1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Well thought out Rockets v Warriors Podcast

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Stros, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Not sure if this has been posted if so please lock but if you have 15 or so minutes to spare I highly recommend listening to the beginning the podcast linked below. Honestly haven’t heard much about the Mike Prada guy who gives us a great chance at beating the Warriors but he seems very knowledgeable and his take is well thought out.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sb...ockets-nba-opinion-podcast-hot-take-unpopular

2. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

really enjoyed listening! thanks for sharing.
    it should go without saying, on a Rockets' fansite, I don't think it's so farfetched.

3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

First! cause ico4498 didn't call it

4. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Have you ever heard of any of those guys? Kind of just stumbled upon it but was pretty impressed overall (granted I turned it off after the next guy started talking Spurs) - definitely more knowledgeable than 95% of the clowns on ESPN.

don grahamleone likes this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

good stuff

6. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

Good listen, my only criticism is that the entire discussion revolved around the matchups that would theoretically take place towards the end of games in critical situations. There's 48 min of ball, and guys like Gordon, Luc, and Tuck are going to play against a lot of the warriors bench players, and I believe this is where the Warriors will really struggle:

Tuck, Luc, Nene, Gordon vs Iggy, Livingston, West, Young, Casspi, McGee ; The Warriors have more options I guess but our bench is more reliable. Young and Mcgee in particular are notably inconsistent.

In addition, having a healthy Nene/Capela rotation is going to be really good, since we will always have a strong roll-man with HOF pg on the court at all times. This should allow us to really spread the floor and attack down the middle, where GS's defense is weakest.

In sum, I do think the Rockets still have less talent than the warriors, but I like our distribution of talent a lot better. We're not as top heavy. In addition, I think the lineups we use that combine our bench with either Paul or Harden will cause matchup issues for the Warriors throughout the game. Now, the end-of-game death lineup is a good discussion to have, but really throughout the rest of the game our offense is gonna cause a lot of problems for the warriors' defense.

Classic, IvanLCPM, ico4498 and 2 others like this.
  7. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

The dude who’s against everything Rockets is a complete moron! He said that the Spurs would beat eaither GS or HOU bc SA is playing great without Leonard and are still #3 in the West without him but NEVER mentions that HOU is #1 without CP3... Than he turns and says that Philiy will be in the ECF and claims that Toronto is good. Smfh

8. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Refreshing to hear non-Rockets fans giving us a real shot.

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

they should have invited you
    hit the nail on the head

Classic and Roxfreak724 like this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i have pasted your comment at the site of the pod

Roxfreak724 likes this.
  11. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

No, none of the names are familiar to me. Mike Prada, the 'Rockets beat GS' proponent, is the editor of SB nation. I've read some of their stuff before though nothing as memorable as this.

I agree verbatim with Roxfreak724 above plus if we can maintain, and intensify, our defensive focus, the sky is the limit. Capela is key to our post season hopes though. really need him to make an even more substantial leap.

DonKnock likes this.
  12. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

Thanks for the support! Wish I could've been there haha

DonKnock likes this.
  13. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

It's time for the rockets to balance the universe

DonKnock likes this.
  14. Audioout

Audioout Member

Enjoyable. The dude hardcore sounds like Kermit the Frog though.

Pen15clubber and DonKnock like this.