1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who are Your 5 Favorite Players to Watch and Why?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Reeko, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

1. Harden - he’s so crafty and skilled...the step backs, Euro’s, ballhandling ability, change of pace, and passing ability is so fun to watch...no player in the NBA makes the game look as easy and effortless as he does

2. Kyrie - insane ballhandling, unique finishing ability, tough shot making, scoring ability, and clutch play...this season has been a little awkward tho since I have been forced to root for Boston’s demise, Harden vs. Kyrie for MVP shouldn’t even be a thing

3. Devin Booker - this dude flat out gets buckets...he’s 1 of the best young scorers in the game...he’s pretty crafty, and his jumper is beautiful...he can get hot at anytime and explode for 20+ point quarters...I mainly have to just catch his highlights because PHX as a team is so hard to watch

4. Isaiah Thomas - the ability to get buckets like he can at his size is incredible...he’s very crafty and skilled with the ball

5. Embiid - he plays with a lot of joy, and I love how hype he gets the Philly crowd...the Sixers are the EC team I watch the most...I pray this dude can stay healthy

as u can probably tell, I love me some crafty guards that can get buckets...players who rely on skill and not just athleticism

2. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

1) harden

2) curry

3) chris paul

4) lebron

5) embiid

Would describe more why this is my tier list of excitement but too early lol.

3. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Harden - who is just a magician. Crafty, high IQ and MVP candidate every year who just toys with defenses a lot of times.

Lebron - who can arguably be considered goat and just his raw dominance and athletic ability. When he flips his switch of caring it’s crazy to watch.

Giannis - who is just a freak of nature from an athletic standpoint. Such a unicorn, I want him to continue growing his game and gain an outside shot.

Embiid - who just has a great swagger both off the court but on the court. Really wish this kid health as he could be the phenomenal Big of this generation. Really can dominate both sides of the ball.

Jokic - who is so unique yet sooooo fun to watch. For being as unathletic as he is he can really control and dominate a game. His passing from the 5 is spectacular to watch and just makes their offense so original.

Reeko, Nook, Koperboy and 1 other person like this.
  4. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

1. Harden: same reasons as above. He is absolute joy to watch and he doesn't look to draw fouls on driving as often as couple of years ago, so he's really aggressive every time he steps on court

2. Devin Booker: I think he can get much better than Klay, as he can create for others and not only for himself, and his catch-and-shoot technique is lightning quick. He's still a bit shaky at crossovers/dribbling, but he's showing great potential there too.

3. Ben Simmons: he looks a bit slow against most of competition, and yet he gets it done with such ease. I especially like when he slowrolls to the rim and suddenly explodes for a dunk

4. Dragić: a bit biased here, hehe

5. Aaron Gordon: he is literally growing in front of our eyes. He is exploring areas where he can get better and just when you think he is near his ceiling, he moves the goal post a bit further.

Reeko and BigMaloe like this.
  5. OTMax

OTMax Member

1. Giannis - just insane length, speed, versatility and does it on both ends of the floor
    2. Embiid - his attitude, the joy he plays with, his footwork and just all-round game
    3. Kawhi - just a pure basketball player, can shoot from anywhere and just does his work on both ends of the court without all the hoopla
    4. CP3 - dribbling wizard, crisp passing, crazy vision, defense, leadership and his shot is just beautiful
    5. Ben Simmons - with that length, what he can do already is a joy to behold

Honorable mention:
    - Beverley - just love to watch him compete, get in guys heads and sets the tone. Too bad he's out
    - Harden - this year, he's shown some fire again, a lot less silly looking for fouls and when he gets hot, it's fun to watch.
    - Curry - the ease with which he gets off crazy shots and long range bombs is insane. This year haven't seen much of him though since I don't like the mouthguard cocky attitude.

6. Mr. Space City

1. Kyrie: Good for a few oohs and aahs per game. Playground handle, absurd finishing ability around the basket, outrageous ability to shoot off the dribble.

