1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I expect......

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Jan 2, 2018.

1. basketballholic

The real numbers are these:

Harden during that stretch:
    1035 possessions
    1203 points
    Actual Ortg 116.2

Paul in last 6 games
    411 possessions
    462 points
    Actual Ortg 112.4

The longer Harden stays out the closer Paul will come to equating his Ortg as the team continues to adjust to Paul and learns to cut sms move instead of standing around just spotted up.

JM

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

We absolutely need the cutting and movement. I don't even blame Harden for that. I blame coach. There is still way too much standing at the three point line. Paul is just better at working inside and then operating out of the mid range area (either passing out or shooting) Harden is more of a finish at the rim or kick out on the straightline drive.

They need to have some scripted action or designed cuts. You could probably help Anderson a great deal here if we were trying to script him some more shot attempts.

hakeem94, vlaurelio and ilovehtownbb like this.
  3. mockster

mockster Member

I think it’s obvious harden isn’t a true point guard but he’s a great shooting guard who has acquired the taste of running point and has pretty good vision which is a great thing to have.

Chris Paul seems to be a bit more sneaky/crafty and able to set people up better and is a true PG.

I think this is why it’s so easy for CP and Harden to gel because harden in true form is an SG but now has the ability to be a playmaker along side cp3

4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so you went from

I expect the offense with Chris Paul on-court while Harden is out to EXCEED the efficiency of the offense with Harden on-court and cp3 is out

to

I expect the offense with Chris Paul on-court while Harden is out to BE CLOSE ENOUGH TO EQUATE the efficiency of the offense with Harden on-court and cp3 is out

#264 vlaurelio, Jan 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  5. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I agree.

What’s crazy is harden still has elite vision and playmaking he’s just more erratic with some of his decisions.

That cross court over the top swomg pass to the corner for a three is a pass only harden and Lebron can make on a consistent basis.

The timing and strength to whip that pass on a dime is something the little small guys like cp3, curry and a few others can’t seem to to do on a consistent basis because there just not tall enough or strong enough to make that play even though there vision is there they see the opening.

Iv personally seen curry try that pass at least a dozen times over the past 2 years and it’s gotten picked off mid air atleast 8x maybe more.

To me that’s the most impressive pass harden and Lebron make.

mockster likes this.
  6. vlaurelio

MDA system is basically trust and depend on an elite playmaker like Nash, Harden, or Cp3. In this case he has 2 elite playmakers which makes him very dependent, complacent, and lazy.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

basketballholic and Mr. Clutch like this.
  8. vlaurelio

?????

I think it's a pretty big leap from inefficient playmaker/scorer Harden is holding this offense down

to Cp3 can also single handedly carry this offense as good as elite playmaker/scorer Harden

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yeah you did a great job... it was meant as a compliment...perhaps i need a better pic

vlaurelio likes this.
  10. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

Remember mate, we will also be “nervous” about Harden returning because of how well it will go ;)

vlaurelio likes this.
  11. basketballholic

Harden is an extremely efficient scorer and a mediocre efficient distributor. His turnovers water down the offensive efficiency and put a increased stress on the defense.

Sorry Charlie. That's just the way it is. He's a great player. A top 5 player. But.......he has to play alongside a great distributor for us to win a championship. It's only been 6 games. Give Paul a couple more games and he very well could exceed Hardens offensive efficiency. Paul may have the best basketball iq of any player in the game. He's highly skilled. And he's miles ahead of most players mentally. I don't think there's a higher iq player in the league.....with all consideration to LeBron and Harden, who have great iq themselves. Paul, imo, has even more iq than them. He's phenomenal.

12. vlaurelio

Wow genius harden or any 1 superstar cant win a chip by himself.

Quick tell morey

RiceRockets likes this.
  13. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

Ahh what a great American, saying just about anything with confidence of steel! Embarrassment doesn’t ever get a check in the equation!

It’s beautiful.