1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A. Smith: "Deandre Jordan wants to be traded to the Houston Rockets"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by James Hardashian, Jan 16, 2018.

1. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Jordan can't put the ball on the floor and drive like Capela can, you can do the pick and roll out further than you can with Jordan. Capela is a better scorer than Jordan will ever be.

BigMaloe likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

How much value do u put on there being no question of if DJ can handle 30-35 minutes every single night and DJ being better equipped to handle strong bigs? Those are 2 big advantages that DJ has over Capela to me.

3. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Capela can play 30+ a night easily, you need to remember than Nene gets his minutes as well, so that cuts in to Capela's minutes. But when Nene doesn't play, Capela plays 30+ quite often. Capela is averaging 30mpg in his past 5 games and 28.6 in January. Capela has played 28 minutes or more in 8 of the last 10 games

BigMaloe likes this.
  4. s3ts

s3ts Member

Did he play 30 mintues against Clips? No, 2 minutes short.

He also got blocked twice by SFs and Gs.

I hated how little he brought to the Clips game. He clearly didn't prepare.

5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

The Rockets will be operating over the cap almost from the get go this offseason - Explain to me how you plan to bring in TWO large contracts after shedding Ryno's ??? It is his contract that allows you to absorb that star players contract .... Capela affects nothing other than his cap hold and would only be useful in a sign and trade which would trigger the hard cap .... limiting you further.

You might be able to do it assuming you have both Ryno and EGo's contracts to maneuver with and then you still have to have additional contracts to make up any difference in the 125%+100k rule between those contracts you are bringing in.

Ryno + Black + Onuaku = Lebron's incoming salary

Ego 13m x125% +XXX = second contract

Capela .... used in a sign and trade invokes the hard cap

6. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

apparently players can't have bad games according to you......

it really doesn't matter how many minutes a player plays. If Jordan was on our team, i bet you he would play under 30 minutes a game as well.

28 minutes 14pts 7rebs 2blks 1stl 6-10 shooting isn't too bad of a game

7. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lol that is a load of rubbish, so that is the excuse of every player in the league that doesn't dominate a game is it ?

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You guys are crazy if you think Deandre Jordan doesn't have games where he's a non-factor.

Blurr#7, YOLO and BigMaloe like this.
  9. s3ts

s3ts Member

wtf is this... i never said that, i said he had a bad game.

That sounds, basically, like the game Ariza had. Give or take couple of FGAs, Pts, Rbs... Capela with 5 min less of PT.

We all want Capela to make the all-stars this year. He did NOT have an all-star caliber game against the Clips.

That's all I'm saying. I'm not saying Capela is garbage, I'm not saying he's a piece of crap.

If all you're gonna do is watch the scoreboard, then go ahead. I watched the game, and I was pissed at how little he was playing and how none of his plays had the finesse as we've seen in other games. Still doesn't have the veteran moves to protect his shooting hand from defenders with his off-hand. Getting blocked by players that are way smaller than him was stupidly embarrassing. That kind of stuff can change the momentum of the game and it did for us.

10. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

<------- he is definitely not this

11. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

not really, blocking is about timing.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

you realize wesley johnson an athletic 6'8 forward with a 7'1 wingspan is not way smaller than him

13. s3ts

s3ts Member

Who leads the league in blocks? PFs and Cs, right?

Wesley Johnson SF is listed at 6'7". I give you that he's super athletic with huge wingspan.

If I know that, and Capela went up pathetically for that dunk, his mind is clearly not focused on the game.

I don't know if you read my post. I said he didn't bring his A-game, still hasn't developed veteran moves when dunking to protect his shooting hand while going up.

To me, lack of heart, lack of focus, lack of intensity from Capela, is a big reason we lost the game.

Obviously, I'm not mentioning PJ, Green, etc. I'm just saying his game wasn't great in this instance.

amaru and hakeem94 like this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

you said way smaller and stupidly embarrassing. and now pathetic

not really. its the nba. guys are going to get blocked no matter how big or small you are.

15. amaru

amaru Member

Are his non-factor games as frequent as Capela's?

16. s3ts

s3ts Member

I'll give you that the 1 dunk (there was TWO of them remember) wasn't "way smaller". If I wasn't clear that I was conceding that point, for that specific dunk, there it is clearly for you.

But it WAS stupidly embarrassing, and pathetic.

Just watch how pathetic he was going up for the dunk. No protection on his shot, no bounce, no pump fake, no anticipation. He even stared at Johnson for a second and went up for it anyway thinking he got it. Christ, he had NO chance dunking that over him.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

all of your whining is basically based on after the fact. Wesley johnson made a great defensive play so what. it happens. move on. I dont think it was "stupidly embarrassing and pathetic"at all

Whats really in the "stupidly embarrassing, and pathetic" category is NBA players who still airball free throws night in and night out.

18. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Clint is fine.

What is killing us is rim protection in the weak side when Clint helps out.

It’s killing us.

I’m guessing when our team is fully healthy tucker luc or Ariza will make that switch a little quicker since they will be playing less minutes and we won’t see as many open lanes to the basket on the weak side.

Iv been watching the last few games and that’s been the main defensive issue. Were scrambling and making nice effort till the very end and we can’t recover at the very end to stop the weak side attack.

If we could eliminate even 3 or 4 of those attempts a game it would shave prob 4 points off our defense which would be huge.

Deuce likes this.
  19. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Capela vs DJ is really a question of matchups. If you don't want to get out rebounded by teams like the Thunder/Twolves, DJ will be better than Clint. If you have to play the Warriors, you would far rather have Clint on the perimeter than the far more slow-footed Jordan. Whats more important, rebounding or perimeter defense?

Of course having both would be nice...

D-rock and ipaman like this.
  20. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

If the Rockets acquired DeAndre (and I don't have a clue how unless Ryan Anderson was involved, and even then I'm not sure Capela included would get it done), he would opt in for sure. I'd need @BimaThug to sort it out, but I think that would end your pursuit of LeBron. Granted, DeAndre would be easier to "unload" than Anderson, but seems to be against the whole point of acquiring him in the first place.

I think Tyson Chandler is someone who interests me. If I could do Anderson + asset for Chandler + Dudley, I'd be listening, but I can't see why a rebuilding team like Phoenix would want an extra year of $20M in salary. If anything, they're likely looking to get expirings for Chandler.

mikol13, Kendrick Lamar and Deuce like this.