2. Curry: Greatest shooter of all time. Can pull up anywhere at any time for any distance. Crafty around the basket.

3. Lebron: Such a smart high iq player. Makes the right play 90% of the time. Unstoppable in the paint. now starting to hiT tough mid range shots (post fadeaways),

4. Embiid: So skilled. excellent footwork. Bringing back the art of the big man post up game. Word to the gawd Hakeem.

5. Harden: So smooth and subtle. Killer stepback. Hits contested shots at an elite level. killer handle. master of exploiting space.

7. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Great mention with bev!

Although, while a great great player, kawhi is boring af to watch. Literally one of most boring stars to watch imo

To each his own.

8. PatBev

PatBev Member

Kyrie
    Harden
    Steph
    Embiid
    Tatum- lakers ****ed up picking Lonzo over him

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kawhi Leonard
    Nikola Jokic
    Demarcus Cousins
    James Harden
    Kristaps Porzingis

10. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Not in any particular order but definitely
    1) Harden- I mean come on you see it every night with him, he seems to get better individually plus LITERALLY makes his teammates around him a lot better. I'm glad the whole (cant play with Harden) narrative is slowly dying away, we all knew that was complete bs. His defensive efforts is noticeably better too. To the outside world though none of this matters til he proves it in the postseason and I feel it that this is the year he starts getting the respect that he's earned.
    2.) Devin Booker- he's quickly becoming more and more noticed. I thought he was just a one trick pony but this dude has potential All Pro caliber in a couple of years.
    3.) Demarcus Cousins- I just want Boogie to be successful gotdammit.
    4.) Kristaps Porzingis - its like liking Dirk Nowitski without having to like Dirk Nowitski
    5.) Patrick Mccaw- saw him put in WORK against the Rockets last year, been a fan since. Doesn't get talked about a lot but the dude is a baller.

11. jbasket

jbasket Member

Dion Waiters
    Dioyne Waiters
    Dion Waiterz
    Dionysus Waitiers
    Walter Dion

12. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Lance Stevenson
    Corey Brewer
    Raymond Felton
    JR Smith
    Dion Waiters

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some of the Top 5 tricksters

BigMaloe and FLASH21 like this.
  14. photojoe

photojoe Member

CP3
    Harden
    Ariza
    Anderson
    Capela

BigMaloe and Rockets4Life13 like this.
  15. kevcai

kevcai Member

I'm on the same boat as you in loving skilled guards that score. That's why CJ and Lillard are up there in terms of favorite players to watch. Both are super crafty -- especially CJ with his hesitations, pull-ups, floaters etc. An underrated one is also Kemba Walker with his quickness/ball handling wizardry.

Reeko likes this.
  16. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Kinda surprised curry isnt on everyones list lol.

I aways hope they lose and hate the warriors but dude is pretty electric

17. Rockets4Life13

Harden (obvious reasons)

CP3- Point god- nuff said.

Paul George - smooth game, sweet jumper, good defender, athletic.

oh. forgot the 5.

4. Embiid

5. Simmons

#17 Rockets4Life13, Dec 5, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  18. basketballholic

1. Crispy

2. Steph

3. Jokic

4. Draymond/soon to be joined by Bell (defense)

5. Harden

6. Ben

7. Giannis

8. Kristaps

9. Millsap

10. Joel

11. Lonzo

=========================

In case you want to know why Rubio is not on my list, he normally would be. As you can see I love great passers. And Rubio is all that. But the Jazz offense (like the Spurs) is a ball movement/passing offense. They probably pass the ball more than any team except possibly the Spurs. Haven't checked that but I've watched enough games I'm pretty sure the Jazz have to be at the top of the league in number of passes per possession. That being the case, Rubio doesn't get to shine as much individually like a player like Jokic does. So I left him off the list.

However I'd put the Jazz right under the Rockets/Warriors as far as teams I like to watch play. Because of that great ball movement. They're fun to watch.

Guys I hate watching play:
    1. Russ
    2. Russ
    3. Russ
    4. Russ
    5. Russ
    99. Russ
    100. LeBron

19. omgTHEpotential

Giannis
    Porzingis
    Jokic
    Kawhi
    Tatum

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

love CJ...his ballhandling and midrange game are so fun to watch...he also has a nice jumper