1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Sources: DeAndre Jordan eyeing Rockets - will come at discount if Clint Leaves

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Dec 20, 2017.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Clint Capela is a true professional & I hope he retires a Rocket.

2. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Is it possible to have both Capela and Deandre? Capela is growing in front of our eyes...

Trying really hard to think about this tho... I can't seem to wrap my mind around what to do.

Batman Jones likes this.
  3. s3ts

s3ts Member

Can expect another poison pill contract, just the way we did to get JLin. And the way Parsons was stolen by Mavs in RFA.

I think we've all learned since then that no one really wins when playing that dangerous game, unless the talent is really worth it. Better to let it go than to hold on to a large contract like that.

Perhaps we will see LBJ or another superstar offering themselves to us, and Clint's RFA getting in the way. In this case, bye bye Clint.

cerophilik likes this.
  4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

We talking Specs "mark it up 10% and then give you 10% back for using cash" discount or we talking "last year's clothes this year at 50% off" discount?

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

no he hasn't. dwights still the same person at the ft line. when you see a random game and see that he hits more than usual that doesn't mean hes improved. you just happen to catch him on a rare day he happens to hit them. But in the long run he still is terrible at the line and this year is no different

6. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

I would rather have Clint, but I also never say no to having options...

Beardaholic13 and Plowman like this.
  7. Progs

Progs Member

Capela is starting to have leg issues...
    [​IMG]

Jayzers_100 and RasaqBoi like this.
  8. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Batman Jones and CCity Zero like this.
  9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Couldn't the Rockets nip that in the bud by simply asking Clint to not sign any offer sheets, give him the same overall amount of dollars, but spread it out in a way that doesn't make the contract toxic for the team's cap/luxury tax situation?

Granted, if Clint wants to go ahead and sign an offer from another team, he can. But hopefully the Rockets are in communication with him and are able to avoid a repeat of the Parsons scenario.

10. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Similar sentiment was had for Parsons(Though the clown didn't wait for the Bosh dust to settle). When it really comes down to it, you don't give a solid player All-NBA/Superstar money.

11. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

Clint>dewoatdre

Clint is restricted we will match. Pls quit acting like you have sources. You're a liar and should have your thread making abilties taken away.

12. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

If Clint gets offered a backloaded contract, he first has to sign it in order for Morey to match it. My guess is Clint isn't signing anything and instead signs with Houston for less-than-market price. Afterall, it was the Rockets that gave him all that invaluable experience in the playoffs with which he grew so fast. Imagine if he was on Nets or Kings...

13. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Yep. Pretty sure mark Cuba will make an offer like that just to mess with us.

In that case we sign Dj.

14. Bo6

Bo6 Member

we re-sign clint then pick up DJ as a backup? sign me up ;)

Rocketsfanguy likes this.
  15. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Yea seems like he will want to get pay and who can blame him. He is playing great. But I don’t know if we will pay him if we have someone like Dj wanting to come here.

16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Cyber has proven himself time and time again on this board. No need to be so disrespectful. He didn't say anything about us not matching Clint....just that DeAndre would be willing to take a discount IF Clint does price himself out of our range.

cdrive, adw, malakas and 2 others like this.
  17. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

Can't Clint just present us the offer so we can match the value without all the bad stuff? I'm pretty sure he wants to stay, so no reason for him to make our situation worse if the total money is close enough..

18. s3ts

s3ts Member

That's a bit much, no? If I'm in Clint's shoes, Harden's not buying me a ferrari.

I guess we'll all see what happens. I'm afraid that DMorey isn't the kind of GM to pay him without him going out and getting an offer first.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  19. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Smh :rolleyes:o_O

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Would be dumb for him financially to do that.

s3ts likes this.