1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feature] Justice League

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dmenacela, Jun 8, 2012.

1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I think most everybody can agree she does look great throughout.....
    [​IMG]

Jontro and Invisible Fan like this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I finally saw this and it caused many, many audible groans due to all of the jokes that didn't land and the logical inconsistencies along with the other just awful things.....but it was better than the theatrical version of BvS.

3. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I was underwhelmed, but I was a DC Fanboy through the entire Death of Superman storyline. I still have the 1st edition comics at my Dad's house.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

So did it really lose money? If so, will it change their plans going forward?

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The reports that I've seen are talking about losses on paper, the movie has already technically made back the 300 million in production costs, but when you factor in all of the other expenses and behind the scenes stuff the movie would have to make about 300 million more than the 485 million it has already made worldwide in order to break even on paper. Right now, that's looking incredibly unlikely to happen, so yeah, they probably take a loss on paper just like the Forbes article suggested they would.

As to it changing plans going forward, I think the big change will be that the studio will demand that future movies be made with smaller budgets, like Wonder Woman which had half the budget of Justice League. Honestly this could be a good thing, because WAY too much of their budget got sunk into awful CGI that was one of the bigger complaints about the movie.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Yes it cost over 300M to make:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottm...tice-leagues-box-office-failure/#52353a661b12

7. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Had a minor jump yesterday. Still doesn't look good financially considering this is the epitome of superhero teams. I think WB continues moving forward and lets their directors and new head DC movie guys handle the movies.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottm...years-best-justice-league-movie/#79aa52061e0f

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I like that they took a badass like Wonder Woman and had a ridiculous scene of her blocking bullets like this

[​IMG]

9. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Finally saw it last night.

Here's the problem so many viewers feel, but can't really put their finger on it: Justice League lacks emotional connection with the audience except for Wonder Woman.

Why?

Because we've already seen Wonder Woman emotionally connect with the audience before. That's why Batman bringing up Steve Trevor was the only emotionally poignant scene in the whole movie. Everything else feels contrived including Lois and Clark's reunion. Their relationship was poorly established in Man of Steel and BVS, therefore their big moment felt unearned.

Same could be said about the rest.

A prime example is when a bruised and battered Batman talks about his lack of humanity. Again, we don't know this Batman well enough to feel anything for him. Sure, we could induce feeling from our knowledge of the comic books or previous cinematic versions, but that would be unearned as well.

What about Cyborg and his kidnapped dad?
    Or Flash and his incarcerated dad?
    Or Aquaman and his abandoning mom?

Again, we don't care about any of them because we have hardly spent a minute with them before. That's the issue at the heart of Justice League. We don't know these characters well enough to care about them or what's at stake for each.

That's where DC screwed up their cinematic universe by putting the cart in front of the horse.

tinman likes this.
  10. PhiSlammaJamma

Yeah. This sucked. Superman had one moment for me when he finally showed up and bent some ass, but the rest of the movie sucked. I mean even the opening scene was lame. First, it was a rip off moment from Spider-Man, but even worse, they never concluded the footage with what Superman loved about humanity at any point during the film, unless of course I slept through it. That should have at least been the ending. The flash Superman race, dumb assed. Flash, piss poor. The comedy was flat. They bring Superman back from the dead pet cemetery style, and he actually goes pet cemetery, lol. Another Martha moment brings Superman back into the fold, I mean really, who thought that was a good idea, seriously. Anyone. The machine hero did not fit. And as mentioned, no backstory or any reason to care about any of it, the enemy, lame. There was literally nothing redeeming about this movie. It was more like mashup of what they thought was cool about Superman, Wonder Woman, and the marvel films, but they just mashed it all together with a bunch of shiot. Terrible. I actually thought Batman vs Superman was more coherent. And that ain’t saying much.

tinman, SF3isBack!! and fba34 like this.
  11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I saw it two weeks (i think) ago. And I do not really remember too much of the story now.

12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I've said it all along, the choice to introduce 6 heroes in 2 movies (and have 2 of them arc from enemies to allies) was ridiculous. It was gonna be impossible for anybody to make that run smooth and get us to care in 4 hours worth of film.

It's absolutely comical that we got a Suicide Squad film before any of the 5 other JL members. It's all just an ongoing sign of a organization in disarray. They went for the greedy quick payoffs instead of building.

Marvel was patient. They weren't setting the world on fire right away. They released all of the solo films to decent numbers and decent reviews. Then they made the Avengers with a full compliment of pre developed characters. People loved it and now they have a adoring audience and are printing money.

ghettocheeze likes this.
  13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I hate when people equate real honest criticisms to blind hatred. believe me people love these characters and so they want to love the movie. when a movie with such popular characters like this bombs it speaks volumes about the actual content itself.

fba34 likes this.
  14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

pretty simple they are bad movies

Jontro likes this.
  15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Whedon quit didn't he?

16. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Nah. He’s making a Batgirl film.

17. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

I didn't say all the bad reviews were blind hatred but some of the reviews had ridiculous criticisms in it like not understanding why somebody called the destroyer of worlds would wanna destroy the world lol or theyre just supposed to believe clark kent is alive again. I don't remember clark kent in this movie doing any work for the daily planet again. I get it, if you're looking for character depth, DC went the entire wrong route by not having solo films first, even me a dc fanboy can feel that. I like marvel and marvel knocked it out of the park with their plan but not all their movies are as good as critics make them out to be just like how not bad they were making this movie out to be. Outside of critics, if people personally didn't like the movie im not gonna sit here and argue with them that they're wrong or something. Me personally, it seemed like this movie was better than what they've put out except WW and critics were just coming up with new dumb **** to criticize it about. That's just me tho.

18. mrm32

mrm32 Member

#MediaConspiracy

[​IMG]

SF3isBack!! and Thefabman like this.
  19. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

This movie was a dumpster fire.

20. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

I'm also glad this didn't do well financially so now maybe WB will drop good solo movies with new directors and give DC some damn heart finallly. Marvel rocked the **** with the build up with Thanos. DC needs to take a different approach now and do that for Darkseid. I hate WB lol