1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden at 28 is better than Michael Jordan at 28

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jan 8, 2018.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

he would be the best player on that court... height and vert has nothing to do with it...

2. rockets13champs

hardens "weight" alot of it is muscle. I don't know what games you watching but harden is alot of the times only one moving on defense. Not greatly athletic but he is greatly agile

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. the shark

the shark Member

OP, Harden is NOT better than MJ right now nor will he ever be.

Saying this is NOT a slight on Harden as MJ is the best to ever lace them up.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He seems to magically lose all that agility when the ball isn't in his hand on offensive sets and the only way he can get free is by a blatant push off .

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

define the best?
    best to your liking or you have some objective criteria?
    you really think mj would won the ship with last years hardens crew?

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Clutchfans at 99 is significantly better than Clutchfans at 2018
    you got fake fans who never saw Hakeem with Hakeem in their moniker?
    stay in your lane

bulkatron likes this.
  7. the shark

the shark Member

What the F does MJ winning the 'ship last yr with Harden's "crew" last yr have to do with anything?

If you don't think MJ is the best ever that's your choice, HOWEVER there isn't anyone that would take Harden over MJ.

8. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I didn't think this was worthy of it's own thread, but I thought everyone should know that a guy with three titles and who many (myself included) consider the GOAT just did the exact same thing that Harden was called "mentally weak" for doing a few weeks ago:

http://www.nba.com/article/2018/01/...-calls-indiana-pacers-lance-stephenson-just#/

Blew a >20 pt lead and let a dirty defender get under his skin on the road.

... Not that I believe Harden is better than Lebron or MJ, but this seemed somewhat relevant to this thread.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

Didn't the Rockets get blown out by the Spurs in the playoffs without Leonard and Tony Parker?
    This pretty much sealed the fact that we needed another superstar guard so we went after Chris Paul

Shorthanded Spurs annihilate Rockets in Game 6
    Rockets eliminated from playoffs with rout at Toyota Center
    http://www.chron.com/sports/rockets...urs-annihilate-Rockets-in-Game-6-11139868.php

10. rockets13champs

Ehh r u a highlight watcher or game watcher

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I've watched every game this season and last season. When Harden doesn't have the ball in his hands on half court offensive set, he never moves his feet. It's why we have multiple possessions where one of his teammates will waste 20 seconds off the shot clock to try to dump the ball to Harden while Harden is doing some weird wrestling match with his defender instead of actually moving his feet and juking or running towards his teammate .

tinman likes this.
  12. mockster

mockster Member

At the end of the day, stats and advanced stats can defiantly help but you just can put a stat on the following

Crucial creative playmaking whether it’s scoring or passing, amazing moves, clutch shots, toughness, the little things like loose balls, effort and physicality and the ability to come through in the playoffs off double teams and etc

Someone like harden could go for 1-20 then hit a shot

So no I still think Michael Jordan is the better player until harden wins a few rings to back up god stats

13. deshen

deshen Member

This kind of Morey's claims won't fool anyone but yourself, and gives people something to have a good laugh about.

cheke64 likes this.
  14. tinman

Supporting Member

I’m loving what Harden is doing but MJ is on another level.
    Also bumping this thread so people have context to the other thread.

Houstunna likes this.
  15. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Jordan is the best sg ever

Hakeem is the best center ever.

Harden has a legit chance to be the 3rd best sg of alltime and the 2nd best rocket of alltime (he might already be that)

So yes harden is super special if your getting even even remotely compared to Jordan and Hakeem your on the right track.

Harden needs atleast 2 rings and an mvp and he’ll get there. His stats are already historic.

Houstunna likes this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

when i bump this thread in 6 years tinman and yaoming will look silly and they will be glad to eat crow, because harden is the goat

17. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Harden's biggest career blemishes are 1) defense 2) playoffs.

Olajuwon and MJ are both DPOYs and there isn't more than one playoff series in either career where they were out-played by any other player on the court, teammates included. LeBron's GOAT status is already nullified due to the latter. He deserves credit for defense despite no award.

18. solid

solid Contributing Member

Not even close. Comparisons like this are just silly. Nobody is better than Jordan.

19. crenshaw

crenshaw Member

No. Love the beard, appreciate his game. But MJ was a beast. the best that ever was and ever will be

20. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

I love the beard. But I don't care what the stats say, Harden isn't even on the same planet as MJ. Harden is a fluff stats guy for the regular season. Until he can take his team to a championship, several times, this isn't even a discussion.