1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Team Chemistry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by riko, Dec 14, 2017.

1. riko

riko Member

Is off the chart. I have not seen Harden and Ariza so jubial and Happy ever as Rockets. You see them jumping up and down on the sideline when Eric, Chris or whomever scores and just be happy. It's genuine happiness.Sure if we hit a snag and lose a few there might be some bumps in that area but overall i'm really pleased that everyone has come in and ready to do whatever it takes to have longterm succsess. For example Harden saw he was off so he was giving the ball up for Chris to go to work. No egos.

Speaking of Chris it seems all the so called tough to play with an demanding garbage talk was just that. It's looking like Doc Rivers and his over sensitive son along with Griffin were the issues.It was the Clippers toxic culture was the main issue.

2. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

This is by far the most united team since Spurs golden age in the 2000's.

Lets hope this is the key for the success and we win as much titles as they did.

chadyang and s3ts like this.
  3. Nivos

Nivos Member

We need to wait a bit for the bumpy ride to conclude that.
    Didnt like the way Harden was shouting at Anderson for not standing in the corner for one play, when we were up by 20.
    I can see it goes south when things wont go our way.
    So far though, it seems like everyone is having a great time. Especially awesome to see Paul having fun on the court and everyone engaged on the bench.

arabrocket likes this.
  4. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

I disagree.
    You want to be a top-class team, your need to perform at 110% at all times, even when up by 50 points.
    Heated moments is part of the process getting to the top, specially when it is coming from the leader. So yeah, if any player commits a mistake (not following a play). It is up to the leaders to keep up with that, so yeah, Harden and Paul basically have the green card to shout at anyone not putting as much heart as they are doing.

It is also expected to Harden and Paul to disagree (with some heat) sometimes. And sensationalist media will go right at it when it happens.
    But at the end of the day, it is how you leave all that behind and go for the real deal, which is winning.

And by now, we are doing OK at the #1 seed.

[​IMG]

Pen15clubber, s3ts and ElDobleK like this.
  5. tnopham

tnopham Member

[​IMG]

chadyang, D-rock and s3ts like this.
  6. s3ts

s3ts Member

if Harden yells at you, you friggin listen to the best/franchise player.

CP and Harden shout at each other, they both listen to each other.

PJ Tucker discusses game plan on the defensive end, with Harden, and Harden listens and accepts.

nothing wrong w/ any of these things. the only thing that can be better is Harden being less frustrated about certain plays -- but who cares? you gotta make these adjustments ASAP when we're playing easy games. when we hit any of the top-4 teams, we gotta be on our toes.

D-rock likes this.
  7. OTMax

OTMax Member

They are having fun,It's good, but winning always helps. I agree we should wait until we claim something that hasn't been tested yet. I've seen all this cheering and smiling before from both those guys and so have you ;)

8. MVP4THREE

MVP4THREE Member

9. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

I think we have to thank Chris for this exclusively. I feared he will try to micromanage everything and try to run the offense his way. Instead, he lets Harden shine while carving up a role for himself, but still taking over when needed without any patronizing effect on James. He doesn't force his will unto Harden, but lets him come to "solution" himself, which is Harden handing the keys to offense to CP3 when his game is off like yesterday. At least that's my feeling when watching games and seeing how they talk on the bench.

MVP4THREE likes this.
  10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Puppies and rainbows is DEFINITELY not a prerequisite of a championship team. People here are just shell-shocked from the Dwightmare shenanigans.

riko likes this.
  11. topfive

topfive CF OG

I had excellent seats for a couple of games during Dwert's last year with us, the meltdown year, and everything about Trevor's appearance said he was miserable and frustrated. This year is an absolute joy for him.

I've never thought Doc Rivers was a very good coach. WAY overrated. CP3/Blake/DJ/Reddick and you can't get them into the WCF? Should have been fired two years ago. And he's even worse as a GM.

riko and D-rock like this.
  12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Hold on a sec. I like CP3 now that he's with the Rockets as much as anyone else, but you can't revise history to make it fit your present view.

When CP3 played for the New Orleans Hornets, he was as prickly and entitled as anyone I've ever seen. His personality influenced everyone on the team. They played with frowns on their faces and whined like babies every time a foul call didn't go their way. This is where I learned to strongly dislike him.

When he went to the Clippers, his personality dominated there also. They quickly became known as the whiniest team in the NBA. They played the officials as much as the other team. What CP3 did bring to the Clippers was a seriousness they lacked, but he took it too far and eventually grated on Blake and others. It wasn't Doc. Doc did make his share of mistakes and never should have been given GM duties. Signing and extending Austin Rivers was silly nepotism that killed his credibility.

Since coming to the Rockets, CP3 has willingly toned it down and conceded this is Harden's team and not his. Harden isn't the best leader and the gravity that naturally comes with CP3 around has been a positive influence. But he doesn't want to be the lead dog and has loosened up. I think Harden is the reason.

In other words, so far, the Rockets have benefited from all the pluses and none of the minuses of CP3. I hope that continues. At some point in the season they will stumble and we will learn more.

Roc Paint likes this.
  13. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Dj just hack him and its game over negating cp3 greatness and reddick shooting

Blake well hes soft and injury prone

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

D-rock and riko like this.
  15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

17. s3ts

s3ts Member

sssshhhhiiiiiiieeet son, i'm happy than a mufuka

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  18. riko

riko Member

Amazing

19. HookemHorns1250

Paul George, Carmelo, Kylie... all trades. Paul wanted to be a Rocket. He wanted to make this work. He knew what the system was coming into it. We had an identity already set of what team we’d “like” to be.

OKC just saw talent, put it together and said “Go win.” No offensive identity what so ever, other than telling WB to go make something happen.

This has been a real treat to watch. The players obviously deserve an enormous amount of credit. MDA has been brilliant as well. He’s managed Paul’s/Hardens minutes incredibly. Allowing CP3 to come back into the game against the other teams second string to allow Harden to rest, all the while completely destroying that second group.

Then there’s Morey. I think that pretty much speaks for itself. Not just Paul, but Luc and Tucker. It’s amazing how analysts are still just barely hinting at the idea that our team plays defense now. Is it really going to destroy their souls to say “The Rockets are an extremely talented team on both sides of the ball.”

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

typical ESPN media conspiracy bullship

Killatron 2000 likes this.