1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul Traded to Rockets!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jun 28, 2017.

?

Do you like the trade of Beverley, LouWill, Dekker, Harrell, 1st rounder to LAC for Chris Paul

Poll closed Jul 19, 2017.
  1. YES

676 vote(s)
    88.6%
  2. NO

87 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Absolutely LOVE Chris Paul's enthusiasm in this quote.

"I feel good. I feel really good," he said. "It's a lot of fun. I just keep saying it. I texted James (Harden) and talked about how exciting this can be with the mindset of the guys. When we were down, everybody felt like we knew we could lock in and come back. Obviously, that's not always going to be the case, but that's a great feeling."

riko and DonKnock like this.
  2. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Wait until he starts really trying to score the ball more. I think still being new here and coming off his injury he is in that 'set up others' mode right now until he feels more comfortable. His assists to TO ratio has got to be ridiculous! This team is should really be firing on all cylinders by all star break. The only position I could see us needing to fill would be a big that can create his own shot consistently. Nene can do it in spurts right now but we need a younger player that can do it. Clint needs to add a little bit of that next summer.

3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

we need more of that attitude here in the GARM

4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

A bunch of us felt the exact same way when we were down to the Knicks. I wasn't even mad.

5. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Was literally never worried at all. I had extreme confidence we would come back and win

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

The Rockets have made 50 percent of their 3s when Paul has delivered the pass. Their effective shooting percentage off Paul passes, which considers the added value of 3s, is 71.1 percent

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I love all the talk about defense. I was one of the idiots against the Mike D hire thinking we needed JVG, but holy hell, what a revelation this season has been. I hope they can continue to keep it up. Thankfully, we have more than 2 guys dedicated to that end of the floor this year. It use to be just Ariza and Bev. Now it's Ariza, T H I C C, Luc and Paul and it's actually making other guys better on the floor (look at Anderson for goodness sakes). We definitely can steal a series from GS this year if we continue playing the type of defense we are playing and keeping the offense as godly as it has been. It's going to be difficult, because they have more talent as far as their top 5 players.

HakeemOnlyFan and DonKnock like this.
  11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Nice. Thx

zeeshan2 and DonKnock like this.
  12. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

IDIOT:eek:

ilovehtownbb and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  13. Roxs-Redemption

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Chris has made me a believer

Rocket River

DonKnock, saleem and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  15. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

In homage, I'm going to start wearing my mouth guard over my ear.

hakeem94 and Os Trigonum like this.
  16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

saw that after the game. great comment

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

DonKnock likes this.
  18. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

Steve Nash moves to Los Angeles.

How long ago was that?

http://www.espn.com/los-angeles/nba...ash-headed-los-angeles-lakers-sign-trade-deal

Back then, news that the Los Angeles Lakers would have Steve Nash as their new starting point guard was the rave of the NBA. Together with Kobe Bryant, Nash would lead the Lakers back as contenders for the NBA title.

Sadly, that did not happen after a nerve injury.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/10/23/7054723/steve-nash-injury-los-angeles-lakers

Now back to July 2017, and the announcement that Chris Paul was moving to Houston.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ockets-for-patrick-beverley-lou-williams-more

With the current win streak of 12, the signing of Chris Paul seems to be what the Lakers back then in 2012 hoped Steve Nash give them what Chris is now bringing to Houston.

I will admit that back then I thought that Daryl Morey had given up too much for Chris Paul. I did not mind trading Patrick Beverley and Sam Dekker. Including Lou Williams and Montrezl Harrell though made me think -- the Rockets would face a tough season, with what so many changes to the roster.

I am hopeful like many Rockets fans that only good fortune(no injuries) will accompany Chris Paul playing with the Rockets.

===> I apologize if this was brought up previously. I did not want to backread 102 pages.

#2039 dfbreyes, Dec 16, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  19. riko

riko Member

Cp3 and HARDEN are right now making a lot of so called experts look like fools

DonKnock likes this.