1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros 2017 World Series jerseys for $10 @ Dick's (online)

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by LaVar Ball, Dec 26, 2017.

1. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Before phones I was a district manager for academy. I’m telling you bro from experience. Seriously. The PR is more of a hit than any financial aspect. Academy’s ownership is the cheapest company you can work for in Texas. Dicks pays more but they both mark up their prices over 2000%

If you need phones. I run a top 25 store out of 2000 nationwide. I got you

2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

While it certainly varies 50% is norm. You can go look at their gross profit
    You didn't even know the jerseys were made in America, and nobody raises their prices anywhere near that. Not sure if you are delusional or a troll.

3. cardpire

cardpire Member

just catching up on this thread. guy trying to be a legit journalist whining because he didn't get to scam a retail store because of a mistake cracks me the hell up.

arkoe likes this.
  4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

There was no scam involved from anyone who ordered the merchandise.

5. ths balla

ths balla Member

I meant to say 100% markup and 50% margins, a 2000% markup would indicate they bought the jerseys for $5.24, that is not true at all...I worked in the licensed department at Academy for 4 years, I know how much we paid for the jerseys

6. cardpire

cardpire Member

Phrase it however you want. He was crying because he didnt get over (at the time) on a retail company who accidentally made a pricing error.

Happens all the time. Ridiculous to think that it’s “rude” for them not to honor it. Ignorance.

juicystream and JPM0016 like this.
  7. juicystream

Scam isn't fair, but to act as if Dicks screwed over fans and he heavily implied that it wasn't a mistake. How anyone would expect items that are fairly popular to be discounted 94% intentionally is beyond me.

8. bobrek

I ordered two of them and told my wife that I fully expected an apologetic email and for my order to not be processed. The surprising thing to me was how long the mistake lasted before it was resolved.

9. juicystream

True, but the outcome was definitely worth the wait. In my ideal world, I'd have been able to order the jerseys, but get the gift cards while having turned around and bought the ones at Academy for half off. Have my cake and eat it too. In the end I have more respect for both Dicks and Academy.

I'd be buying me a canoe or paddle boat come their annual sale. Alas, I just had to settle for half off jerseys that I'm excited to get.

10. bobrek

What I meant about the mistake was that the pricing error seemed to occur early in the morning and lasted for 4+ hours (unless I misread something). Generally when these things happen, it's a matter of minutes before it is fixed.

I thought everything else went pretty quick. I'd rather have had a gift card as well for compensation. :)

11. Big Uns

Big Uns Member

Well my orders show as shipped. Anyone else?

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I haven't received an email since they said they were going to honor the prices.

This is why some thought it was "fishy" when Dick's said it was a mistake. It wasn't a 15 minute blip...it lasted for hours. I don't know if it was or wasn't a mistake...don't really care either way. I appreciate them honoring the price, ultimately.

13. bobrek

One of mine has shipped and due in Wednesday. The other is “in process”.

14. Big Uns

Big Uns Member

Well, I did get the 150.00 dollar gift card, and it seems they charged me twice so now they are shipping me 8 jerseys. All slated for tomorrow except 2 of the Navy Altuve jerseys. Perfect, one set to wear, one set to save.

15. mick fry

mick fry Member

I got five items scheduled for delivery weds and a $75 gift card on the way. Hopefully the others ship out in the next couple of days.

16. mick fry

mick fry Member

Yeah I agree, pretty standup of them.

17. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

my polos were shipped Friday, scheduled for delivery on Wednesday, CC has been charged

craigharmann and texans1095 like this.
  18. LaVar Ball

LaVar Ball Member

dick's fulfilling orders slower than big baller brand lol

19. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Ordered 6 jerseys, 4 on the way. :)

20. craigharmann

craigharmann Member

Mine are out for delivery today!

Dave2000 likes this.