1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2017-18]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Some guys are match-up proof and he is one. If you are fortunate enough to own him, he only sits on bye weeks.

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

First week of the playoffs, 3 questions

1) I need to bench ONE of the following: Devonta Freeman, Kareem Hunt, Alfred Morris, and Rex Burkhead

2) For Tight End: Delanie Walker or Jack Doyle

3) Quarterback: Josh McCown or Roethlisberger vs Baltimore

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Sit Hunt.
    Walker
    McCown.

hvic and rhino17 like this.
  4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

He is injured is the reason I am saying that. Hopefully he plays and is ok.

5. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I benched him due to all the injured toe hype. I snagged LaFell off waivers early last week for that reason and decided to drop him in favor of Bryant at the last minute. My pregame research last night pointed towards Brown playing while being seriously limited by his toe.

Lesson learned the hard way. I was really starting to hit stride with waiver pickups like Jamal Williams, Perine, and Beastmose after losing Ty Montgomery and floundering all season.

Astrodome likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh man. pitts in a primetime spot. there was absolutely no way AB was sitting out that game. hes way too good of a talent to sit in fantasy as long as he is active. maybe should of posted in here, im pretty sure we would have steered you to not bench him

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

@kevC stephen anderson would be a decent TE play this week, especially playing sf. Fiedo just got put on IR.

Also for other desperate owners of Gronk missing this week

8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I had no idea Ricky Seals Jones is listed as a TE these days. He could be an option in your deeper or 16 team leagues.

9. NewRoxFan

He was a WR in college but moved to TE in the pros. That was the route some thought Funchess would go. To be honest, I think Stephen Anderson is that sort of TE. Hurts him since he gets pulled in anything but passing situations but since there are no other TEs he seems a great play.

10. JTQ

JTQ Member

I have RSJ, Olsen, Vernon Davis

V Davis I am going to drop with a better TE ...
    Thinking about dropping Olsen (his injuries made him hard to trust) with a Kicker..

Doyle, Hunter, Brate, Andersen, Rudolph, Njoku

so many options ...what's the best for Week 15, 16 ?

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

hunter henry. grab him while you can. hes going to be solid the rest of the year

12. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

Pick 2. Mike evans, Alshon jeffrey, josh gordon. Really want to start gordon over evans. Also devonta freeman over c mccaffrey right?

13. NewRoxFan

Evans (bounce back matchup, Winston heating up) and Gordon (had a big game against best CB in football last week, now goes against GB). If the weather in CLE gets really bad, then switch to Jeffery.

white lightning likes this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

i believe mike evans is a bust this year coupled w/ terrible qb play once again. he hasnt cleared 100 yrds in any game this year and doesn't have a td since the end of october. hes going to cause losses for alot of owners starting him just by name in the playoffs this week imo

id go with jeffrey and gordon

white lightning likes this.
  15. The Stig

The Stig Member

For 10 team standard, should I start G.Tate vs TB or P. Barber vs DET?

Detroit seems like they've been giving up a lot on the defensive side of the ball for the last month or so now. Barber looks like a good matchup for him?

16. NewRoxFan

I grabbed Barber on waivers. Got greedy and grabbed Bernard too. So I have a similar decision... Shepard vs DAL or Barber vs DET or Bernard vs CHI. I know Martin is back in practice so that may impact the number of carries (or even if TB starts Barber). So that may push me off Barber who would have been my #1 choice. You may want to monitor Martin's practices and indication whether they plan on starting Barber.

Now, I have to decide between Bernard and Shepard...:confused:

17. NewRoxFan

Sorry if I did a brain freeze and missed the answer, but asking again... start Cousins at LAC, or drop Darkwa and add/start Winston vs DET, McCown at DEN, or Dalton vs CHI?

18. NewRoxFan

update... just saw a report that said Martin cleared the concussion protocol. So now the question is whether TB returns to Martin as a starter or if they (make the smart decision) and start Barber. Martin has been a fail this season and he is now old enough to know what you get. At least barber is young. That said... this has to act as a bit of a buzzkill for us Barber owners. Again, I'd look to see any indication by the team may use the two RBs. I would look at Tate more seriously though against TB pass defense. Guess also whether Stafford will be able to throw well.

19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I would stick with Counsins or add McCown. I would lean towards not dropping Darkwa.

20. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I just picked up the Jets defense since they are playing Denver this week

Should I start the Jets or Chargers defense?