1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros 2017 World Series jerseys for $10 @ Dick's (online)

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by LaVar Ball, Dec 26, 2017.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

One problem...they charged my account. Despite telling me in my initial order they would not charge me until shipping...and despite the cancellation email telling me that I had not been charged...I've been charged.

Sounds like I'm not the only one, either. I keep reading the same thing on Twitter.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think I heard the guys on 790 saying that academy should do this and they did.

CK Johnson likes this.
  4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Have you really been charged or it it pending? Mine showed up on my AMEX, but it is still in the 'pending' queue.

5. Big Uns

Big Uns Member

My order now says slated for delivery late January. I got no apology email.

Also, pending is still a hold put on your account. I certainly can't use it till it clears. I called their headquarters in PA and they offered me a 150.00 dollar gift card. But my order is still pending slated for January delivery.

6. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Yeah, the whole didn't charge but or a pending is ridiculous.

The good news, I just ordered Keuchel, Verlander, & Correa jerseys too go with the Altuve I got for Christmas. Thanks Academy and to Dicks for their mistake.

zeeshan2 likes this.
  7. TMAC3

TMAC3 Member

This sucks. Can't believe they didn't seize opportunity to make this a positive PR move instead of negative

8. MadMax

You're right...mine says pending.

9. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Best Buy is notorious for this type of mistake. One time, they owed the mistake by sending a XBox 360 for a fraction of the price, or a $10 gift card. Dick's should send at least 1, but for Academy to try to say they have better price is laughable. I shopped at Dick's and Academy during Christmas. At Dick's most of the Astros championship shirts were $15. I had to return to Academy because I saw the same exact shirt for $6 more (and yes I drove 1 mile to return it). They maybe Dick's, but they really aren't that.

10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Really? I've found Dick's to be consistently more expensive than Academy. Plus, if we're talking a dollar or 2, I'm going to support the locally based company who supports all of our teams. I couldn't find a Sam Houston State anything at a Dick's anywhere. Academy in The Woodlands has a small section dedicated to them.

11. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I tend to find Academy cheaper, but depends on the product. Dick's does better sales, but Academy had better every day pricing, IMO.

Academy used to sell licensed apparel really cheap compared to competitors, but that isn't true anymore. Neither has a particularly impressive apparel selection where I live, but Dick's has almost none.

12. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

This really only effects a small number of people in Houston and most people in the city arent even aware of it so no real incentive for Dick’s to honor it. Too bad though. I grabbed a Verlander from Academy though.

Dicks has nice sale prices but still prefer Academy as a store.

13. craigharmann

craigharmann Member

Dicks just tweeted out that they’re going to make it right and honor as many prices as they can.

No Worries likes this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

source?

edit: just got the email. hopefully my order still goes through

#54 YOLO, Dec 28, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  15. TMAC3

TMAC3 Member

I just got an email saying they will try to honor as many orders as possible. Here’s hoping mine is one of them!

16. LaVar Ball

LaVar Ball Member

I LOVE DICK'S. @Pen15clubber
    At DICK'S Sporting Goods we believe in putting our customers first, and yesterday we missed the mark. On Tuesday, select World Series merchandise was priced incorrectly on our website due to human error, and orders were subsequently cancelled We know that many fans are eagerly expecting their purchase and we want to make it right with you.

Our goal is to honor the price that was listed on our website for as many orders as possible. In cases where the item ordered is no longer available due to the extreme demand, we will provide a discount on a future order.

We will be in touch with you within 48 hours with the details of your individual order and how we plan to make this right.

We are proud to be a part of hundreds of communities across the United States. We have donated millions to support youth athletics in towns across America. Please know we are doing everything we can to provide this merchandise to everyone who placed an order over the last 48 hours.

Sincerely,

DICK'S Sporting Goods
    Customer Service

MadMax likes this.
  17. craigharmann

craigharmann Member

We shall see. I’m not holding my breath, but I’d like to have the polos I ordered.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

for most part i think most will get there orders still. the news definitely helped make this happen and all the pr hit it took

craigharmann likes this.
  19. MadMax

it was the lead story on the news last night on 2 of the major affiliates in the 4th largest city in the United States of America.

20. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I was at The Woodlands locations for both stores 2 weeks ago. The Nike championship shirts and a lot of Majestic shirts were $15 each while Academy had it at least $20. There were more selections at Dick's than Academy. I shopped at Academy first, but if I was going to save $15 for 3 shirts, easy choice for me. I don't favor either, but I do find Academy tweet to be misleading.