1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The W(why)TF did Trump do this? thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Dec 8, 2017.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

2. NewRoxFan

3. NewRoxFan

4. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

And then 20 minutes later, the very next post, I present you...

I like how he tried to be slick and said PC so it wouldn't be exactly like how I said it (political correctness).

Hahaha I called that ****...hole

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I did naht!

B-Bob likes this.
  6. NewRoxFan

Hopefully their cowardice and ethical lapses will be remembered...

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

1) It appears he actually called African nations "shithole countries" and not wanting immigrants from there
    2) On the "get them out" statement, I'll agree that he didn't mean get them out of the country. The context I've read makes it sound like he was saying "get them out of the deal" as in don't give Haiti the continued protection under the deal.

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

What's sad is that there is no need whatsoever for them to do this, politically or for their careers, aside from pandering to their perceived alpha/dictator. Humans are so damned prone to this kind of behavior. Sick.

9. NewRoxFan

10. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

@JuanValdez so you think a place like this is not a shithole?

this is a few hours from us and i grew up in places like this but you want me and others to come to the rescue of haiti or africa's feelings like everyone is doing now. c'mon don't fall for the bullshit. think.

all the outrage is because of trump not because people care which is fine but just be honest about it. don't act like you care while we have shitholes like this in our own backyard.

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

You don't have a world leader say **** like that.

The president is not supposed to be some village idiot you might a beer with once in a while to relieve boredom.

Get some better standards. People are paying attention.

12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

i already said it was stupid and wrong for him to say it so what's your point?

my point is to call out all the people who all of a sudden care about haiti and africa and their feelings. it's fake ass bullshit.

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't doubt your experience or the conditions in the rio grande valley. I have perhaps seen more than you give me credit for. I just have a different outlook on it.

Aside from that, I wrote (at considerable length, so maybe you got bored and stopped reading) about how this is not about feelings but about alt-right policies of cultural purification. If you want to criticize my perspective, call that take bullshit and save the feelings criticism for other participants in the thread.

I would have respected them more if they told a boldfaced lie than to make a carefully worded statement to give them plausible deniability if what they "forgot" turned out to be the case.

Invisible Fan and B-Bob like this.
  14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Did these people defend some other public figure openly calling their countries shitholes and I'm not aware of it?

Look, if you agree it's stupid and wrong, that's the end of the discussion. Don't manufacture disagreement just for the sake of being contrarian. It's stupid and wrong, and the president of the US should be called out on it when he does stupid and wrong things. It's not our fault that he just happens to do it on a daily basis.

15. NewRoxFan

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Ok, if you grew up in a shithole you can use the term -- kind of like ***** for the poor, but all races can use it.

Btw, Trump did not grow up in a shithole nor is he a *****.

krnxsnoopy and ipaman like this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

"Line!"

18. Buck Turgidson

...and the self-immolation of @ipaman continues unabated

ipaman likes this.
  19. NewRoxFan