1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Golden State Worriers top seed lead watch

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FLASH21, Feb 6, 2018.

?

Will we regain the WC lead AND keep the top seed into the playoffs?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

2. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I’d rather the Warriors have 1st so they can play the Thunder who seemed to give them fits.

da_juice, J.R., whiskeyred and 5 others like this.
  3. Remlap

Remlap Member

Got our work cut out for us in Miami.
    They put it to us last time we played.

the shark likes this.
  4. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

On the flip side, HCA would be huge if we want to beat the Warriors in the WCF.

IvanLCPM, da_juice, Reeko and 5 others like this.
  5. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

With the 2 seed we would have HCA vs the Thunder :)

bilaal14 and arabrocket like this.
  6. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

They are about to lose. If they lose we will be tie for 1 but we got the tie breaker right ?
    The warriors have been playing bad as of late. Almost losing to sac. Losing big time to Utah and tonight against okc most of the night by 20.
    I think we might be half a game back but if we win tomorrow against Miami we will be ahead.

I didn’t know who to root for but this helps us getter #1 spot and if we get on a good streak before the all star break we will be in a good position to stay there. Right now the warriors might be on a funk so it’s our time to take advantage just like they did when we got out injuries. They have no excuse though their core and most of their players are healthy except their rookie Bell.
    Hopefully we win tomorrow Miami is always tough with white side in the middle.

#6 cerophilik, Feb 6, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    D-rock and BigShasta like this.
  7. Caesar

Caesar Member

jinx..we could just as easily lose 3 of the next 4

Rodman23 likes this.
  8. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

The problem with us getting the 1st seed is we end up having to play against the Thunder in round 2 since they are going to end up with the 4/5th seed. I would much rather have them play the Warriors in the 2nd round, that team really gives GS a lot of trouble.

I would much rather play against the Kawhi-less Spurs in the 2nd round than the Thunder.

Also, with Boogie getting hurt we really dodged a bullet because I believe that Pelicans team pre-injury would give us some trouble in round 1.

I guess it's a win either way.

da_juice and megastahr like this.
  9. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

what a stats chaser. Westbrook stayed on the game with the starters just so he would get closer to a triple double. He hunt a rebound then tried to get 3 more assist. He got one easily with Adams and the other Patterson didn’t shoot and the next Paul took too long and drove in

10. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

San Antonio is so disciplined and is far from a sure win in the 2nd round. Also, OKC could still end up with the 3rd seed, though unlikely. Sure, HCA is important, but I also hope the Rockets use the rest of the season to do some experimenting with lineups and strategies in case plan A and B goes to hell during a playoff game. But yes, there are positives in having either seed.

11. Pluplue

Pluplue Member

Bruh, I don't get how the warriors complain literally EVERY call. They get the most bs phantom calls on the other end.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

I say if the thunder are any good they will be the 3 seed, if they drop to 4-5 I think we can take them IF HEALTHY. They are massively inconsistent which either means that they only try in big games and they sweep the playoffs, or more likely, they are incapable of maintaining the same intensity and effort over a few weeks, let alone a 7 game series. They kinda remind me of our team last year, some days we would manhandle good playoff teams with crazy hot shooting, then the next we lose to some **** lotto team when we brick everything. This bit us HARD against San Antonio, when most of the time we couldn't maintain endless hot shooting outside of two games.

hakeem94 and jcf like this.
  13. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

No I don’t care who we played. We need the #1 seed. We won’t know which team gets which spot. We just need to get the #1 seed and not worry who we face till the playoffs.

IvanLCPM, hakeem94, bilaal14 and 2 others like this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets should not care about matchups. Houston has to believe and act like the predator, all other teams are prey. Line them up and run them into Nene’s chest, they are all going down, the order doesn’t matter.

Game7, hakeem94, BamBam and 5 others like this.
  15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Before we start worrying about the Thunder, lets see how Rockets match up against them with a full squad.

Rockets were without CP3, Luc and Green and Capela was coming back from injury

OKC is without Harden stopper Roberson.

Thunder maybe a bad matchup for GSW, that doesn't mean Rockets can't spank them.

16. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Yea warriors complain a lot but did you see how PG13 and Westbrook got a lot of continuation calls even if they didn’t score they went to the line. That phantom call where westbrick tripped on his own was hilarious. No one around him ref in front of him and still calls a foul.
    Without Adams they are nothing though. That’s what helps okc. The warriors have no one to keep him in check. Zaza can’t handle him.
    I would let Russ do all the ball handling and try to keep PG always guarded. And keep Adams from having his way on the boards. Russ almost help the warriors come back. He kept jacking up shots and Pg kept making those 3s.

D-rock likes this.
  17. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Stat they showed tonight, Draymond Green is tied with Kevin Durant for most technicals in the NBA lol. Watching this game made very little sense to me. OKC has played horrible defensively since the Roberson injury, yet they were able to force the warriors to constantly post up David West. At one point West touched the ball inside 4 possessions in a row, Reggie and co called out ZaZa by saying teams should just leave him open even after he gets the ball because he can't do anything right. It felt like Steph and Klay weren't even at the game

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  18. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Westbrook reminding us why he won the MVP

Thank you Brodie!!

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

If we want to go far we should think about the inevitable GSW matchup, so HCA is the goal here. I want the 1st seed!

hakeem94, bilaal14 and D-rock like this.
  20. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Yep... even though I would love to see the Spurs have a go at the Warriors before we do. I'd love to see them slide a foot under a couple of their players.

hakeem94 likes this.