1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WSJ Interview: A Very Stable Genius In His Own Words

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Jan 12, 2018.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

https://slate.com/news-and-politics...eet-journal-about-his-ideas-for-the-wall.html

I saw on television, Donald Trump is going to make the wall smaller; no, the wall’s identical. The other thing about the wall is we’ve spent a great deal of time with the Border Patrol and with the ICE agents and they know this stuff better than anybody, they’re unbelievable… I had meetings with them, they need see-through. So, we need a form of fence or window. I said why you need that – makes so much sense? They said because we have to see who’s on the other side.

If you have a wall this thick and it’s solid concrete from ground to 32 feet high which is a high wall, much higher than people planned. You go 32 feet up and you don’t know who’s over here. You’re here, you’ve got the wall and there’s some other people here.

WSJ: Yes.

TRUMP: If you don’t know who’s there, you’ve got a problem.

SJ: So when you say you have to have people, clearly there’s the 800,000 ‘Dreamers,’ but there’s also the larger group of people who are currently in the country…

TRUMP: That’s a different discussion.

WSJ: So, you said on Tuesday…

TRUMP: That’s comprehensive – well, if we could do that, that’s fine. I don’t know that that’s going to be possible.

There’s a lot of – there’s a lot of – there’s a big difference – first of all, there’s a big difference between DACA and Dreamers, OK?

Dreamers are different. And I want American kids to be Dreamers also, by the way. I want American kids to be Dreamers also.

But there’s a big difference between DACA and Dreamers. And a lot of times when I was with certain Democrats they kept using the word dreamer. I said, “Please, use the word DACA.” You know it’s a totally different word.

WSJ: Sure.

TRUMP: OK, people think they’re interchangeable, but they’re not

TRUMP: They dislike me, the liberal media dislikes me. I mean I watch people – I was always the best at what I did, I was the – I was, you know, I went to the – I went to the Wharton School of Finance, did well. I went out, I – I started in Brooklyn, in a Brooklyn office with my father, I became one of the most successful real estate developers, one of the most successful business people. I created maybe the greatest brand. I then go into, in addition to that, part time, like five percent a week, I open up a television show. As you know, the Apprentice on many evenings was the number one show on all of television, a tremendous success. It went on for 12 years, a tremendous success. They wanted to sign me for another three years and I said, no, I can’t do that.

TRUMP: Just – and so – so I was successful, successful, successful. I was always the best athlete, people don’t know that. But I was successful at everything I ever did and then I run for president, first time – first time, not three times, not six times. I ran for President first time and lo and behold, I win. And then people say oh, is he a smart person? I’m smarter than all of them put together, but they can’t admit it. They had a bad year.

TRUMP: Don’t forget, I had vanquished 17 governors, senators plus a couple of very smart people, like Ben and Carly and others. I had vanquished them easily – easily. I won every debate based on the polls. You know, they do polls – seven or eight polls. Time Magazine – Time Magazine’s not a fan of mine.

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Genius, moron... they're totally different words.

durvasa likes this.
  4. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Very Stable Genius shirts and hoodies are now available on Amazon.

Roc Paint likes this.
  5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

6. conquistador#11

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

8. Buck Turgidson

Those first 2 paragraphs are golden.

...and it doesn't let up from there. Wow.

B-Bob likes this.
  9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How does a senile man get elected President? Our country is truly in decline

10. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

11. B-Bob

"WSJ: Yes."

Pure gold, Jerry!

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

13. Buck Turgidson

WSJ: You think North Korea is trying to drive a wedge between the two countries, between you and President Moon?

Mr. Trump: I’ll let you know in—within the next 12 months, OK, Mike?

WSJ: Sure.

Mr. Trump: I will let you know. But if I were them I would try. But the difference is I’m president; other people aren’t. And I know more about wedges than any human being that’s ever lived, but I’ll let you know.

B-Bob likes this.
  14. B-Bob

He confused wedges and wedgies again. It happens at his age.

15. Buck Turgidson

He may not be wrong...

[​IMG]

16. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Very, stable genius.

What a dotard.

[​IMG]

No Worries and R0ckets03 like this.
  17. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Textbook Narcissistic personality disorder

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Trump is gonna defend himself on the extreme.

Someone questions his mental capacity he is gonna say he is a genius.

Im not defending him not criticizing the OP.

Just saying he isn't changing. He is old and combative.

Everyone needs to get past this stupid dumb 24 hour news cycle **** and accept he he is President.

None of y'all feel ashamed the Russian dumb **** is pretty much over, you just going.

Roc Paint likes this.
  19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Mueller ended the investigation?

That has to be breaking news.

How can the greatest athlete who is a stable genius be so insecure of himself? He also is the greatest wedge maker. Also the greatest CPA .

20. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

How this wasn't his "Greg Stillson" moment continues to boggle my mind.