1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Seattle Times] Warren Moon Sued for Sexual Harassment

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Huricane, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Huricane

Huricane Contributing Member

Seahawks broadcaster and former Husky star Warren Moon sued for sexual harassment

Not sure where to put this thread since the Oilers don't exist / moved to Tennessee.

I grew up a Cincinnati Bengals fan in the 80's but began to follow the Oilers after moving to Houston.
    Eventually, I became an Oilers fan and then a Texans fan.

I remember going to the Astrodome to watch the Oilers play when Moon used to quarterback the team. The Oilers were a fun team to watch with their run-and-gun offense that Moon used to man. There were a few years when they had Superbowl hopes.

Warren Moon just came across as a down to earth, family guy without all the hoopla and the brash in your face trash talk. He just came across as a genuine good guy.

On a side note, here is a link to the website for the person that is suing for sexual harressment.

Wendy Haskell
    http://wendyhaskell.tumblr.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 Huricane, Dec 6, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I will always be a MOON Fan.
    I hope this turns out to not be true . . . ..

Rocket River

macho GRANDE likes this.
  3. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Still throws the best spiral in football. I try not to think about the wife beating or this type of stuff, but choose to remember his playing days.

4. red

red Contributing Member

Wasn't it not common knowledge that he beat his wife back in his Houston days. Or am I misremembering.

5. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I too think it's common knowledge, at least with older Houston sports fans. I remember a story where his wife (ex?) was driving around after she called 911 yelling that Moon beat her and threatened to kill her, and Moon was chasing her in his car, and the cops were scrambling trying to find him. It was back in the day when scaring your wife into dropping charges was normal. As Houston kids, we also saw Moon at events hitting on women, but that's small potatoes in comparison to all the wife-beating and death-threat stuff. Yup, my favorite Oiler growing up and quite the scumbag if you think back.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Seems like the thing to do today.

7. mick fry

mick fry Member

Houstunna likes this.
  8. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Moon has always been a POS but fans overlooked it because he was a good qb.

Hank McDowell likes this.
  9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

We were all wondering when it was going to hit the sports world..

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

I am very disappointed. He was a hero of mine. Wonder if Watson will wear his jersey anymore? Likely not. In this storm of accusations, his accuser is actually taking him to court.

Marteen likes this.
  11. Huricane

Huricane Contributing Member

Delete

#11 Huricane, Dec 6, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  12. conquistador#11

WE MEN!

=/

nono likes this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

Warren Moon is the most obvious example of racism in the NFL against black quarterbacks. He had size, strength, was mobile, smart and an incredible arm. After dominating in college he had to go to the CFL and set records for years before he got a shot at the NFL. Once he was brought over by the Oilers he was on some bad teams and was treated poorly by fans across the country. I will always feel he was dealt a bad hand just because he was black and had the audacity to think he could be a starting QB. Most people would have given up and Moon never did. So he will always have a soft spot to me. His childhood was rough too, he avoided gangs.

Still, the reality is that when it comes to women; Warren Moon is a scumbag and is very lucky he hasn’t gone to jail for an extended period of time. He was well known for his frequent stops with strippers and prostitutes around Houston. However he also was accused of beating his wife in front of his 7 year old son. He also had harassment claims by cheerleaders in some of his stops.

Just have to accept that regardless of how nice he was to me, or how many free charity events he did without media attention (he did a number of them) or how many young men he mentored (athletes and not).... none of that excuses or off sets how he has treated women for decades.

14. Nook

Nook Member

God damn you are ignorant.

15. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Really hoping this isn't true.

16. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

The downside of the Power of the P.

17. texian

texian Member

The lawsuit, filed Monday in Orange County, California, also alleges that Moon, 61, committed sexual battery by grabbing the woman’s crotch during a trip to Seattle this year. The suit further accuses Moon of pulling off the woman’s bathing suit after slipping a drug into her drink during a separate trip to Mexico in October.
    The plaintiff, Wendy Haskell, 32, was hired as Moon’s executive assistant in July and traveled with him on a weekly basis for speaking engagements, charity events and personal appearances, according to the lawsuit. She alleges that she was demoted by the firm in October after she complained about Moon’s sexual advances.
    In May 1995, he was sued by a Vikings cheerleader who accused him of sexual harassment, alleging that he offered her cash for sex. The case was settled out of court days later.

Two months after that, Moon was arrested in Texas after the quarterback’s wife, Felicia, told police that he had slapped and choked her in their mansion near Houston.

Moon told reporters that the couple had an argument and that he had made “a tremendous mistake.” He reconciled with his wife, who declined to press charges.

Authorities in Texas charged Moon with assault anyway, but he was acquitted by a jury after his wife testified that she had provoked the fight. They divorced in 2001.

According to the new lawsuit, Moon required Haskell to stay in his hotel room during business trips, sleep in the same bed and wear “skimpy thong lingerie bottoms” as nightclothes. When she protested, he replied that she had to comply to keep her job and said that “his prior assistant accepted the same arrangement,” the lawsuit states.

And the problem is...?

macho GRANDE likes this.
  18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Saw Warren Moon at TMC on the regular back in the day

RasaqBoi likes this.
  19. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

20. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

[​IMG]

I've also seen Warren Moon at at Strip Clubs on numerous occasions. This is blown out of proportion but then again I don't want to bash anyone that is sensitive to these subjects. If Moon is caught with something like that............

Robert Horry will be the next Houston athlete coming up. Just saying...

Houstunna and csj like this.