1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron James Could Form the Superteam to End All Superteams in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zeeshan2, Dec 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Even in 95 I guess Barkley Hakeem and Clyde we’re still elite but it was the decline forsure at that point.

I guess cp3 def falls in that category.

Lebron it’s tough but I don’t think I would put him in that group yet either, he really doesn’t seem to be slowing down at all, but his advanced numbers are starting to trend the wrong way for almost a month now so maybe he is slowly starting to fade. ( all the more reason to come play with the next guy)

Harden is absolutely not in those guys class. He’s 28 will be 29 next season and still has bare minimum 3 more truely elite mvp seasons in him after this season.

But ya the 95 team def has some similarities to this core if we got Lebron. All those guys are top 50 players but on the wrong side of 30.

Harden is what tips the scale for me.

Houstunna likes this.
  2. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I feel like Lebron would try to force the rest of his banana boat brothers (Melo, Wade) to join the team. Whether that'd be forcing Morey to sign or trade for them, who knows. They'd have to come off the bench for the min. tho.

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

This is where China needs to shine.

The logo is catered, so payroll should be greater'd.

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

FYI, if the Rockets get LeBron, he will be getting the max. It will be CP3 that will take "less" to make the numbers work.

5. OTMax

OTMax Member

I know from a talent standpoint you don't say no to Lebron, but given his history as a drama queen, controlling a franchise, not taking responsibility, not trying on defense, not backing up his coach, constantly feeling the need to give his friends good contracts and then whining about not enough help and everything else, can you honestly say you would want all of that coming here? Winning might fix a lot, but his personality just rubs me really the wrong way and it should with everyone. I think only Skip Bayless is highly critical of Lebron, Barkley at times, but the rest gives him a break every single time since his time back in Cleveland.

They might have won a championship and he could have us win one too if he comes here, but I wouldn't necessarily enjoy it. It would be the easy way out for him. And would he keep his drama to a low? Would he accept a 3rd role, since it's James & CP3's team? This is no Miami where he became the #1 option, but they had an older Wade and Bosh. If he thinks he can come here as some sort of hero we need to save us and ride his ass to the championship, he has another thing coming.

I've lost a lot of respect for him and never really liked him in the first place, but he's just nothing like the best to play the game. I have more respect for Harden, even with his disappearing acts in the play-offs. At least Harden doesn't air out dirty laundry, throw teammates under the bus, cause drama and ask for help all the time.

Thoughts?

BleedsRocketRed and Jayzers_100 like this.
  6. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I hear a lot of what you are saying here but ultimately any team just like any organization has to sacrifice to be successful. What was the point if you don't win in the end? We are somewhat spoiled by Harden in that we have been able to match up against a team like the Warriors 1 on 4 or 2 on 5 in terms of stars. It is no accident that CP3 is here or that LBJ might be here. Selfish or not they know no one else can do what Harden does. Neither of them have ever played with someone of his caliber. LBJ tends to go into this b****y phase when things don't go well but there is good reason for that. His team sucks and they are dogging it waiting for him to save them. His selfishness was constantly on display with Bosh and Love. Bosh could move to the 5 but Love could not and it ultimately exposed his weaknesses as a player. LBJ could not provide the constant level of activity and needed to cheat into the 4 position which is really his true position now.

I agree if he comes here it will be a paradigm shift for him but one that I think he already knows he has to accept. He could boss around other GMs because frankly they were invisible. Morey will be smarter than him and not really be someone he has to work against. In terms of the team dynamic as b****y as he may get that doesn't mean he is wrong. CP3 will be able to keep a lot in line. One of the main reasons why I wanted him on this team is leadership. I think LBJ wants to go into longevity mode to achieve legendary status. He needs the Kareem out. Harden gives him that space. I don't think he can afford to pull the same **** here because the damage it will do to people who are his equal. Wade will also come with him.

Take LBJ out of the equation altogether. We are playing crippled without a star because of the nuclear bomb we are sitting on known as Ryno. He was the price for our failed season that should have been KD. We lost a failed star in Dwert and missed adding our third one. It is quit amazing that we turned around that failure so quickly because of Harden, EGo, and Capela but there was a horrible price, desperation. This is literally our last chance to turn Ryno's contract into something else. We are caplocked and will be permanently. What other options will help our team? We can't get Cousins. Capela and Jordan don't work together or move the needle. We could only get PG13 through trade with OKC. Right, impossible. Our backcourt is stocked so it needs to be a 3/4 that can provide defensive presence and offensive versatility and 3pt shooting. LBJ is the perfect fit.

