1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The best strategy: If you have this, you have 70% chance to get LeBron in July 2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballscientist1, Jan 13, 2018.

1. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

What happens to Kevin Love?

2. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Joins the T-wolves

3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Unfortunately the team won’t be kept intact plus LeBron and minus “just” Ryan Anderson.

Tucker: makes just under $8 mil next year (guaranteed). Type LeBron would like backing him up.
    I’m sure he likes Jae Crowder backing him now if need be.

Luc MaM: will have to re-sign for a modest amount again. Is he willing? Again? CP3 & D Jordan know him well.

Eric Gordon: $13.5 mil next year (1 yr remaining after 18/19 season). Trade value growing further this year.
    Would Redick join Rockets on the cheap to play with CP3/LeBron...Harden? Jon Diebler is a Redick type
    and around age 29. Could he finally come over at a cheaper amount than Eric Gordon and Redick?
    It would make Gordon expendable......possibly. Deibler is a dead-eye shooter; but NBA unproven.

Capela: RFA. Rockets can match.....preferably after LeBron joins the team. DeAndre Jordan eyeing the Rockets. I don’t believe the Rockets can give LeBron his max money if Capela signs first.

Troy Williams: can play if not hurt. Or if not “wink-wink” hurt. Will know system well by next year. Has summer to
    work/hire player development coaches & personal strength trainers. Antetokounmpo beefed up over summer.
    Troy could add 10 pounds of muscle and it would go a long way. Non guaranteed contract next yr is available
    for trade to a team that wants to trim about $1.5 mil.

Zhou Qi: has the tools to improve. Tall.....shoots 3’s......gives you adequate defense (can improve with greater muscle).
    Non guaranteed contract next yr. When combined w/Troy Williams...a team can trim $2.8 mil. (If they want to do that). I guessing any team that trades for Qi.....keeps him.

Ariza: team player; probably willing to accept less in order to be a part of a good thing like Harden/CP3/LeBron. Re-sign.

Nene: set for next year

Isaiah Hartenstein: with his size, probably could play 4 or 5 next year. Yeah why not (mostly on 2nd or 3rd unit).
    Allows him to mature from boy to man. From age 20 to age 21 during next season. Trade bait for a team willing
    to spend time developing the young man. Team like the Suns who might lose Alex Len (UFA) and Tyson
    Chandler (buyout??).

I believe there is a good chance not only Ryan Anderson will be gone in the summer; but possibly Eric Gordon
    and Luc MaM might find new homes this summer. Chinanu as well. If D’Antoni doesn’t trust Troy Williams (gone).
    T Black will be gone depending on development by season’s end. He looks better to me than 2 weeks ago.
    Still room for improvement (such as defensive rotations/timing/blocks and lobs). Re-sign?? IDK??

Questions to me: how easy is it to replace Eric Gordon? At what price? Can we find production @ cheaper amount?
    Can that be Gerald Green? How much does Luc MaM want next season?

I want Gerald Green w/Rockets regardless of Eric Gordon/Luc MaM presence.

#23 ApacheWarrior, Jan 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  4. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

I prefer to look for other all star players who can get good staistics.such as Cousins, Anthony davis. Leborn is old after 3 years. We can beat golden states without leborn. He is old not twenty something. I prefer sign cp3 first and look for another all star player

5. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

In the last draft, 7 of the last 10 picks of the first round were involved in trade at one point or another.

#20 Harry Giles
    ———(pick not traded)
    #22 Jarrett Allen
    #23 Anunoby
    ———(pick not traded)
    #25 Pasecniks
    #26 Swanigan
    #27 Kuzma may be the top rookie out of the class.
    #28 Tony Bradley
    ———(pick not traded)
    #30 Josh Hart

I disagree with the ”nobody will take the Rockets future 1st picks for Ryan Anderson” That’s just me.

#25 ApacheWarrior, Jan 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    bilaal14 likes this.
  6. mario_v

mario_v Member

7. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Obviously it depends on Lebron but if he wants to come here, a lot then depends on Cleveland, do they say "nope, only sign into cap space" or "let's see if we can both benefit" like the Clippers did. I'm not sure how much they could get out of Morey in the latter, throw in Ryno, and Gordon, probably at least 2 firsts and 2 seconds, maybe Zhou too because we're talking you get Lebron, you get other stuff, you get your exceptions etc too, Gordon could be flipped for a first from a Boston or Milwaukee (or some team bouncing around there), eat Ryno for 2 years, trade off Love to a contender for more stuff.

Who knows what Cleveland decides to do though, one thing is for sure though, their fans are much closer to the 2017 Detroit Tigers mentality than their own 2010 fan mentality (and that does matter), being part of a trade seems to be a positive for everyone, the management "who got stuff", the player "who did his team a solid" and the other team "who is better on this side than the other", that's entirely on them though, but at least Morey now has a reputation legit deals in that situation.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

No doubt

If Cleveland makes some changes at the trade deadline and win it all. Team remains intact depending on
    contract terms of added players.

If Houston wins it all this year. Team would remain intact by re-signing most players if not all.

I can see a lineup next year:
    Starters:............2nd Unit
    (PG) CP3............Harden.......Bobby Brown (provides a few mins of transition between Harden/CP3...if necessary)
    (SG) Harden......D-Wade......Gerald Green (provides few mins of transition between LeBron/Ariza/Wade/Harden)
    (SF) LeBron........Ariza
    (PF) Melo............LeBron/ (insert vet name here....on the cheap)
    (C) Capela...........Nene/ (insert vet name here.....on the cheap)
    That’s 10 deep......with a few vets signing cheap to ride the coattails of the superstars to round out the roster

18/19 Rockets.
    LeBron $35 mil (will he accept less $ to have banana boat crew together??..no state tax...> $ than Harden I’m sure)
    Harden $30.4 mil (set)
    CP3 ?? (Will he accept less $ to play with LeBron/Melo.....D-Wade??)
    Melo?? (Will he accept lesser amount of $ to play with LeBron/CP3.....D-Wade?)
    D-Wade?? (Makes about $2.3 mil this year @ Cleveland)
    Nene $3.7 mil (set)
    Ariza ??
    Gerald Green??
    Bobby Brown ?

Capela signs last to bring the Rockets to the approx $123/$124 mil. Tax level or exceed it

Makes many of the current players expendable. Used to help move Ryan Anderson this summer

Would be an incredible 1st and 2nd unit if some players can take less $.

Yes a big if? I wouldn’t bet against it.....they claim to want to play together for years (LeBron/CP3/Melo/Wade)

#28 ApacheWarrior, Jan 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    bilaal14 likes this.
  9. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Yup

10. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Some baller ass number crunches goin dine in here

topfive likes this.
  11. topfive

topfive CF OG

It all comes down to this: What is LeBron's number one priority?

If it's winning more titles, the Rockets have a better shot than almost any team in the league because they already have elite talent and an A-list coach, but they also have some cap wiggle room. Not much, but with some creative moves by Maori, it could work.

Also: Don't overlook the idea that playing in an MDA system will keep LeBron's stats elevated as he enters his final NBA years. As much as he wants more titles, I'm sure he'd also love to ensure that he ends up among the GOATs in a few stats categories.

IOW, if he's looking to cement his legacy, we may just be his best shot.

Deuce likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Super friends vs Integrity

13. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Which would you choose?