1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Is Mirotic Worth a First Round Draft Pick? Would you trade Ariza/Black/FRP for him?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballscientist1, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Rockets4Life13

Since i really don’t know anything about rolo as I’ve already said, I’ll trust your opinion on him. However, i don’t think clint‘s struggles against the warriors are overstated. In games against the warriors he always looks lost imo. That’s just from the eye test, i don’t have any stats to back it up. Im no much of a stats guy anyways.

2. Rockets4Life13

Again, I’m willing to take the risk on mirotic if it takes anderson and a 2nd. Not willing to give up anything else. Neither trevor nor anyone else.

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

There's no way in hell the Bulls would swap Mirotic for Anderson and a 2nd, not even for Anderson and a 1st rounder. Teams asked for two 1st rounders just few months ago, and Ryan has not exactly rised his value lately. If you consider that the Bulls might be asking for a 1st to trade Mirotic that means we would've to trade at least two 1st rounders and some fillers like Troy/Zhou/2nd rounder/s to complete the deal...i mean, that's way too much and doesn't make sense for us.

Like others said Mirotic is really nothing special, at least he hasn't been so far, he got outplayed badly by Gibson and Porter last season in a competitive enviroment (or sort of), this season he put up good numbers but it's easier to do in a tanking enviroment cause other teams don't play any defense against trash tier teams. Ryan put up the same numbers in a 34-48 team a couple of years ago.

Rockets4Life13, seeingred and malakas like this.
  4. seeingred

seeingred Member

Yep - no point in mentioning Mirotic and Anderson together in a trade scenario. Mirotic is positive value because of his contract, Anderson is clearly negative value. Honestly, I can't see why a young rebuilding team like the Bulls would want anyone on our roster. It'd have to be a three way deal with Ariza or Mbah Moute going to a playoff team and a pick going to Chicago. And then we'd have both Mirotic and Anderson on our team + we'd be down one of our defenders and a pick.

Just not workable.

5. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

#45 ApacheWarrior, Jan 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  6. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

Lol what? He's averaging 18 shots per 36 mins this season. Try again.

7. Nook

Nook Member

You haven’t watched him play often then. He has struggled with taking open shots, he has struggled against really athletic players.

He has shot the ball well this year so far, but he has historically had hot streaks. He is a poor defender, especially on the perimeter.

He is also one of the most universally disliked players in the league by his teammates. He is selfish, he blames others for his failures and he is far more concerned with getting a long term deal than winning basketball games.

If you need any further proof of him being a cancer, consider that his teammates sided with Bobby Portis after Mirotic was cracked in the face.

malakas likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Would trade 1st, Euro rights and Ariza, but not for Mirotic, for Aaron Gordon.

But would rather trade Ryno and a first, that kills two birds with one stone.

Sign Deandre Liggins and trade Black, Qi and couple 2nds for Nerlens Noel while at it.

Harden/Liggins
    Paul/EGo
    Ariza/Green
    AGordon/Mbah a Moute
    Capela/Noel/Nene

10 man rotation

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Exactly this. If they have designs on Lebron or other top line talent, they need to keep their draft assets as currency to make the cap moves.

D-rock likes this.
  10. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Implying D’Antoni would play more than 8.

11. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Check the sig. He's on the radar. That's as blatant as you'll get from me. I prefer to call him Neurotic based on his fight club scene with Mr. Portis.

You don't give up Ariza for him. Cp3 will shi&t bricks. So will James.

You'd be giving up a pick of sorts and one piece of pain, if it came to fruition

12. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Goodbye PJ Tucker and a 1st

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  14. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Or Ryan Anderson + 2nd for Neurotic plus filler?

15. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'm hoping that piece of pain is Ryno.... that would be a MAJOR pain taken off our hands.

[​IMG]

tmacfor35 likes this.
  16. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Ariza is about as untouchable on this team as James harden is.

The moment he comes up via sources, I will know that man has "no" sources.

It has zero to do with basketball ability and all to do with recruitment/glue.

Codman, ApacheWarrior and Deuce like this.
  17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

At the NBA Trade deadline I could see the Rockets move any combination of these players: Troy Williams, Nanu, Qi, or Black. Or a future 2nd round pick. Just bench insurance moves.

I don't see any moves in their current rotation at the deadline.

ApacheWarrior and Nook like this.
  18. NateNate

NateNate Member

Has anyone tried to decode Codman’s signature?? I’d like to read the guesses...

19. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Agreed. I’ve said this for years.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

He's played 9, so if he had 10 he could trust then I think it happens. But I don't expect Liggins to get a lot of burn anyway unless injury, foul trouble, match up or blowouts. And Nene is a part timer.