1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers release Andrew Bogut. Get it done Murray?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Jan 6, 2018.

1. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Not better than Tyson Chandler. Be patient.

BigggReddd and skroodup25 like this.
  2. Raz

Raz Member

No, thanks. Injury prone, washed up, racist, way too slow to be a factor on our offense and obviously not the defender he used to be.

Plus, he picked the Mavericks over the Rockets, which is reason enough for a lifelong ban from the city of Houston.

Patience likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Tyson Chandler is a pipe dream. No assurances he's getting bought out(still another year on his deal; they might be able to trade him) & no assurances he's going to sign with Houston over the other contenders (Boston, OKC, San Antonio, Cleveland, Golden State, Toronto)

...The veteran big man confirmed ESPN.com’s summer report that the Golden State Warriors gave him the option to choose between the two Texas teams when they needed to trade him to create the salary-cap space necessary to sign Kevin Durant.

Bogut believed the Mavs were the better fit for him, saying he wanted to go to a team where he might be able to stay long term as he entered his contract year.

“I’m not saying Houston has a bad culture by any means, but my agent has a familiarity here,” said Bogut, whose agent, David Bauman, represented Peja Stojakovic, among others. “I’ve known a lot of players that have been pretty happy here when they were here. Richard Jefferson was one of them. And then the city -- I like the city, so it all made sense.

“Rick Carlisle is also one of the best coaches in the league. He knows how to get the best out of his players. He’s very, very smart and makes great adjustments. He’s a guy you want to play for. Obviously, [Mike] D’Antoni is a pretty good coach, too, but probably not suited for my style of play. I would have probably had to drop about 20 pounds to play in his system. They play a tough system, get up and down the court.”

Bogut said on media day that he might have forced a buyout if the Warriors had traded him to a team he did not approve. He clarified Friday that he was not referring to the Rockets.

“That was a different team, not Houston,” Bogut said, acknowledging that the Philadelphia 76ers were the other team that engaged the Warriors in serious trade talks. “I’m not saying I would have forced a buyout. It would have been an option.”​

Vivi and D-rock like this.
  4. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Where is this idea that Tyson Chandler is being bought out coming from?

MrSabotage, DonKnock and J.R. like this.
  5. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

From some people's dreams...i mean, everyone would love to get Chandler here, but reality is that:

1. he has still two years left on his contract
    2. other teams can offer him a starting spot, more minutes and more money than us even if he gets bought out for some reason

...so, it would take a miracle to have him here this season.

7. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

8. dwhite

dwhite Member

First off Tyson Chandler is an old guy and sucks. It is this simple.....we sign Bogut and we will win the NBA Title this year!!!!! He is the answer to the defensive problems (layup drills) that are crippling this team. Morey is a genius and he will do the right thing. I know he hates Houston, but everybody has their price.

9. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

why not dmo?

lnchan likes this.
  10. dwhite

dwhite Member

You joke, but DMO would provide the help we need. Bogut though would be better at stopping the layup drills and awful defensive rebounding that are going to prevent us from being legitimate contenders in the West.

lnchan likes this.
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I would expect Bogut to go to Boston. They have a need and there was big/mutual interest last year. He makes sense on that team.

As for Bogut and the Rockets fit...despite the need for more rim protection, I just feel all the moves on this team, now, are viewed through a Morey/CP/Harden prism. Just a different team, vibe, chemistry, from last year when the Rockets had some interest. So, pass on Bogut.

12. mario_v

mario_v Member

What did bogut says that makes him racist?

Tfor3 likes this.
  13. Vivi

Vivi Member

I wouls still like to get him but this post makes a lot of sense.

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

If I remember correctly, last year @Codman said that the players weren't too keep on the potential addition of Bogut.

15. OTMax

OTMax Member

Nope, like he acknowledged, he cannot play in this system. By the way, just looked at Gerald Green’s 41 point game and it had Steven Adems clean shaven. I know he’s developed into this monster but the beard definitely adds to the intimidation factor. He looked like a goof and kind of like a student.

D-rock likes this.
  16. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

He is a heavy right winger so some people call him racist by default.

I really do not believe he is for a second, but some other events I know of:

In Aus he chimed in about a certain coloured sportsman by the name of Adam Goodes getting booed at games saying its normal for people to boo people in sports. For 1 tweet some people went at him for being racist. People who boo Adam Goodes (for the most part) just think hes a prick or are just simply going for the other team (surprise).

He also had a go at most NBA players for wasting their money on jewelry etc. which some people suggest can only mean a criticism against black players...

He is a self-confessed dick, but hardly a racist and he'll be fine for half a season on a championship run.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Bogut will not, cannot, doesn't want to run up and down the floor which is required for the 5 spot in MDA system. Bogut is not just a dick, he's not a good fit.

Patience likes this.
  18. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Bogut is a truly detestable idiot, but the Rockets need any frontcourt help they can get.

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Conversely, the "chemistry" with Gerald Green and the team is on point.

D-rock, Patience and Vivi like this.
  20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

either you take him or our rivals take him.
    chess not checkers