1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2017-18

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 25, 2017.

1. colts_1994

colts_1994 Member

Throw Capela into that deal and the Cavs might, MIGHT, think about it

2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Good breakdown of the situation and I’ve posted on this exact same scenario multiple times.

It’s definitly feasible under the cba and if we are to get lebron this is our only realistic avenue of possibility.

A couple things.

You don’t need to include onuaku unless they want him. And for lebron you would gladly add Zhou, hartenstein, whoever if they asked.

Anderson would still most likely be shipped to a 3rd team. And thus one of the 1st rd picks likely goes to that team. Cleveland would probably prefer our 2021 1st with limited protection so the 2019 1st would go to 3rd team which will likely be the very end of the 1st round.

So example.

Houston gets LeBron

Brooklyn gets Anderson, HOU 2019 1st

Cleveland gets Gordon, Carroll, HOU 2021 1st

For Cleveland they get a solid scorer and a decent 3&D wing. Both of who will carry value in order to flip for future assets since Carroll will be expiring. They also get a lightly protected future 1st when “maybe” the rockets are starting to age.

For Brooklyn they swap a lesser bad contract for a worse one in order to gain a 1st. They need as many picks as possible and they have a need for a PF. They play very similar to us using space and lots of 3s so it’s a nice fit.

For Houston it’s obvious.

3. Why not?

Why not? Member

Bye-Bye Ryyyyyy! (I can't take no more, baby bye bye Ry!)

Okay, I'm sorry. But I'm over it with Ryan Anderson. I know he tries... and this year he's trying so hard, it's just not been good enough. He's too much of a liability (even when he's hustling) on defense and in the rebounding game when he's not hitting from 3. He's also the reason we can't bring in a true 3rd star. So I daydreamed up a trade that could perhaps fix this.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ybhl8vxf

We get:
    -Avery Bradley
    -Joe Johnson
    -Anthony Tolliver

Jazz get:
    -Ryan Anderson
    -Houston's 2021 1st Round Pick (Top 10 protected)

Pistons get:
    -Derrick Favors
    -Chinanu Onuaku
    -Houston's 2020 2nd Round Pick (Unprotected)

Why we do it: It is our time. Right now. I know we're banged up, but this group of guys is special. The system, the chemistry, the ability to flip a switch and go on 13- , 16- , 17- , 20-point runs in the span of a few minutes... Yeah, we're pretty good. We can almost match up with anybody... but there's one problem, Ryan Anderson. I believe Morey when he says he doesn't need to make any moves, but we could be so much better with a more versatile player occupying his minutes (not to mention a better shooter!). The other side of the poo-poo coin for Ryno is that his contract really restricts us. If we want to even give Lebron a sniff, we gotta fix that. Other than that, this trade gives us CRAZY depth for the right now and much flexibility in the off-season. I'm not sure if any of these guys would be back after this year, but maybe--especially if (when?) we push it far into the playoffs. PS: Lowkey Tolliver has been my favorite non-Rox player to watch this year. Have y'all seen that guy play? All heart and smarts. He's the reason Tobias Harris usually is on the bench in crunch time. They've been putting him on the opposing team's best wing down the stretch and it's been pretty impressive, plus he shoots 3s.

Why Utah does it: At this point, Favors has one leg out the door so it makes sense for them to try to get something for him. A future first when our aging vets might be on their last legs could be pretty valuable. Joe Johnson has clearly lost about 5 steps and is better as a small-ball 4 in limited minutes (something Ryno is out-performing him at). Also, Utah isn't a place free agents usually desire so maybe Quinn Snyder would prefer to see if he can make the most out of Ryno's spacing rather than have nothing. Utah does a good job of looking to the future in this move while maintaining semi-competent players to stay competitive. Wink wink. But seriously, if this were to happen he would go back to averaging 18 and shooting 40+% from 3, right?

Why Detroit does it: Avery Bradley hasn't really fit with this Pistons squad. They actually have a better plus/minus score when he is on the bench. He plays a lot of minutes but something doesn't smell right, he's only under contract for the rest of this season anyway. Detroit started out as one of the surprise front-runners early this year, but have since floundered. Favors is playing his buns off, and we know Van Gundy loves him some bigs. While Tolliver has his moments, Favors is surely an upgrade. This move also opens up the roster to see if there's anything to salvage out of Stanley Johnson the rest of this lost season. Hey, and here's a 2nd!

Git 'er done Maury!!!

fattz and da_juice like this.
  4. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Mirotic and Cameron Payne for Anderson and 2 2nd rounders

Mirotic gives us essentially what everyone wants Anderson to be and Payne COULD become a decent backup

bilaal14 likes this.
  5. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Joe young from the pacers could be a nice get as backup PG to replace webber if he doesn't pan out

jb86 likes this.
  6. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Can we sign back lou williams next year?

vjohnson likes this.
  7. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...ulls-nikola-mirotic-trade-20180108-story.html

Bulls hang up laughing. No one is going to take back Anderson's disastrous contract unless there is valuable assets included.

#407 Spoolxx, Jan 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    MrSabotage and PersianRocket like this.
  8. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Possibly, if he wants to win a ring and sign the MLE..... but if reddick wants that money?!?... i think i still go with Lou, but im sure there are many arguments as to why Reddick will be better for us.

Second answer hell no, if he keeps up this style of play for the whole year, he is going to be worth WAYYYYYY more than the MLE.

9. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Wouldn't mind giving up a second rounder for Vince Carter. His experience and occasional three would be great on this team

#409 kingkingston, Jan 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    BigggReddd and DM'sVP like this.
  10. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

will cost a lot of money, he will get a good paycheck in the off season

11. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I would try Ryno, Onuaku, 1 first and 1 second for Randolph and Carter.

12. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

Yeah he beat the warriors himself

elmotsangtt likes this.
  13. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

We dont need leborn, if we have lou williams. He can score 50 points for our bench. Suits for MDA 8 man rotation. The most difference is that we have cp3 comparing with 2015. I think the story is different.
    Our bench will havr EG, Lou, Green, nene, tucker and prince. Starter and bench can destroy other team easily. I think the boss can afford the salary tax for champion. Getting leborn takes more risks and lose a lot of strong players.

#413 elmotsangtt, Jan 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

15. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

16. da_juice

da_juice Member

If LeBron leaves do you think we'd be able to snag Kevin Love without giving up Capela? He's essentially Ryan Anderson but with better rebounding and I think he's being underutilized/misused in Cleveland (just as I thought he was overutilized/misued in Minny). Him playing with Harden and Paul would be a deadly pick and pop. And a small ball lineup of Him, Luc Green Gordon and one of our all star guards would be fun to watch

17. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

Also if the many trades posted, this is one of the few trades that could actually happen. Anderson's contract us not as bad when you are replacing 2 over the hill players that do not have many games left in the league. You could argue Houston would be losing and winning this deal.

DM'sVP likes this.
  18. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

His offense continues to be a work in progress but we could pick stanley Johnson up for peanuts, absolutely beastly defensively. Great athlete and gets out in transition

D-rock likes this.
  19. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Onuaku, Troy Williams and a future 2nd rounder for Mo Speights.

Speights is a serviceable back up PF who can hit the 3 ball and rebound.