1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Agreed. Excellent sci-fi isn't about aliens and space monsters and laser beams and robots... the really good stuff is about humanity.

Deckard likes this.
  2. cebu

cebu Member

Spiderman Homecoming.

sux!

3. marky :)

marky :) Member

Coco: 9.5/10

Might be one of my favorite disney movies in recent memory. It looked so amazing that you could probably watch it with the sound off and still be able to enjoy it.

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

watched Die Hard on Christmas Day with my family. 10/10

K mf G likes this.
  5. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

What Happened to Monday

A Netflix Original, and a damn good one at that. The story doesn't stray too far from formula, but it still packs some thrills and it's brutally violent. Noomi Rapace is excellent in her many roles

7/10

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Downsizing 6.5/10

Loved the first hour or so, but I thought it really lost steam. You have to respect how seriously the creatives took the central concept of shrinking people, from removing their fillings to economic ramifications.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

American Made 8/10

Interestin documentary of sorts. The CIA agent guy should be a star as he steals scenes with relative ease. Liked. Hard to believe one guy was literally involved in so many major events due to pure chance and circumstance. Movie feels like the 80s and that’s a good thing, but at times feels out of sorts with itself. It all works in the end. especially for anyone unfamiliar with the events like me.

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

The Greatest Showman - 7 out of 10. Not normally a fan of musicals, but this one was played with a lot of enthusiasm with Hugh Jackman and Zendaya and enjoyed it much more than last years snoozy La la Land. Good music, very good choreography. My oldest daughter cried once, my youngest cried five times. Good seeing Michele Williams as Jackman's wife and Rebecca Ferguson was pretty good as the opera singer that didn't sing opera.

Blackway 6 out of 10. On netflix, Anthony Hopkins, Julia Stiles, and Ray Liota (as the villain, shocked, yea, I know, I was too). I really think its a 5 but I am a big Julia Stiles fan so seeing her always gets a bump. Set in a pretty cold a grey place. Violent, predictable. But Hopkins and Stiles are always good, and Alexander Ludwig almost steals the movie. Worth a look on Netflix.

9. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Did you not find this movie hard to follow? I had no idea what she was doing half the time, why or how she got there and who these people were that she was running into or got introduced. It seems to be my problem with watching spy films, way too many scenes and locations, too fast pace.

10. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle - 8/10. Way better than I expected.

Pen15clubber, el gnomo and Joe Joe like this.
  11. TheresTheDagger

Star Wars: TLJ 7.5 out of 10

12. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

The same. Enjoyed it without expecting it.

el gnomo likes this.
  13. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Same. Some really funny parts. You could sell me anything with The Rock and Kevin Hart, tho.

14. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Star Wars VIII: The Last Jedi - 8/10 - nice twists and good acting, good story line and nice surprise 'cameos'.
    SwoLy Rating: :D

Coco - 9/10 - not what I expected, a nice family story; will be enjoyed by all ages because all ages are included.
    SwoLy Rating: :eek:

Justice League - 6/10 - cheesy lines, no back-story or development to any of the new or older characters, too much referencing to first movie. A disappointing telling of great stories
    SwoLy Rating: :(

SwoLy's Rating System:
    :eek: Excellent
    :D Good
    :) Average
    :oops: Could be better
    :( Bad
    :mad: Extremely bad

joeson332 likes this.
  15. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Watching Shape of Water tonight!! Will let yall know how it goes.

SwoLy-D likes this.
  16. joeson332

joeson332 Member

these ar the last 3 movies Ive seen as the theaters as well and agreed.
    JL was horse crap.
    Coco is an achievement.
    Last Jedi was great, not perfect, but great.

SwoLy-D likes this.
  17. joeson332

joeson332 Member

@SwoLy-D just noticed your rating system. May I use these? These are perfect.

SwoLy-D likes this.
  18. joeson332

joeson332 Member

The Shape of Water 5/5
    Mesmerizing, spellbinding, bold, a true homage. Michael Shannon is climbing up there as one of my favorite actors.
    Surely lived up to the hype, wish people would watch it in the theaters because it deserves all of the accolades.

19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

The Snowman - 2/10. Wastes great cast (Michael Fassbinder, Rebecca Fergusson, JK Simmons, Chloe Sevigne). What a slow moving mess. And why bring Val Kilmer into this with a laughably bad dubbing. The best part of the movie was the main character's name (Harry Hole). Using Swoly's rating system... :mad:

SwoLy-D and Jontro like this.
  20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Some of the books in the series are great. I don't plan on watching the movie doh.