1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who would you rather the Rockets sign and why?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Feb 9, 2018.

?

Who would want the Rockets to sign on waivers?

Poll closed Feb 11, 2018.
  1. Tony Allen

9.4%
  2. Joe Johnson

81.1%
  3. Marco Bellinili

9.4%
  1. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

A simple question on who would you prefer

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Where is the none of the above option?

Mazulis and bilaal14 like this.
  3. ballscientist1

no need anyone, not enough minutes for them. they want big contacts, need pt.

4. oelman44

oelman44 Member

They are all improvements over Markel Brown, so why not? Belinelli's probably the best player and fit, Joe Johnson seems like he'd be a good locker room guy, and Tony Allen is still a lock-down defender. I'd take any of them

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

6. Rokman

Rokman Member

Calvin Murphy. He needs the opportunity to regain his scoring title!

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. mario_v

mario_v Member

Bogut. The team lacks interior defense.

Rocket PR and Blackjack84 like this.
  8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Can a Johnson voter please explain why they're interested in JJ for this team?

I'm legitimately curious, because I just don't see the fit. He moved so slowly on the Jazz.

9. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Bogut or Reed

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I guess Brown plays solid defense.

Still, a confusing signing. Got to be better G-League/overseas options than Brown was when they picked him up.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

veteran. playoff experience. has played under mda. wing player that can play multiple positions. good shooter/scorer

not a bad fit at all. shout out to @Deuce i remember him naming JJ first early in the season if the situation came down to this.

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

After so many years of F5'ing myself to death this time of the year ... it finally feels .. right. I dont think we need anyone else when the team is clicking. Players are starting to feel comfortable with the roles and the basketball is beautiful. Nobody we could add right now would be the difference maker in the playoff. Lets dance with who brung us.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Do you think he'd crack D'Antoni's rotation, and/or are you not happy with Gerald Green? Do you want to see Johnson AND Green crack the rotation?

14. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Wow man - you should try watching games the last few seasons. Tony Allen WAS a lock down defender but he has very clearly lost several steps and his shooting is and always will be very suspect. There are some things you can do late into your career but playing good defense on the NBA level is not one of them.

D-rock likes this.
  15. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

We really need another solid ball-handling guard. I want Joe Johnso for depth and possibly Bogut for that same reason, but if we lose one of Harden, Paul or Gordon we are in trouble.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Reed has got to be better option than Black if/when Nene cant go.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  17. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

He was still one of the best iso scorers in the game as of last year and transitioned into playing a stretch 4 position. Him in a lineup with Gordon, CP, or Harden pretty much means you can have multiple high level scorers / playmakers on the court for the entire course of the game. Plus he's a competent ballhandler(something in short supply here). He's going to be a bench guy here but part of Houston's play here is to compete by scoring well through all 48 minutes - not just when the starters are in. No one is going to be able to match GS' best lineup but GS is thin outside of those 4 guys - if we can take advantage of a team for the full 48 minutes, that puts our starters in a better place to not have to enter the game early because the bench keeps losing your leads.

And again - he plays the stretch 4 now and in case you forgot, our current stretch 4 is scared to shoot half the time. Having Iso Joe gives us another option for those days when Anderson has the Yips....and one more benefit - we need competent depth so D'Antony does play the same 6 or 7 guys 40+ minutes a game.

James.B.H, napalm06 and D-rock like this.
  18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

We need a third ball handling guard & a spare big taller than TARIK Black

19. jim1961

jim1961 Member

dno

D-rock likes this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

i think he does. the fact that he can play multiple positions, especially a capable small ball 4 helps. hes a proven vet who still has shown he can be a contributor. it does look like he still has a little bit in the tank. hes not someone you feature of course but in a limited role where he doesn't have to do too much he could help this team absolutely. JJ goes along with the additions the rockets have made this year. guys that are versatile w/ experience

i like gerald green and its pretty good seeing him this happy playing basketball. especially for his hometown but i think were seeing him in the initial good streak we see a lot from when we obtain players. he definitely has an ideal role here but his playing style is definitely streaky and eventually itll show. I do see ariza's minutes getting dialed back as the season progresses so long as green shows he can be a contributor. If everyone on the team is playing well that means houston is doing something right and more than likely winning.

napalm06 likes this.