1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] There’s plenty to like and dislike about Rockets play in loss to Warriors

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I'm fine with Ariza under-performing this game because he's been pretty consistent this year and can play defense when his shot isn't falling. Also Ariza is on a team friendly contract.

Ryno really has no excuses. I would be shocked if Morey doesn't trade him before the deadline.

The best thing about Gerald Green besides him fitting into our offense like a glove is, he can actually handle the rock and run the offense a couple times per game.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Murdered West who happens to be on the receiving end in New Orleans.

Paul to West was a real treat back then. West was a scorer.

Bobby Brown for assistant role, all for it.

ApacheWarrior and DonKnock like this.
  4. OTMax

OTMax Member

Very spot on! I do wonder how you and others feel about not maximizing CP3's creative abilities. We need to run more plays, give CP3 something to work with. It makes it so much easier than CP3 having to get a switch and then work 1-on-1 during key stretches of the game. CP3 was still great and will be, but can you imagine how great he can be if we start to run some serious plays with off-ball movement, screens etc. I am surprised you are surprised about how we kept Bobby Brown all this time and seem to dislike it as much as the rest of us. This makes cutting Canaan and even worse though since that guy could've helped us.

da_juice likes this.
  5. basketballholic

I feel plagiarized.

6. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Shots fired

Pen15clubber likes this.
  7. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I'd have to have read something you wrote to plagiarize it.

8. No Chill Rocket

Savage

c1utchfan925, tinman, Reeko and 6 others like this.
  9. basketballholic

You just did.

Beardaholic13 likes this.
  10. basketballholic

But that was funny.

BigMaloe, Remlap and BigShasta like this.
  11. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Love/Hate:

I Loved......
    1.Gordons aggressiveness and decisiveness
    2. Paul handled the warriors bigmen in isolation on more than a few occasions.
    3.The constant communication between our players, even when on the bench. Even though it didnt look like it helped our defense much, iam still encouraged by the constant effort to fix things.
    4.Gerald Greens fearlessness

I Hated...
    1.Our bigs lack of defensive IQ
    2.Rynos lack of confidence, he still hustles but seems like a different player without the confidence. (take a note from GG and keep firing)
    3.Tuckers corner 3s
    4.Our lack of composure to end quarters, and shot selection the last 5 min of the game.( too many bring the house down 3s, instead of working on offense.) Iam fine if those 3s come from penetration, or picks etc...
    5.The easy buckets in the 2nd half...seemed like they got whatever they wanted in the second.

All in all what i got from this game is that maybe CC is the way to get rid of Rynos contract.
    Career year(great strides annually), will get paid this offseason(restricted FA), Still young (23)...could be the perfect sell high opportunity. I love him but maybe he is the way to get rid of anderson. He doesent help us much vs the warriors and that is the main objective tbh.

12. basketballholic

Ryno cannot shoot at TC. Never been able to. Gotta find a taker.

BigShasta likes this.
  13. RESINator

RESINator Member

Ryan Anderson was so anemic last night. He has got to go. 24 minutes of play and he is lack a sack of potatoes. He has got to make his 3s.

BMoney likes this.
  14. drc3906

drc3906 Member

Get lost.

RiceRockets and Pen15clubber like this.
  15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Good takes Clutch.

I had this down as a 15pt blowout loss, so was surprised we were there. Not worried at all, except for Rhino, that looks like a man who has lost his confidence.

DD

Clutch likes this.
  16. hakeemthagreat

Pretty solid article. Touched on everything we've been saying here. Ryan Anderson's either hitting everything or shooting like he's never shot a 3 in his life. It's weird because you can see the confidence leave his body after every brick. Capela does play soft at times. He seems lethargic & uninspired. I actually liked Black's energy better than all our bigs. PJ needs to be more aggressive on offense if his shots not falling. All he does is run to the corner, pump fake a 3, then pass it back out. How about drive to the damn rim? The role players have to do more as a unit. Gerald Green is on another world right now

Clutch likes this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

RiceRockets, Reeko, Easy and 5 others like this.
  18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

19. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Ryno needs a top rated sports psychologist at this point. If Morey can get anything and I do mean anything for him at the deadline I would be pleasantly surprised.

Ozzy and DonKnock like this.
  20. macan

macan Member

Like: First 3Qs performance

Dislike: that 5 men line up MDA put out at the beginning of Q4...

dragonwill, DonKnock and juanm34 like this.