1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Chris Paul the REAL leader of the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jan 13, 2018.

?

Is Chris Paul the leader of the Rockets?

1. Yes

29 vote(s)
    60.4%
  2. Only if Max Kellerman says so

8 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. He's 32 , compare him to Jordan at 32

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  4. Chris Paul wears Jordans what do you think ! ?

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. No leaders wear the same brand shoes as Kanye and Jeremy Lin

7 vote(s)
    14.6%
  1. amaru

amaru Member

What has you so triggered?

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

What kind of leader fails to realize PJ Tucker doesn't shoot enough, let's Gordon shoot too much and naively gives Ryan Anderson positive vibes when he is killing us.

SamFisher, Pen15clubber and mockster like this.
  3. mockster

mockster Member

Cp3 is a natural born leader, he’s older, wiser and more of a true point guard

I feel like cp3 is a leader on and off the court and sort of has like a “coach” like personality. Harden is more laid back, less vocal but still will talk to his team and a more lead by example guy

I would say both of them are the generals of the team obviously but cp3 obviously has more of an
    Impact by far

cheke64 likes this.
  4. mockster

mockster Member

That’s it, clutchfans is the true leaders of this team

5. Nivos

Nivos Member

I thing Harden really embraces Paul's leadership. Dont understand why people take it as a cnock on Harden.
    A veteran HOF in Paul who knows the ins and outs of the game is someone Harden really needed around him.
    It didnt work with Dwight who was too goofy, which is kinda Harden's personality in a way. But it feels like Paul and Harden compliment each other personalities and respect each other a lot.
    I agree that Paul is the leader of the team, while Harden is the best player, and I love the fact that he's so engaged in the team even now when he's hurt. He still comes to every game and encourage the guys from the bench. Its not to be taken for granted.
    Even if all fails somehow and Paul leaves by the end of the season, still Harden will learn so much from it in terms of leadership it was worth to give up so much for Paul.

Plowman likes this.
  6. JaceMan da SpaceMan

Timnan sho ur wife if she hotter for kloe then u keep talk shiit lol

7. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yeah, that same CP3 that hasn’t been past the 2nd round is our leader. Harden has only been to the WCF

Cheerleaders= cheer
    Players= play
    Coaches= coach/lead

Edited:
    Reminds me of the movie: Kung Pow: Enter the Fist
    “We purposely trained Wimp Lo wrong as a joke”

Someone trained CP3 to exit the playoffs earlier rather than later......as a joke.

#47 ApacheWarrior, Jan 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Harden isn’t a leader

9. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I mean I thought that was the reason cp3 came here?

To help harden out in the playoffs when teams load up on him and be the player/coach on and off the court.

I mean if we’re going by who’s more important to us winning a championship, it’s harden.

But harden needs cp3 so this is a pointless poll.

Forsure cp3 is the leader, if Lebron was here cp3 would still be the leader that’s just his personality. He’s a coach in the making.

Harden is just a mvp kinda like Kevin Durant. Although I will say harden has more nuts than KD. Harden wouldn’t b**** about having to pick the allstar team, he’d prob think it’s cool.

Harden is really popular around the league with other stars, they’ll come play with him. That says a lot.

Cp3 is overwhelming but we have the one top 5 player who really needed that type of personality so it worked out perfect.

And they play off each other really well.

This experiment has gone better than anyone could have expected.

Reeko, Plowman and ApacheWarrior like this.
  10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Mavsprick

When you watch rockets games and hardens shooting fts when people yell MVP do you yell something else or just pout?

11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Yep MDA led the rockets to 55 wins last year coz he's a kerr/pops calibre coach

12. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Stuff like who is the man, who is the real leader, who is the alpha are stupid. They are 1a, 1b and both need to perform great to win it all.

13. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Kevin McHale: Players "PLAY HARD" for Chris Paul. Harden is not much of a motivator
    :eek::eek::eek:

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The fact that Harden is a better offensive player than Hakeem ever was.

hakeem94 and amaru like this.
  15. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Wasn't he brought here to be the leader? Did I miss something? Did James give an inspiring speech at the Golden Globes and he's the leader now?

16. treeman

treeman Member

We're clearly approaching the point where The One True Leader must be selected, and since there can only be One, there is only One way to determine who is The One True Leader.

Clearly, it is time for a fight to the death. Only then will we know for sure who the REAL One True Leader is.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  17. AzCkR

AzCkR Member

lol this thread

Pen15clubber likes this.
  18. rockpileindisma

This thread smells like sexual frustration

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

Tinman, seek help

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Morey got us help. He saw that Chris Paul was the mentally tough leader we need.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spo...ts-James-Harden-Chris-Paul-blend-12274399.php

Rockets' James Harden, Chris Paul blend leadership skills
    Harden, Paul may approach leadership differently, but so far it seems to work

Paul has been a leader before anyone beyond Lewisville, N.C. had heard of him. He emulated his father and his late grandfather. He was his high school's student body president not just when he was a senior - and homecoming king - but in all four years he was there. He is not just his team's union representative, he is president of the National Basketball Players Association.

But he has evolved.

"You pay attention to stuff," Paul said. "I don't think there is always just one particular way to lead. I've always been hard on myself, my teammates. I was real crazy back in New Orleans, like really. You learn. You adjust. Each teammate, you have to talk to differently."

When Paul arrived in Houston in July and went through five hours of medical testing, Rockets trainer Jason Biles had been around him long enough to arrive at a question.

"He asked me if I played other sports," Paul said. "I said, 'Yeah, I played football. I was the quarterback.' He said, 'You always have to be in control, huh?' That may be the case. I've always sort of been in the leadership role.

"I always say, my whole life I've been the point guard or I've been the quarterback. You sort of figure it out. But some people are not going to like it. Some people are not going to like the way you do stuff."

Paul has long accepted that, but it is not just instincts. He has studied leadership, watching teammates and coaches, but also leaders in business and other fields.

hakeem94 likes this.