1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Interview Clint Capela: "James Harden and Chris Paul are players who make you better"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

http://www.basketusa.com/news/476721/interview-clint-capela-a-force-de-travail-on-arrive-a-tout/

Interview Clint Capela: "James Harden and Chris Paul are players who make you better"
    By Michael Da Costa - On February 9, 2018 at 16:084

[​IMG]Very impressive this season with 14.3 points, 10.5 rebounds and 1.8 against average, Clint Capela is on a cloud. A key element of one of the best teams in the league, the former Chalonnais feast in Texas, and for Basket USA, he returns to this first half of the season almost ideal for him as for his training.

What season of yours so far!

(Smile). Yes, it's true that I'm happy with what I've been doing since the beginning of the season. I feel fit and have an impact on my team's game one way or another match after game. I feel that the work I have been doing for several years is paying off, and I am very happy with it. But I will not stop there. There are still a lot of matches and I want to keep going. The All-Star Break will arrive and then it will be necessary to finish the regular season in the best possible way.

What is your view of the Rockets season?

She is very positive. We win a lot of games, we win long streaks of wins away and we progress. We really enjoy playing together and the band is great. We live well and we all want to help the franchise to return to the fore. We beat very good teams and we know what we are capable of. We want to continue this momentum.

"My teammates trust me"
    A word to describe the duo of fire composed of James Harden and Chris Paul?

Exceptional! (smile) James walks on the water as usual and CP3 is really a very high level player. Both complement each other well and they help others to improve. I love playing with them. They are players who make you better, and leaders. Some people thought that James was going to have a different impact with the arrival of Chris, but when you're a player of this level, you know how to adjust to the novelty. They have a huge impact on the band, that's for sure. We are united and solid around them.

You feel at ease in the systems of Mike D'Antoni ...

I feel good and have responsibilities. I know what to do and I learn a lot with the staff. I try to read the game and study the game to the full, analyzing by video or looking at my opponents. I feel very good in the game systems, I have balls in attack, I am responsible for defense and I know that my teammates have confidence in me. When you're in a situation like this, you want to give everything for your team and that's what I try to do day after day.

We see you very close to Luc Mbah A Moute, Francophone like you ...

Yes, we get on very well with Luc. It's nice to speak French but also to be with a veteran like him, who knows the league and his game on the fingertips. We talk about everything, we laugh, he gives me advice, I really appreciate his presence, it's a plus for me. He's a fighter, a warrior, and I love playing with him. He defends hard, few people talk about him, but he's really a very high level defender. Our level of defense is growing, and it's also partly because of the impact of guys like Luc and Tucker.

"Olajuwon has marked the history of basketball, you can only listen to it and learn"
    You are playing your fourth season in the league, arguably the best of your career so far. What is your view of your progress?

I'm happy with the journey so far, but I do not want to stop there. I do not know if 4 years ago I saw myself arriving at this level, but I work hard and I try to take advantage of the opportunities that are offered to me. When I arrived at the Rockets, there were stars like Dwight Howard and I had to tear myself up to get where I am today. I feel good, I know that I help the team but I do not want to stop there. I'm only 23, I want to continue my career and continue to become a complete player. There is no real secret. By dint of work, we come to everything.

Hakeem Olajuwon is very often present at the edge of the field during meetings at the Toyota Center. Does he advise you from time to time?

He often gives me advice. He tells me about the game and gives me from time to time some information on the movements in attack, on how to place me for example, full of advice. He's often at our home games, and it's huge to have a caption like that that gives you advice. This is an example for me, and even for other players, and I appreciate his advice. Hakeem Olajuwon has marked the history of basketball, you can only listen to it and learn.

Interviewed in Brooklyn

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Great interview. Was this washed through Google Translate?

I feel very good in the game systems, I have balls in attack -
    Clint Capela

3. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Was this interview translated to english, or am I trippin

4. 523744

523744 Member

Francophone.

D-rock, jeffvangundy and justtxyank like this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

What is your view of the Rockets season?

She is very positive.

A word to describe the duo of fire composed of James Harden and Chris Paul?

Exceptional! (smile) James walks on the water as usual

You feel at ease in the systems of Mike D'Antoni ...

I feel very good in the game systems, I have balls in attack...

Good interview, agree with the above.

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Obviously translated from French, guys. Hence the Luc Francophone question.

Great interview.

adw and DonKnock like this.
  7. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

yes

DonKnock, Deckard and ilovehtownbb like this.
  8. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

yes

DonKnock likes this.
  9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Je ne comprends pas. Qu-est-ce qu'il dit?

DonKnock likes this.
  10. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Awesome post OP. Never even thought about Luc being able to speak French with Capela. Im glad both of them have a means to find comfort even in the smallest of things.

But you know what he really wanted to say about Harden. "Man, he yells too much. Not to anybody but me. Why does he always yell at me?"

DonKnock and joeson332 like this.
  11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that thought I was tripping lol. Balls in attack!

12. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Do you plan on resigning with Houston this summer?

Of course!! Since they took a chance with a young kid from Switzerland, I will sign @ a discount...4 years 40 million :D

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

A great find and an outstanding interview, Stormy. Kudos! Takeaways? Clint loves it here. He's working his arse off to improve and we continue to see the results of his effort. Clint praised the leadership of James and Chris, understandably, and the positive way they impact his game. What surprised me the most was his praise of Luc. Capela was very effusive talking about him, praise well deserved, and it just hadn't occurred to me before the read that they can both speak French to each other. Obvious when you think about it, but I hadn't. The continued presence on the team of Mbah a Moute after the season ends will be a major plus in negotiations, so Morey better insure Capela that Luc will remain a Rocket. Heck, it isn't like I don't want Luc to re-up with the Rocks anyway. When he was out, we often struggled on defense.

Keeping both is an easy decision if they'll take reasonable contracts, in my opinion. I'm optimistic that Morey will make that happen in the off-season. The odds of keeping anyone on the team, or bringing in a valued piece of our on-going puzzle, will improve dramatically if we win a championship. So let's win a championship!

DonKnock, D-rock and ilovehtownbb like this.
  14. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Awesome post OP!
    Also Im old enough to remember "Harden doesn't have lunch with you"

True Rocket likes this.
  15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

"I have balls in attack"

Yes you do Clint, yes you do.

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  16. clos4life

clos4life Member

Technically all of them do, but some are bigger than others.

justtxyank likes this.
  17. Ranny

Ranny Member

He is not lying, they have made him a lot better. Also he needs to be very grateful to them, they are about to make him filthy rich too.

napalm06, DonKnock and D-rock like this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

My wife agrees. She is very positive when I have balls in attack too.

bongman likes this.
  19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Olajuwon has marked the history of basketball

calurker, D-rock and napalm06 like this.
  20. juanm34

juanm34 Member

“Big Balls” Capela!!
    She is very positive.....