1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros 2017 World Series jerseys for $10 @ Dick's (online)

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by LaVar Ball, Dec 26, 2017.

1. conquistador#11

jersey gate!

Houstunna and No Worries like this.
  2. ths balla

ths balla Member

Was that taking into account Academy had everything 30% off last week, so that $20 shirt was $14. Academy price matches as well and will beat the price by 5%

3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I’d love to have them ship as much as you would but literally no one I’ve talked to outside of this thread has heard about it. Putting the hold on the credit card is where I think there’s a legitimate complaint, but not honoring a price mistake is a complete non story whether it’s on the news or not. This is normal behavior for major retailers.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

this thread isn't the only place for me. in fact it was one of the last. this was definitely a significant story here locally and it helped get this done

5. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

This is exactly correct. No retailer would honor that price mistake. I am speaking as someone who worked for a few major retail corporations over the last decade. It is a big difference when one customer comes in with a price mistake as opposed to potentially thousands. The amount of coverage this has gotten has made me laugh. It really is a non issue. And if you believe Dicks's local competitor would have honored those prices you are sorely mistaken. It's pretty simple, Dicks should refund your money. There should be no hold. If they wanted to do something to apologize for the pricing error then a $5 or $10 gift card would have sufficed.

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

It was the lead story on local news on 2 different channels.

Got email from Dick's last night saying they'll be contacting me in the next 48 hours to tell me how they're going to resolve the problem; but that they intend to honor the prices they advertised provided they have enough inventory to meet demand.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

Update. My order of jerseys is good and will be processed. Hope everyone else will be as well. Happy holidays

8. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Same here!

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Mine as well!

CK Johnson and Da Man like this.
  10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Ditto

11. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Congrats to those that got it ... I missed seeing this thread by about 20 minutes before it went dead .. so ticked off that I didn't score this deal!

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  12. TMAC3

TMAC3 Member

Glad you were completely wrong. lol

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  13. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

If enough people whine.....

14. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Dick's is a Dallas-based company.

/thread

CK Johnson likes this.
  15. TMAC3

TMAC3 Member

One of my orders still got canceled but they are sending me a $250 gift card WOWWWWW Love me some Dicks

16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Out of curiosity, how much was the order that was canceled if you don't mind saying?

17. TMAC3

TMAC3 Member

Only like $40. They sent the gift card based on what I would have saved. Rather incredible.

Pen15clubber and MadMax like this.
  18. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I got the gift card reimbursement too. Though it said only some of my items would not be fulfilled, and I haven't reviewed the email to say which ones.

When the deal was live I bought a jersey for myself and the wife, zip pullover, a polo, and a fleece for the wife.

MadMax likes this.
  19. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Got all 3 of my jerseys processed. Good for Dicks for doing the right thing! Someone mentioned earlier about being in retail saying their company wouldn’t honor it but I’ve been in retail management and I know the various company policies and law in some states in store about incorrect pricing. Not a doubt in my mind that their error would be fulfilled!

20. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Yea you are the poster that was completely misinformed about retail. I don’t think you understand the ramifications behind a PR issue like this. Honoring this pricing actually still makes a tiny profit for Dicks. The only issue here was supply.