1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CP3 has be an All-Star

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, Jan 21, 2018.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

What he's shown this year, especially lately with his scoring and overall leadership that he should be there! Would be a big travesty if he's not, averaging 19/9/6. I think they will argue too many games missed but that shouldn't matter.

2. RocketsFan92

RocketsFan92 Member

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Cool story till it's out.

4. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Who picks the reserves? Coaches? Or Lebron / Curry.

5. malakas

malakas Member

the coaches.
    Westbrook, LMA, Butler are locks.
    After that I would choose, CP3, Lillard, Jokic and Towns.

6. OTMax

OTMax Member

Yeah, there's not many others you can choose in the front court, but I'd take Lou Williams over Lilliard and Paul George should be a forward and I'd take him over Jokic.

BigMaloe likes this.
  7. malakas

malakas Member

I don't think that George should be an All Star this year at all. I don't like Towns either but...there's not much to choose from. I believe he's worthy more of it than Green who shouldn't be awarded for such a down season.
    But to be frank one of Thompson or Green is very likely to make it.

This year the West is pretty underwhelming especially in the frontcourt. Someone like Drummond who has very little chance to make it in the East I would choose him over Green or Towns for this year's perfomance.(and improvement).

8. OTMax

OTMax Member

In a lesser role still averaging 20 PPG, 2.2 steals (leading the league), career high in 3p% and takes so far (43%) and definitely the one carrying them most night scoring wise. I'd say that is arguably more worthy than what Jokic is doing since they are not really winning and PG-13 has been steady all season, it was Westbrook and Carmelo holding them back.

Green & Klay are definitely not worthy, but you know at least one of them will make it as you say. Would be a damn shame though, Warriors are not that great anymore, Green is not better than Jokic or Towns as an individual so **** him and Klay is having a down year. Lou has carried that Clippers team with all the injuries and kept them in the play-off hunt, much more impressive. Is there seriously a quota for front court and back court for the reserves?

RasaqBoi likes this.
  9. malakas

malakas Member

yes. 3 frontcourt 3 backcourt and 1 wild card I believe.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think the selection process is too grusome.

And the result is to be recognized in a Popularity contest and meaningless game (for the fans who want to see a competitive game without shenanigans of an exhibition game).

11. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Looks like D Antoni will be the coach on Curry’s team.

The Boston Celtics' Brad Stevens and Golden State's Steve Kerr are both ineligible because they coached the game last season. Although the players will disregard conference affiliation, the coaches will align with the respective captain from each conference

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I only care that CP3>Lillard

BigShasta, D-rock and DonKnock like this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I hope CP gets selected as an all star. Rockets deserve 2 players on the team with their record and stats.

But, I am worried that CP's missed games will hurt him. Have to hope the coaches weight the Rockets WINS over the games missed.

YOLO and DonKnock like this.
  15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

shouldnt title read Cp3 has to be an all-star?

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Yes. But I could take it or leave it. Kinda like having CP3 playing with an even bigger chip on his shoulder 2nd half of season and playoffs. Give him nothing so he can claim ring and finals MVP.

Much better than all star back up.

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Chris Paul has played in well over half (61%) of the Rockets games this season propelling the team to a 32-12. Second best in the NBA and have beaten the Warriors twice.

CP is averaging 19ppg, 9apg, 6rpg, 2spg and FG% splits of 46/40/91.

Rockets should get 2 all stars.

The national media in picking their reserves basically nixes Paul on the basis of games missed. And they are pushing Lillard.

Hopefully the Coaches that actually pick the reserves give the Rockets record more weight.

I hate the fact that teams BELOW the Rockets are likely getting multiple All Stars: Pelicans, maybe Wolves or even Thunder.

cdrive, DonKnock and slothy420 like this.
  18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I mean... it is kind of fair to mention his games missed. Sure, he's played great and the Rockets are I think 21-6 in games with him. But all three of the Pelicans, Wolves and Thunder have more than 21 wins. I mean KAT and Butler have played in like 18+ more games than CP3. Paul George has played in 16 more games.

I think its fair either way.

19. photojoe

photojoe Member

CP3 deserves to be there

But I wouldn't mind at all if he's not

Let him rest his knees

s3ts and DonKnock like this.
  20. rockets13champs

Gordon has Be allstar too