1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[UNOFFICIAL] Texans off-season thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by codell, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

lol. Taylor is the starting QB for a playoff team. Why would he settle for being a backup?

2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

He will be in Buffalo. They learned their lesson by trying to start Petermen for 1 game. It almost cost them them playoffs.

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

It was mostly pipe dreaming, but it seems Buffalo is going to run him out of town. After that, I'm just curious as to where he'd go to start.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Maybe Denver or Miami

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  5. texian

texian Member

6. Mr. Clutch

Bring Gaine back!

While he was here:

We let Brooks, Jones, and Bouye go.

We signed Mallet, Jeff Allen, and Osweiler.

We drafted Nix, Strong and XSF.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

lol @ the excuses the Browns will make for passing up on Watson...

red5rocket likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bill O'Brien: 'I want to wish Rick Smith and especially Tiffany Smith, all of our support and respect the decision Rick made.'

Bill O'Brien: 'Tiffany is a very, very tough woman. I want to wish all of our support to Rick. We really respect his decision to step away from football to help Tiffany with her battle.'

Bill O'Brien on the McNairs: 'We're having productive meetings, productive talks.'

Bill O'Brien on the McNairs: 'They don't rush into anything. They're fantastic bosses. We're having some very positive, productive talks'

Bill O'Brien: 'The talks are all about doing what's best for this organization'

Bill O'Brien: 'I feel very positive about the discussions, but they're ongoing'

Bill O'Brien on the future: 'I really enjoy being a head coach here'

Bill O'Brien: 'I feel like I'll be here in 2018, but these are ongoing discussions'

O'Brien: "I think we have the makings of a good football team. There's a bright future for this organization."

Bill O'Brien said he gave Sean Ryan permission to interview for Browns' OC job

Bill O'Brien on Sean Ryan, candidate for Browns OC job: 'I think he has a real bright future'

Bill O'Brien: 'Sean's goal is to call plays in the league.I don't want to stand in his way of doing that.'

Bill O'Brien on Mike Vrabel: 'We don't want to lose Mike, but these are things that happen every year. You have a good staff, good core group of coaches teams are going to come after them'

O'Brien on Mike Vrabel: "Mike is a great leader, good knowledge of the National Football League. I wish him the best... But we would love to have him back here."

Bill O'Brien on personnel power if he wants more: 'I would say the big thing is alignment being aligned. I am not looking for this that or the other.'

Bill O'Brien: on Brian Gaine: 'Brian is a very bright guy, works very hard. Great knowledge of pro and college things. Great family guy'

O'Brien on Deshaun Watson: "He's an exciting player. He's an even better player off the field.... We're all excited about his future."

Bills executive Brian Gaine is one of the Texans' top candidates for to step in for Rick Smith. Praised by Bill O'Brien, they have a strong relationship.

Bill O'Brien: 'I know you guys want clarity, but I can't give it you. We're having a lot of really positive discussions.'

Bill O'Brien on Patriots executive Nick Caserio: 'These guys are under contract. Personally how I feel about many people around the league. Relative to Nick great football guy, even better person'

Bill O'Brien on Romeo Crennel: 'I fully expect him to be back next year'

Bill O'Brien on Rick Smith: "I want to put it to rest that we didn't communicate well. I spoke to him this morning. We've always had good conversations. Moving forward, it's all about communication."

Bill O'Brien on Deshaun Watson rehab from torn ACL: 'Chance he could be out there in OTAs doing something'

O'Brien on Jadeveon Clowney: "We are very proud of JD. He has come a long way... We really believe in him and the way he plays the game."

Bill O'Brien on the roster: 'Injuries happen, if you stand up and say the only reason why you lost is because you had guys hurt, we used 78 players, that's part of it, but lot of things we need to do'

O'Brien on Nick Martin: "No doubt. I know he can come back. He's a very tough guy."

Bill O'Brien said he's had several meetings with Bob McNair and Cal McNair

Bill O'Brien: 'We all want what's best for the Houston Texans'

Bill O'Brien: 'We all share the blame' for 4-12

Bill O'Brien on special teams issues and being 'too inconsistent' 'We have to look at it schematically, coaching. We have to improve that area. We've got to be better on special teams.'

Rudyc281, Mr. Clutch and texian like this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Was I really though? The only thing I was wrong about was how quickly he fixed the problems that were holding him back. I thought it would take longer but he managed to do it ridiculously quickly. My concerns about him were that he may never overcome those flaws in his game.....because some QB's never do. It was a gamble that looks to have paid off.

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

You don't have to save face to anyone. Everyone knows that you've been against Watson from the beginning, ever since you thought you were witty insulting him by calling him a Running Back even despite him throwing for over 400 yards against Bama two years in a row. Post history doesn't lie.

red5rocket and htownrox1 like this.
  12. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Larry Izzo let go.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Izzo was suppose to be too special team coordinator in the league and he was awful

15. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

He hasn’t done anything with special teams so it’s about time

RasaqBoi likes this.
  16. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

damn all the scapegoats are gone. next man up!!!!

RasaqBoi likes this.
  17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Texans letting go of the obvious trash aka not bob friends. Let’s see if the O line coach stays.

19. Mr. Clutch

Clearly the problems were Godsey and Izzo

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member