We are virtually unbeatable with all players healthy now because when Harden leaves the court the others teams backups are destroyed by CP3. If you alternate some mix of Harden/James/CP3/Wade/Green (assuming EGo gone in trade, if not OMG) the other team is going to be under a constant assault with Ariza, Moute, Capela, Nene, and hopefully some other defender. You could reduce everyone's minutes because of this overwhelming depth.

I don't want to fight the good fight carrying an anchor. It's not fair to the city or wasting the legacy of stars who we know could have delivered better with the right weapons. We already played this game as we look back fondly at Yao and TMac but we always knew it should have been more. If Yao doesn't get hurt who wins that championship even without TMac? We might have a chance to do it differently this time.

7. hakeemthagreat

The media giving Lebron a out when the Cavs get destroyed this year. Expect all these "rumors" to increase the more Lebron keeps losing. Do NOT want that circus here

8. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Why do you hate lebron so much?

Tfor3 likes this.
  9. OTMax

OTMax Member

Points well taken, especially about Lebron not being able to pull that crap on Morey nor CP3.

10. plee

plee Member

He called into 790 the day of the Warriors game after they were complaining about the crowd, one of the questions they asked him was he willing to go into luxury tax land (I think they were hinting at LBJ) and he said if it that's what it takes to have a winning team (paraphrasing) but yes.

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

12. s3ts

s3ts Member

I'm expecting a blockbuster trade. Cleveland will do everything to keep Lebron there. They're definitely getting either Deandre or Boogie or AD.

At this point, nothing can hurt. Their roster is playing like garbage.

13. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

By account of multiple reports they aren’t parting with the nets pick which is the asking prices for any of those guys. Too high of a risk that things don’t work out and they’re left with nothing if James walks. The more likely outcome is they try to do a trade like CP3 to acquire more assets if he decides to leave. That gives them to option to wait and see, keep the pick to use or improve the roster if he stays, or trade him for more rebuilding assets.

But to OTMax’s point, I’d do it....be exctied about it, but feel a bit dirty too. Would rather have PG13 for all the reasons you mentioned.

s3ts and justtxyank like this.
  14. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

DE Andre Jordan will come over, but does not move the needle very far. Lebron will force a sign and trade to Houston involving himself and Jordan for Clint, Anderson, Draft picks, and fillers.

s3ts likes this.
  15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He's too talented not to say yes, but there would be MAJOR fears in my mind.

Lebron is a disruptive force. He isn't going to come here and blend in. It worked in Miami because Wade decided to bend the knee and Bosh was fine to be a role player. Is that happening here? Is Harden going to be Wade? I don't see that happening. Bosh has talked about how hard it is playing with Lebron because he wants everything run around what he wants. You have to stay where he wants you on the floor, etc. It's been difficult for every star that has played with Lebron.

I'd be nervous.

16. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I agree with this and yet, you still make it happen.

I was having this very conversation last night about LBJ. CP3 has seemingly bought in in every way and so far so good. Maybe with as close as he and LeBron are they could find a happy medium.

I would be worried that LBJ would try an run the show, but hopefully the organization would stand firm as Riley did to make it work. With James getting up there, he needs to realize the clock is ticking on his career. It should be all about winning at this point.

17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I love it. Someone tweet that to LBJ

18. s3ts

s3ts Member

Well, depends on what the Celtics are doing.

If they're offering Rozier, Tatum, whatever, for AD, I'd bet Cleveland is willing to throw in the Nets pick to nix it.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

If Boston offers Tatum for AD (assuming the Pelicans are even't willing to move him) then he is more valuable than the Nets pick.

Cleveland only has ONE asset that would be interesting at all in an AD (or even Cousins) trade and that's the Nets pick. The rest of their assets are garbage. So yes, they have a reasonably high lottery pick plus their own late pick they can give someone and then you can have your pick of mediocre (or worse) veterans with bad contracts to make the math work. If Boston is willing to give up actual good players and a high upside guy like Tatum, they will blow out any Cleveland offer.

20. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

Lol if I was Dan Gilbert I would just trade Lebron to the Bucks as payback for 2011 and also for him being a B.