1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers release Andrew Bogut. Get it done Murray?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Jan 6, 2018.

1. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Tyson Chandler or bust

Torn n Frayed and Kendrick Lamar like this.
  2. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Because he said political correctness is stupid and made fun of SJWs, which is translated as "racist xenophobic bigot" by certain groups

We have an issue right now, where there's still demand for outrage, but the supply of bigotry just isn't there, people just aren't saying disparaging stuff about other races at the rate it used to be, so they're trying to construe anything they can as racist. The demand needs it supply and they're not going to abandon they're extremist witch hunting because it makes them feel good

#82 Aleron, Jan 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    slothy420 and BigggReddd like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

We really don't. The 5 is used differently, more involved in early offense (rim running and rolling to basket) because Rockets are much more reliant on PnR. Warriors use way more off ball screening.

Tfor3 likes this.
  4. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

AXG likes this.
  5. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

We have enough injury prone bigs....pass

6. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Good for 6 hard fouls these days. I remember the yao days when he would have trouble against this guy, when he came in. I must be getting. Nothing but pure hot trash now.. pass...

7. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Not sure if you’ve been following current events...

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I think that this team can find someone better than Bogut after the trade deadline when guys get waived. Maybe someone like Brook Lopez (can hit 3s, so useful to Dan Tony?).

9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I was thinking something similar --- but would prefer that he slam D.Green on his head and if he gets up do it again .... I really hate that guy , one of the dirtiest players I can ever recall watching .... and I've been watching the NBA for almost 50 years. What's worse is that he gets away with it more often than not ....

D-rock and napalm06 like this.
  10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

It was hard to watch him and Green get away with so many fouls on the same team. I'd love to see them go against each other. But I think the guy in the golden jersey is always going to get the better ref treatment.

slothy420, DonKnock and Pen15clubber like this.
  11. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Yea they lost the election to the Russians.

Hopefully Mueller fixes that mistake.

dc rock likes this.
  12. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

[​IMG]

#WINNING #MAGA

I'm here to talk basketball. I asked why Bogut was considered racist. If you seriously want to go down that road then PM me.

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Bogut is certainly not a perfect player and he would be a better fit if we did more off ball screening for sure, but that doesn't mean he can't help.

He also frees up Tarik Black's salary for trade.

Vivi likes this.
  14. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Sloppy Andrew cried when he got fired by the Warriors and begged for his job. Now Sloppy Andrew has been dumped like a dog by almost everyone. So sad!

BigShasta likes this.
  15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So does ZaZa . . . needs someone to put that sh!thead on his @ss
    Rockets need a GOOON . . . . . . Boguts is a GOON!!

Rocket River

Pen15clubber likes this.
  16. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

What's a gooon to a goblin

[​IMG]

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He gooned his team to victory tonite

Rocket River

18. lalala902102001

That's because he's got a foot on Black who was guarding him.

We need a real center. I would take Bogut even though he's just about done.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Houston Rockets

Waived guard Bobby Brown. Waived guard Demetrius Jackson from his two-way contract; reportedly plan to sign him to a 10-day contract.

The Rockets have been as busy as any team churning the back end of their roster to maintain flexibility. Despite injuries to point guards James Harden and Chris Paul, Brown played just 115 minutes this season. He has stuck the past season-plus in Houston largely because of his role in the locker room. (Being good friends with both Harden and Paul doesn't hurt.)

Shams Charania of The Vertical reported that the Rockets intend to bring Brown back for the playoffs. In the meantime, Brown could head to China for the remainder of the CBA season, which concludes before the end of the NBA regular season. Between now and then, clearing the roster spot allows Houston both the flexibility to add a player in a lopsided trade without having to waive anyone and the chance to do Jackson a solid after waiving him from his two-way contract.

According to Rockets beat writer Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle, the team plans to have Jackson play for their G League affiliate (the Rio Grande Valley Vipers) in next week's G League Showcase, giving him a chance to audition for other teams. Houston will then have the ability to add another two-way player before the Jan. 15 deadline to do so.

Los Angeles Lakers

Waived center Andrew Bogut.

Though Bogut started five games recently when Brook Lopez was sidelined with a sprained ankle, he'd seen just 216 minutes of action this season. Julius Randle becoming essentially a full-time center -- he has played more than 80 percent of his minutes this season without any of the team's traditional 5s on the court, per NBA.com/Stats -- meant there was little need for Bogut on the court, leaving leadership as his primary contribution. The Lakers apparently value the flexibility of having an open roster spot more than that.

As ESPN's Ohm Youngmisuk reported, waiving Bogut now gives him the chance to join a playoff contender. Consider me skeptical that will actually take place. After all, Bogut had that same opportunity last summer but was unsigned until the Lakers invited him to training camp with a minimal guarantee on his salary.

Yes, Bogut has now proven his return to health from the fractured tibia that ended his stint with the Cleveland Cavaliers as a late-season pickup last season after just one game. However, few contenders are in need of help in the middle. The Boston Celtics, who have been linked to Bogut in the past, have gotten strong defense from Aron Baynes and discovered that Daniel Theis can hold his own in the middle. The Cavaliers, meanwhile, have basically moved on from traditional centers like Bogut entirely, starting Kevin Love in the middle.

The most logical Bogut destination I see is the Oklahoma City Thunder, who have used forwards Jerami Grant and Patrick Patterson as backups to Steven Adams since sending Enes Kanter to the New York Knicks as part of the Carmelo Anthony trade. Still, the Thunder have done just fine defensively with Adams on the bench, making up with more turnovers what they sacrifice in defensive rebounding playing Grant and Patterson at center. Add in the fact that signing Bogut (or anyone else) would cost Oklahoma City 3.25 times his salary in luxury taxes and I'd bet against that outcome, too.

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...-clippers-more-nba-news-injuries-kevin-pelton

Vivi likes this.
  20. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

agree, this guy sets hard screens, is dirty, and we need someone like this on our team, also he played for GS previously and was dumped by them, he can get his revenge here, not saying bogut will be the x factor, but if can dish out some hard mean dirty screens to Steph and durant, i'd be all for it, even if he gets ejected, it's nothing