1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Bill O'Brien

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DonnyMost, Sep 23, 2016.

?

Should we fire Bill O'Brien?

1. Yes

76.0%
  2. No

15.9%
  3. Abstain (for the moment)

8.2%
  1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The other 7 quarterbacks show the organization what?

Rocket River

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Those 7 games also showed how O'Brien is an imbecile with clock management, situational play calling and overall leadership.

3. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

So to reiterate... who's the replacement? Who is out there that would make the most sense for this team and Deshaun's development?

4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I think the overall consensus of the firing of Bill OBrien is everybodys okay with it, even his supporters. I am one of those supporters, but Id be okay if he stays and gets more time with Watson or if he gets canned after the year. Either way, its whatever to me.

A_3PO likes this.
  5. REEKO_HTOWN

I'm the same. I give him no props for what he did with Watson. He choose to start Savage after giving him more reps than Watson in the preseason. He made his bed and Savage **** all over it. Watson has won despite O'Brien, not because of him.

If they extend BOB they are just doing mediocre things.

craigharmann likes this.
  6. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Um...Savage looked better in the Pre-Season. Im saying that even though I wanted Watson to start. I don't think ANYONE knew Deshaun would light-up the league in his 2nd start (first with a full week of practice). NO ONE predicted that he would go bonkers with the stats he put up in those 5 games after the Bengals' game. No rookie has EVER done that. You can't blame the Texans for being cautious. Look at Trubisky, he has been terrible with the Bears. Look at the chiefs. Even with Smith struggles, Mahomes is planted on the bench.

red5rocket likes this.
  7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/32for32x171205/nfl-2017-rating-job-security-every-head-coach

Canadiandude and ghettocheeze like this.
  8. texian

texian Member

Braddock continues on with his personal hate crusade against O'Brien. If O'Brien for some reason is coaching here in 2018 he'll be the unhappiest man in America. What a ******* loser.

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I thought this was a Fire Bill O'Brien thread. Funny how is swings over to Ricky McNair.
    Some of us just can't stay on topic.

And yes Bill should be fired.

10. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...017-21-names-candidates-watch-hirings-firings

Here's ESPN's list of the 21 coaches we "should know." It includes both Patriots coordinators (Patricia and McDaniels), Jim Harbaugh, and even John Gruden.

Anyone on this list that would excite us as a fan base or aid in Deshaun's development? Here's the list with ESPN's commentary deleted:

Familiar name
    Hot coordinators
    New names on the circuit
    Other names to watch

11. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

In case you have forgotten, this is what offensive guru Bill O'Brien designed with Savage at QB in the preseason -- a team that would have gone 1-15.

Don't let O'Brien ride Watson's coattail into keeping his job for another season. He deserves no slack. Watson is a product of his own greatness, not O'Brien's design or coaching.

FIRE O'BRIEN!!!

12. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

We've seen how it is when tired old names get new chances to coach after a year or two of being a coordinator. Whizenhunt and Del Rio showed they're still who we thought they were.

13. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

How much better is better? I only watched the Saints preseason game and I wish I could say that was one of the worst games I've ever watched, but there's been SO MANY of those kind goose egg, give-up games in BOB's history already.

Looking at the game logs, Savage could not have been so much better that he locked up the position there was only 1 TD in preseason games 1 and 2. But who's to say anyway because we were looking at both qb's through a twisted lens of BOB's broken pre-Watson system. The Bengals game in week 2 was just as bad, if not for some single handed, independent-of-coach, scrambling magic from Watson. Good for BOB for putting together a system midseason to reach some crazy heights. I personally don't think he'd be the only guy out of the league's top 16 coordinators or assistants that can do the same, while also improving all the other crap we have to see outside of Deshaun.

14. conquistador#11

Eww2 Josh McDaniels last thing I want is some guy thinking he's God because he had the privilege to coach when tim bradie was under center, then goes around the league trying to enforce the uggs catalog on his new team. Then wonders why it isn't working when he's lining up empty backfield from his own 1 yard line.

15. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I want O'Brien to stay.

If we fire him, he'll get another job quickly. Could be a Bellicheck type situation, as well. Not comparing the two, just saying if we fire him, he'd very possibly go on to coach another team for 20 years.

Hard to judge a guy during the most injury riddled season I've ever seen a football team have. Maybe not by sheer numbers, but by the quality and frequency of our good players getting hurt.

16. texian

texian Member

He's leaving.

Possibles are TEN/DET/NYJ/IND/NYG. Be interesting to see who he chooses.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

We'll all look back on Savage's injury when Bill is in a deposition testifying about his staffs negligence.

It will be a lawsuit Savage will win too. The coaches pulled him because they knew if he took another shot he'd be dead.

BigShasta likes this.
  18. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

There are Some fans in here that I am glad don’t make desicions.

BoB is a good coach.

We are a Super Bowl contender with his offense and an improved secondary.

19. craigharmann

craigharmann Member

What about with his coaching better? His clock management?? An offensive line?? All need to go with that improved secondary....which needs to be about as gutted as the O Line.

20. rawbrah

rawbrah Member

Dumb. Bill O’Brien has already shown he can win with marginal talent.

But when you completely stripped talent from the team to its bare bone, you’re asking for impossible. Injuries happens, but Rick Smith has done the job of depleting talent from this team.

Hate seeing home grown products like bouye or Glover killing it for their team

Hank McDowell likes this.