1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017-18 San Antonio Spurs

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by celebrevida, Dec 27, 2017.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. JaceMan da SpaceMan

Did they suk dik 2nite I didn't not wach

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yes, they lost.

don grahamleone and R0ckets03 like this.
  4. today

today Contributing Member

If Leonard is healthy by the playoffs, I think I'd still rather face Minny, despite the current turmoil that SA is in.

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

sperms got so much help in the final minutes to cut that 17pt lead down. felt bad for indy getting reamed by the refs left and right

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lol isn't it premature to turn Parker into a bench dude? DJ scored less than Parker in more minutes at a horrid rate.

7. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I think the spurs fall to either 4th-5th and will play OKC in the 1st rd. They will beat them with Leonard.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They give me that lukewarm feeling without Kawhi.

9. Bruce Bowen

Bruce Bowen Member

Actually most of the fans that I know are ok with this because I/we assume Murray is penciled in as the future pg... I wish he was playing better but he's only 21 so I hope he improves. In the end the Spurs Organization team is transitioning into who knows what...

It is weird to be losing so much but I guess they weren't' going to win 70% of their games forever...

10. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

Wow, great win in blowout over Grizzlies with literally a scrub lineup (no Leonard and no Aldridge). Only guy I recognize is a on the verge of retirement, P Gasol.

Here are their starters:
    D Bertans - 42nd pick
    K Anderson - 30th pick
    P Gasol - 3rd pick but 37 years old now
    D Murray - 29th pick
    D Green - 46th pick

The Grizzlies must be really bad to lose to such a scrub Spurs lineup.

roslolian and Madeinchin4 like this.
  11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Is Conley back?

Rocket River

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

[​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

LOL Spoiled ass Spurs fans. 32-19, mostly without Kawhi, we're so "mediocre", waahhhhh! :rolleyes:

Go read Jeff McDonald's timeline
    • So...when does Kawhi come back?? It is painful to watch the spurs. After almost 15 yrs following, I know what fans of mediocre teams feel season in and season out (Jeff McDonald: I mean, they stink tonight. But they are still third in the West. A little better than mediocre.)
    • Even though they are third, is that why they are playing this way. They aren’t even trying or trying to make the game exciting. I love our spurs but I’m not use to seeing them play like this. (JM: A huge issue is the entire roster is built around a guy who has been available for precisely nine games.)
    • How are we suppose to compete with teams like h ouston and warriors with showings like this? (JM: I hate to be the one to break it to you ....)
    • Well I’ll be sending an email to the Spurs tomorrow morning. This is why I don’t go to games. Embarrassing performance. (JM: Please cc me)
    • Time to blow everything up (JM: Trust the process)
    • GS wins without Steph, H wins without Harden/ CP3..are we that one dimensional that we can't stay competitive without Kawhi? (JM: Two points: 1) I assume if the Spurs had Kevin Durant and two other All-Stars, they'd fare a little better when Kawhi is out. 2) That said, they are 32-19 so I'm not sure about your definition of "competitive.")
    • Spurs are just not a very good team. Flaws are more evident this season than ever before due to injuries sustained. One thing is clear above all, patty is our weakest link and w/ Parker as a reserve he’s become more redundant and less needed than at any point in his spurs tenure (JM: I would agree they aren't playing well right now. Healthy, this is largely the same team that won 60 games last season + Rudy Gay. So if they could ever get well, they'd maybe be OK. Seems to be a big IF.)
    • What’s your opinion...should the Spurs “blow it up” this summer? If they manage to even qualify for the playoffs they likely wouldn’t survive the first round. (JM: Probably a more viable option would be to hope Kawhi gets healthy and eventually begins to look like Kawhi again.)
    • Getting trashed by the 76’ers at home tells me even if Kawhi were healthy and played it wouldn’t have made a difference in the outcome. (JM: Maybe. Maybe not.)
    • Ok. We agree to disagree. I love the Spurs. My point is that the team as it is currently constructed cannot realistically compete for a title. (JM: Yes, the odds are super good Golden State is going to win the championship again.)
    • Not to mention none of CP3/Harden/Steph makes the impact on defense and offense Leonard does. Leonard is the nucleus of everything the Spurs do on both sides, for better or for worse. People need to calm down. (JM: Right. Spurs fans in 2016-17: Kawhi Leonard is the best two-way player in the world. He does it all! He should be the MVP! He was robbed! ... Spurs fans in 2017-18: I can't explain why we're not winning more with Leonard out for all but nine games.)
    • Without Leonard, the Spurs are mediocre at best. (JM: They are 32-19, which is technically better than mediocre. But yes, they need him to be considered any kind of Western Conference contender.)

JM: Fans don't like to hear excuses. I get it. But being on the road for much of the past month has taken its toll on the Spurs, too. It's not just away games. There are side effects I honestly hadn't considered. For instance, Davis Bertans mentioned to me how difficult it can be to find a practice gym on the road to get up extra shots if you're struggling. At home, a player has pretty much 24-7 access to the practice facility. Also, injuries. At home, guys with nagging injuries have unfettered access to treatment and the weight room. On the road? Not so much. As Danny Green said yesterday, you can't just knock on the door at MSG and ask to use the weight room. Also, I'd have to look it up ... but I can't recall many stretches where the Spurs have played 16 of 21 on the road. That's pretty extreme. At that point, even the one-game homestands feel like roadies. It wears on me. Can only imagine what it's like for people playing the games.

cheke64, Vivi and slothy420 like this.
  14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Funny that you posted this because I follow Jeff and saw the same stuff. Entitled Spurs fans crying a river at a bump in the road. "I don't know how to feel after being a contender for TWENTY YEARS." "How did we feel before chasing rings?" FOH. This is a fan base that needs a reset in the worst way. And the Warriors fans are next.

Just disgusting.

roslolian, Vivi, J.R. and 1 other person like this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. joeson332

joeson332 Member

35-22 should be a damn good achievement given their injury issues, or are they really that bad ala 2016 Houston Texans where record doesn't reflect the overall team?

roslolian likes this.
  17. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

If Leonard is done this year, Spurs should tank. If Leonard is going the way of Grant Hill, they should trade him ASAP and let other teams take the risk instead.

roslolian and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

They are 35-23 at the break -- should they just lose out?

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

My respect for Tim Duncan just went through the roof after seeing the Spurs imploding without him. They didn't even last 2 years lol.

He is the 2000s GOAT imho, all the MVPs after Shaq and before Lebron should've gone to him.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I agree but you cannot control the draft, they at least need a borderline allstar or allstar type of player.
    Unlikely but possible another Duncan, Manu or Parker is falling in their lap so easily again. Or Kawhi at spot 15.