1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Media Conspiracy

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Daddy Long Legs, Mar 30, 2017.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

hey we value 7 wins

and you value those 2 uncontsted rebounds

no one's stopping you

2. s3ts

s3ts Member

it doesn't make me a whiner when i point out all of these fools in media who are constantly egging on Harden while leading his team to the 1st seed in WC with historic performances. this and expressing my frustration for it, is all i'm doing.

so far, i only saw Herd pointing out RW's stat chasing. today, they don't have a single bad word to say about RW even with the franchise that he is leading not even seeded for the playoffs (even if it's early). the media simply blames PG/Melo that they're not following RW's lead. remember before the season, they were ranking OKC to be #2 in WC?

i don't even need to mention Lebron. things being bad as they were at the beginning of the season, never saw anyone say anything bad about Lebron.

Harden the MVP of this season is leading this team to franchise records, even if it's early, and people keep bringing up 2nd round G6 loss to Spurs, bad defense, and 1-dimensionality.

it's simple, the Rockets and Harden has NO break. Harden will need to average 30+ points and 10+ assists, w/ the team being #1-2 seed WC, top-5 defense, top-5 offense.

D-rock, Wylo and DonKnock like this.
  3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

The media is conspiring to pull the rug out from under Harden by playoff time.

Killatron 2000 and DonKnock like this.
  4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I will say that Arnovitz came off unnecessarily douchey. But that's just his normal personality, I bet. He's better as a podcast guest than a podcast host.

And damn it felt kinda awkward when he told Morey that everyone used to hate him.

D-rock likes this.
  5. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

That interview wasn't very good. Arnovitz is an awkward host.

D-rock and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  6. T-Mike

T-Mike Member

Anyone else noticing that nba.com app is having us in No.4 behind the Celtic, Warriors and Cavs??? What is this??

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

When the Warriors switch on defense...

"Maximum lineup versatility! Can guard all 5 positions!"

When the Rockets switch on defense...

"Well, it's easy"

8. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

The cognitive dissonance is astounding.

For years people have defended Curry's terrible defense with "At least he tries!"

Now that Harden is in the same defensive structure: "Well what he's doing is just taking the easy way out!"

:rolleyes:

D-rock and BigMaloe like this.
  9. Jake Stewart

Jake Stewart Member

On Bleacher Report’s Facebook page tonight the only post about the Rockets is a video making fun of Harden for stepping out of the way and saying he plays no defense. No mention of the fact that we won the game.

Deuce and DonKnock like this.
  10. s3ts

s3ts Member

I'm not even gonna start a thread each time media starts hating on us.

Barkley just said JH+CP isn't better than Klay+Curry. He also smears JH, saying Klay plays D and is great offensively.

Kenny said our test is in the playoffs, so throw out the regular season.

DonKnock likes this.
  11. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

Come on guys, when the media praises us, we are mad, when media hates us, we are mad, just relax, it's their job to give comments to entertain people, let's just take care of our job and focus on our championship pursuit!!! PURSUIT

12. s3ts

s3ts Member

Okay so here are the two compliments thrown at us:

Kenny "I'm impressed and they're playing better defense."
    *everyone nods their heads*

that's it.

DonKnock likes this.
  13. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

It's entirely fair to say that the media have been, on whole, praising us this year. But this narrative that the younger media guys in their 30's up to mid-40's have been peddling about Rockets fans--in which case if you're talking online presence I equate that to the Clutchfans demographic--that we've basically been on an unwarranted vendetta mission against them the last few years...it pisses me off frankly.

In past years the media have consistently taken the pessimistic view on not just us but our entire city, at best downplaying our significance and at worst outright insulting us. So for them to try to have a few make-up calls now and be like, "See? When you're good we acknowledge it," is disingenuous. It's like a wifebeater getting his wife a Christmas present and saying, "don't you see how much I love you? Why do you have to be such a b**** about it? STOP bringing up the past!" Basically the Rockets fanbase on whole has been gaslighted. The net result has been no MVP's for Harden and poor officiating in the playoffs. They deserve us to stay on top of their asses. That's the way we can help our team out, because the NBA is the one sport where perception equals reality when it comes to how our team gets officiated, and how awards get doled out.

DonKnock, Beardaholic13 and s3ts like this.
  14. hakeemthagreat

What was said in the postgame TNT show was complete BS. Yes it's fair to question if we're better than GS. But why even bring that up? You first said CP3 wouldn't work on this team and all his role was is standing in the corner as a spot up shooter. You said OKC would be the 2nd best behind GS and didn't even mention us as contenders. Now that we know that's stupidity, you don't even address you were wrong, you just say "ehh. but ur not better than Golden State". How about any analysis about why we've won 10 straight? How about some insight on how we're using CP differently than you thought we would? How about some insight on how drastically our defense has changed this year with PJ & Luc?

Ofcourse Barkely doesn't mention that because HE DOESN'T EVEN WATCH THE GAMES. Neither does Shaq. His analysis is the same because the mainstream media only follows Lebron, WB, Golden State or SAS. TNT is the laziest basketball show on tv. They get paid to make blind assessments without watching these teams.

Richie_Rich, s3ts, DonKnock and 4 others like this.
  15. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Interesting article from Cleveland: http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2017/12/how_cleveland_cavaliers_loss_a.html

"Instead, the first half in Houston looked destined to be another embarrassing loss, threatening to unhinge an ornery locker room.

But the Cavs kept fighting back, rallying from multiple double-digit deficits and responding to every Houston haymaker. The effort was there, as they dove for loose balls and sprinted to contest 3-point shots. Head coach Tyronn Lue changed the lineup on the fly, going with Jeff Green to get more speed and athleticism to match the up-tempo Rockets.

Despite the late rally, the Cavs lost that night -- but it remains a defeat that became the team's launch pad to this current winning streak."

Not only are the Rockets winning for themselves, but competitors are blessed by losing to them, raising the standard across the league.

Roxfreak724 likes this.
  16. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Not sure where to post this clip, but this seems like a good thread:

It's a complimentary clip. Sure, they offer the caveat that they're taking a wait-and-see approach with this team and how they do in the postseason, but hell, so are a lot of us.

s3ts likes this.
  17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

^I liked that clip. Answered common refrains with numbers.

I think everyone realizes the test is the playoffs but that's 6 months away, and using it to dismiss what they're doing now is just media laziness.

That's what Nori meant with his tweet. It's not the "hate" from TNT's Fat and Fatter, it's how they're using last year's remarks for a team they should be watching 5 minutes ago.

DonKnock likes this.
  18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

NBA TV just raving about the Rockets in the 10 Before Tip show. Interviewed Matt Bullard pregame.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nichols is so damn annoying.

DonKnock likes this.
  20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Jared Greenberg on The 10 ( I assume that is who you are talking about I don't have NBATV anymore) has always been a supporter of James Harden. I remember last year, he would always try to shoehorn Harden into the MVP conversation when NBATV was steering it to Westbrook. He would always ask questions you would see on Clutchfans.

DonKnock likes this.