1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ROOT Sports] Vue, Sling, Directv Now

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MystikArkitect, Dec 11, 2016.

1. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

That would be ideal but don't think the powers that be are going to let that happen. League/teams want their cable revenue money and of course so do the cable providers. And it's ATT Sportsnet now -- ATT owns DirecTV -- they aren't going to cut off their nose to spite their face.

2. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Have Sling TV + NBA League Pass. Going to try to get fiber internet upgrade here, just got settled into a new place.

SIL

3. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Have any of you OTA antenna users noticed that CBS seems to have disappeared? I'm near friendswood, I noticed this a few weeks ago that I could never get a signal anymore. Today I happened to look up the DTV reception page on the FCC website and most everything comes from a transmitter in Pearland but the CBS signal no longer does. It's now 'out of range', like somewhere near College Station. I wonder what happened, never really considered suddenly 'losing' an OTA channel.

You can see what I mean here:

[​IMG]

ramotadab likes this.
  4. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Actually, if you Google “AT&T SportsNet App” it shows results for a password protected page. A couple of months back that page was unprotected and had partial and incomplete info about thier soon coming streaming service.

For whatever reason they’re just dragging their feet with getting released. If anything, I’d keep an eye out for when DIrecTV Now 2.0 is released sometime this quarter. Would make sense for AT&T SportsNet to make its streaming debut then. I’d also imagine that the channel should appear on PlayStation Vue and others around that time as well.

EDIT: Actually, it looks like the app is avalable now. So we may get some movement here soon.

5. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

As it states currently:

http://dehayf5mhw1h7.cloudfront.net...9/12142743/ATT-SportsNet-App-FAQ-Final-v2.pdf

ramotadab likes this.
  6. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

7. TMac'n

Totally agree, hopefully soon

8. TMac'n

9. BleedsRocketRed

I cut the cord in 2011 mostly because I just didn't watch much TV, if any.

For Rockets/Astros/Texans/Patriots (Im a Pats fan yeah yeah) games I just go to one of these sites:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/nbastreams/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/mlbstreams/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/nflstreams/

...etc.

I can ALWAYS find a HD stream that works, and having the Astros, Rockets, Texans home feed. No VPN needed, but always have a Adblock add on (adblock plus, uBlock Origin...etc) to your chrome/firefox/safari...etc browser. It just keeps the annoying ads away if they even have any. I have a looong HDMI cable (like 30ft, got it on Amazon for like $15) and hook it up to my TV from either my Laptop or PC then full screen it and its about 90% of the quality I need.

Before that, I used to buy the 1-team package from NBA league pass for like $100 a season or something, but since the Rockets are on national TV a lot those games games are blacked out with the League Pass option. Lame.

I never, ever miss a Rockets game and it is SO EASY to find a reliable HD stream using the links provided above. Never Fails

ramotadab and duwende like this.
  10. TMac'n

App is up and running. Just waiting on Sling/DirecTv Now/PlayStation Vue/etc

EDIT: What a f**king joke! The app doesn't even have Xfinity/Comcast as a acceptable provider to use it. SMH

#30 TMac'n, Feb 22, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  11. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Member

I am using a OTA antenna and have no issues picking up CBS 11. I'm in Pearland and can pick up 11.1, 11.2, 11.3 and 11.4. Their CBS studio was damaged during the hurricane and they are currently working out of the PBS studio at UH. Maybe they had to change their transmitter because of this temporary move.

12. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

was streaming the spring training game without problem when all of a sudden it gets blacked out. smh

13. s.b713

s.b713 Member

Ive been using hehestreams since last season. Good quality streams, reasonable price. Hopefully they last a while lol. When at home i would just cast from android device to my chromecast works just fine