1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Colin "Coward" says Bill Worrell was HIGH praising Harden's 60pts and goes on anti-Harden rant

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hakeemthagreat, Feb 1, 2018.

1. hakeemthagreat

How DARE he disrespect Bill like that. I'm 100% sure he's never watched a Rockets game that wasn't nationally televised. Yes Harden QUIT last year's playoffs. But why do they use this to discredit his MVP caliber season this year? He even used the "It's Mike D'Antoni's system" excuse for the triple double. I don't remember MDA hitting any shots, getting any assist or grabbing any rebounds for the Rockets. This is the worst take on the Rockets I've ever heard. Had Lebron had a 60pt triple double, this SAME GUY would be nutthugging Lebron every day this week. 100% Media bias

2. OTMax

OTMax Member

Honestly, I didn’t know Cowherd ‘s shtick before, but know now he’s the worst. He doesn’t understand basketball and just likes to be the negative nancy, sceptical and unimpressed by everything. Worse than Skip Bayless!

s3ts likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Save yourself! Do not listen to the above or read the below! It's garbage!

4. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I thought he was good last year being seemingly the only voice of reason within the media calling out Westbrook.

But I gave him too much credit, and it just seems he hates on whoever the MVP is.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Don't click on that youtube link.
    When Colin was stumping for Harden last year I KNEW it was because the rest of the country was against Harden and he just wanted to be the contrarian. This dude is the worst.. what the hell is he talking about? ridiculous.

6. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Who cares what this meadow muffin says. Worrell is most certainly declining. I hate to see him go, but damn. He is OLD. Cut him some slack.

But, Colon Cowturd can go felate himself.

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Should've took your advice.

Thanks for taking one for the team.

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

shots fired!

cant wait for bill to answer!

hajkov likes this.
  9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't think this deserved it's own thread, but you know ..

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...ping-up-on-hakeem.288025/page-4#post-11561558

10. hakeemthagreat

Worrell is a LEGEND that most Rocket fans love and will hate to see go

11. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Cowherd completely straw mans Bill. Bill never said it was the greatest performance he has ever seen. He said he's never seen anything like it. Which is true because nobody has ever seen anything like that. It was the first 60 point triple double in NBA history.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You're right.
    He never said Harden was better than Hakeem.

If he did, we'd worry about his health.

RiceRockets likes this.
  13. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

RiceRockets likes this.
  14. hieuytran

hieuytran Member

Cowherd also said that the Dodgers were a dynasty comparing them to Alabama, Patriots, etc. before they even won anything and then we all know what happened in the WS.

If you guys ignore all these negative Nancy's out there your day would go a lot better and just enjoy OUR MVP

juanm34, napalm06 and Os Trigonum like this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

this is exactly why I had to stop watching these shows...I was listening to everything these fools had to say last season when it came to the Rockets, Harden, and the MVP race, and it often left me annoyed and frustrated

Colin Cowherd deserves Donkey of the Day

Daddy Long Legs and DonKnock like this.
  16. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

I'll shed a tear when he retires. He's been apart of my life for 30+ years. We protect our own. Worrell is Rox royalty. We need to throw shade @ this dude thru social media...punk ass

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Cowherd lives in a world where you have to separate yourself from the pack. How better to separate yourself than to denigrate that who is being lauded by others? It's the oldest trick in the book. He might be unimpressed with Harden's 60 point triple-double, but I'm even more unimpressed with his schtick. It's lazy, contrived, and straight up moronic. But, I can't think of any other mainstream media member I wouldn't say the same thing about. Bad journalism is a scourge on this society, and it's making our people dumber.

DonKnock likes this.
  18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He's just a hot take guy in the end.

Everyone was praising Harden and so he has to find the hottest of takes to take.

It'd be great if he had a show with Skip. By the end of it, they'll be agreeing that Bobby Brown is the best guard in the NBA in their competition to have the hottest of scorching hot takes.

19. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I agree. He is slipping, but I hate to see him go. Just like Gene Petersen. Rockets on Radio is just not the same. So glad I have the 95 finals video with Gene's audio on tape to look back upon.

20. Mr. Turbo

Mr. Turbo Member

Damn this is the crankiest dude of all time. hahah what a joke.