeze likes this.
  13. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Nice ones. I see your Scott Padgett, Keith Bogans, Maciej Lampe, and Richie Frahm and raise you one Kelvin Cato, one V-Span, Eddie Griffin, Ty Lawson, Moochie Norris, and a Pig Miller.

All the skeletons are coming out, huh?

14. MONON

MONON Member

All in with Zan Tabak, Tracy Murray, Charles Jones, Pete Chilcutt, Chucky Brown & Tim Braeioux. They all have rings!! :D

15. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Scott Padgett was a pretty good role player and doesn’t belong in these groupings.

Dude never played more than like 10 mins a game but always hit some big 3’s and shots in general.

Ahead of his time as the 3 point shooting pf.

And never forget:

#15 DudeWah, Feb 11, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  16. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I See that Ryan Bowen , Matt Maloney & Bryce Drew and raise you a Chuck Nevitt and Jeff Taylor.

raining threes likes this.
  17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

You win - Eddie Griffin was the ultimate bust .... I still remember being excited when they drafted that kid .... now all we can do is look back and laugh at the comedy of errors.

Chucky Brown could play some lock down defense in the paint .... He was the Chuckwagon before the Chuckwagon.

macho GRANDE and D-rock like this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We are calmed sitting in the Buy Out Chair.

Daddy Long Legs and hakeem94 like this.
  19. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Honourable mentions - Juwan Howard, Clarence Weatherspoon, Stromile Swift

20. arubato

arubato Member

Quite disappointed that it took 19 posts before I see Clarence Weatherspoon.