1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BREAKING: Max Kellerman hates on james harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Daddy Long Legs, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He needs to take care of that herpe on the left side of his face
    F*** Max "Go To Hell"erman

Rocket River

2. thekad

thekad Member

If you want to argue Isaiah Thomas was a more deserving candidate for MVP than Harden last year then your devils advocate shtick has really run out of steam.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  3. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Why must we keep our foot on the media’s collective neck?

Because the ones with the loudest platforms are the most outspoken in their irrational vitriol. 1000 bloggers don’t have the outreach that network on air ‘talent’ and big publication writers do, and these are the people who are still driving the Harden hate bandwagon.

They have been eating high off the hog of Harden hate fueling their precious clicks and ratings ever since that defense video came out and the ones that are now coming around on the Rockets this season we must trust but verify.

But these large platform voices out there like Kellerman and Andrew Sharp have doubled down; and they are the problem.

#143 DonKnock, Dec 6, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Why would I? Do you want to argue that Steph Curry was a more deserving candidate than James Harden because he had a better team? I assume not, nor would I. Value added is not only a function of playoff seeding or wins. Nothing I wrote previously implied it was so, so this is a weird comment.

5. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Max Kellerman gonna get that Moses Malone jr. Treatment

DonKnock, RiceRockets and D-rock like this.
  6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He also wrote this:

https://www.si.com/nba/2017/05/12/james-harden-houston-rockets-meltdown-nba-playoffs-spurs

Frankly, the Game 6 debacle against an underhanded Spurs team kind of trumps OKC's early season struggles this year, if we're reaching for ex post facto 2017 MVP arguments.

That said, I don't agree with his statement that Westbrook was the MVP last year and anyone who disagrees is being "petty and pedantic". No -- Harden had just as good a case, if not better, as did Kawhi and I'd throw in LeBron as well.

DonKnock likes this.
  7. JaceMan da SpaceMan

Timnan has les mussle

napalm06 likes this.
  8. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I don’t get upset. My favorite thing Herps convienantly omitted was that the Cavs winning streak happened after they lost to the Rockets wherein Harden had the better game over LeBron.

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Boxing Analyst

NBA Analyst

10. tinman

Supporting Member

At least he played professional sports

The people here who react to Max Kellerman are the same people who thought the band at Chucky Cheese was singing to them

DonKnock likes this.
  11. Mr. Space City

One thing I really despise about the cable television sports talk era is the concept of the "General Sports Analyst". Guys who get on TV and act like they're experts on every sport.

You're either an NBA guy, an NFL guy, an MLB guy, an NHL guy, a Boxing guy, a UFC guy, whatever, but you're not ALL.

Why is Cris Carter talking Basketball?

Why is Skip Bayless talking Boxing?

Why is a "Boxing guy" Max Kellerman talking basketball?

You don't really watch basketball other than the national games that feature the Cavs, the Thunder, Warriors, or Celtics.

You're not watching the Rockets play the Jazz on a Wednesday night. Shut the **** up. You're not qualified to talk about the Rockets or Harden because if you actually did you would understand why the bullshit you're saying is idiotic.

Those talking points come from someone that definitely doesn't watch the Rockets, or Harden on a consistent basis, and hasn't been watching the Rockets these past few years.

When people say **** like "Harden stats are inflated because of D'Antoni", that is a clear cut indicator of someone who has NOT been watching the Rockets, because of you have been watching the Rockets you would have known that Harden was averaging almost 29/8/6 with JB ****ing Bickerstaff. trash shooters like Corey Brewer, and Dwight wasting possessions trying to establish his garbage ass post game.

I can take Harden criticism, but I can't take Harden criticism from guys who DON'T WATCH ROCKETS GAMES.

#151 Mr. Space City, Dec 7, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  12. HtownTrill

HtownTrill Member

ESPN only has two analyst that actually know basketball Jalen Rose and TMac

roslolian and DonKnock like this.
  13. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Harden ain't winning ****. Just face it, the majority of the media don't want him to succeed. They need a "villain" they can root against in the playoffs since there are so many bandwagon Cavs and Warrior fans. If they make them out to be villains, the fans would stop clicking on their articles.

DonKnock and Rocket River like this.
  14. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

I don't get why anyone comments on media people who are basically hired to be contrarians. Since Skip left, how has Max been any different? His 'views' are basically scripted....

15. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I was just about to post this exact same thing. I don't even pay attention to any of the "opinions" of their talking heads. Their job is to get attention, and to get people to watch, not dole out actual sports knowledge.

Kellerman is a smart sports guy, I remember him before he was on first take. I'm sure Skip Bayless was a quality reporter once upon a time as well. But they both sold out to the hot take, get ratings mentality. It has worked, they are both better financially for it, but you shouldn't take their statements as any reflection of their actual opinion, or their overall knowledge.

Elephant810 and DonKnock like this.
  16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

A friend of mine who lives in LA (where Kellerman has a radio show) confirms that Kellerman is a shitbag dumbass homer. That he also is a hollow hot take artist is not surprising.

That said, he is exactly what ESPN wants. And I just don't get why people still tune into him on ESPN just so they can get angry about it.

luckyman76 and DonKnock like this.
  17. Rockets4Life13

They all act like Harden put up 18/4/5 before D'Antoni lol.

Harden is, by all metrics, the best regular season player as of now which would make him the MVP

Pen15clubber likes this.
  18. tinman

Supporting Member

This generation is infatuated with what other people think regardless if they have an expertise on the subject
    Look how bad the rap music is , can't you see the decline?

19. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Who gives a s***?

tinman likes this.
  20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

The seem to forget mda was ran out of town by 3 teams before he lucked out with harden

DonKnock and Rockets4Life13 like this.