1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Bill O'Brien

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DonnyMost, Sep 23, 2016.

?

Should we fire Bill O'Brien?

1. Yes

76.0%
  2. No

15.9%
  3. Abstain (for the moment)

8.2%
  1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Right? This is one of the biggest cases of failing upward in recent memory.

Oh please god let this happen.

2. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

I think you and me would become great coaches with the Pats (As long as Tom Brady is QB) he will make any of this coaches look like geniuses. I would really like to see Bellchick without Brady. See what he does.

3. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Download The Bench podcast from yesterday (1/11) for some good, non-reactionary/hysterical/ignorant O’Brien talk like you won’t find here.

texian likes this.
  4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Team has put full control in O'brien's hands.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

It really does start with me Brian. Gotta do a better job Brian. Not good enough Brian. New era of Texans football Brian; Patrick Starr said so Brian.

:D

vinsensual and justtxyank like this.
  6. tmacfor35

Can't win if there ain't no talent on the field.

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Then he should do a better job of building the roster. It was his idea to get rid of Kubiaks players and bring new England retreads for his system

8. tmacfor35

I believe the roster came down to Rick. The guy who got the softest demotion you will ever see.

We are about to find if the McNair/Smith relationship was holding back the Texans.

#2388 tmacfor35, Jan 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Seriously, that would be great for 2 reasons.

1. We could go out and get a legitimately good head coach instead of having to deal with BOB.
    2. It would make the Pats fade back into irrelevance.

Win/win.

10. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

That's the same way i feel.. I mean if they are bringing back Gain (A guy that Rick Smith ran out) more and likely for not agreeing on the same things (It makes me feel like they really regret the decision to keep rick last year

11. tmacfor35

I was listening to 790 yesterday. I forgot who they had on, but they were discussing the Brian Gaine situation.

Mentioned that him and Bill were super tight in the front office and there were vibes in the organization that those two were attempting to run Smith out of the building.

Crazy dynamics going on behind the scenes.

12. texian

texian Member

More BS probably from Braddock who has been creating anti-O'Brien narratives since day one. He has been doing everything he can to undermine O'Brien/his teams since he arrived. It's personal with him. 790 becoming a joke.

Rick Smith hired Brian Gaine in 2014.

Rick Smith promoted Brian Gaine in 2015.

Nobody ran Smith out of the building... Rick is returning.

As Wade Smith said of Gaine's hiring: "You're just getting more of the same."

13. tmacfor35

790 has been attacking Bill and the Texans repeatedly.

I wonder if it has anything to do with 610 having the largest piece of the pie currently?

Thought it was interesting none the less.

Seemed like a likely scenario considering Gaine was high regarded and left for reasons unknown at the time.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

This seems obvious. OBrien doesn't like Rick and he wanted to hire Gaine. This has been reported several times

15. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Folks here have appear to have forgotten that the BoB - R Smith relationship was on full display for all to see during their stint on Hard Knocks. At no time did you see Rick Smith "dictating" the composition of the roster to BoB. Rick did not go out and get any players without the consent of the owner and coaching staff. People around here have gotten the impression that just because Smith held the title of "General Manager" he acted in the same capacity as say a Ron Wolf or a John Elway so he must bear the blame for the mediocre mess that is the Houston Texans. In reality the blame belongs to everyone running this organization. Jerome Solomon predicted that the Texans would get this wrong and he was 100% correct. I saw this coming as well and it's all because this is a stupid football organization and nothing is going to change until those dimwits at the top get a ****ing clue. As for myself, I'm not holding my breath that this is going to end well. Based on what I've seen from Houston professional football over 5 decades, that's just not in the cards.

16. texian

texian Member

Agree, I think they must have a policy now to take what they think is the opposite side of what they think 610 guys are saying. Sean Jones used to rag on Rick Smith something awful before. Now they take potshots at other (station's) radio guys. Bunch of sports gossips.

I listen to Lance. Skip forward through a lot of it some days, but he knows more and more NFL people than the rest of them combined. His Dad just retired after something like 17 years as NFL coach, new Colts GM Chris Ballard is a close friend of his. He's not infallible by any means, but he's the best we got locally by a wide margin imo.

Except maybe for Wade Smith, ex-Texan -- doesn't have a show, but that dude is sharp. Most ex-football guys can't break properly down offense/OL, but Smitty can. Love listening to him.

17. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Maybe we can trade Bob + 2nd for Bill?

18. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5 year extension...done
    Great day for Texans franchise.
    Yeah I said it. Bring me those tears BTG

19. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

RemindMe! Six Months.

20. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

AT least for one solitary season we'll get as clear a glimpse of what he can do as a coach, without worrying about clashes with Rick or lame duck contract talk. I had thought this was gonna happen with the Brock signing and we'd get a true evaluation of his coaching ability. Instead we got none of that, and the rest of the league laughing at us for a whole season before they, too, found out about Brock.