1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Lonzo Ball thread.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jacoby, Jul 8, 2017.

1. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I see. But without shooting what is it lonzo has? It would still be an insult to include him in class with dunleavy.
    Ball is not rodman pulling rebounds.
    His speciality is having the most expensive retail shoes on court

At this point to think he is any kind of leader as magic projected is absolutely laughable.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I watched him a lot. UCLA was loaded with gifted offensive players who killed other teams after receiving those passes. It made Lonzo look a lot better than he really was. In the NBA it isn't so easy.

#542 A_3PO, Dec 4, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  3. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

exactly, I feel like people just repeat the same lines over and over without actually watching him play. He hasn't shown any elite passing besides an occasional good pass but most of his passing is just a regular pass on the perimeter to his teammates. Maybe he does have it in him, but he has not shown it yet.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If people want to see elite passing in a rookie, they need to watch Ben Simmons.

Richie_Rich and RiceRockets like this.
  5. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Yall see clint with lavar on instagram? Lmao.

Maybe lakers will throw huge money at clint this offseason

6. Normalus

Normalus Member

Edited.

7. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Who wouldn't buy Clint's BBB shoe?

8. Normalus

Normalus Member

Only guys with big balls, I guess. (ironically)

9. dmoneybangbang

His heart isn't into pro bball.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

We all knew it would eventually happen: Lavar went rogue on the Lakers. This is totally awesome!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...is-disgusted-and-not-used-to-losing-like-this

LaVar Ball Says Lonzo Is 'Disgusted' and 'Not Used to Losing Like This'
    SCOTT POLACEKDECEMBER 5, 2017

[​IMG]
    David Zalubowski/Associated Press
    The 8-15 Los Angeles Lakers have lost five straight games, and LaVar Ball says his son is "disgusted."

The Ball family patriarch appeared on SiriusXM NBA Radio on Tuesday and discussed his eldest son, Lakers point guard Lonzo Ball, and Lonzo's reaction to his team's form: "He's disgusted. He's not used to losing like this. The Lakers should build around Lonzo. Why are they sitting him down and not starting him [in] the fourth quarter? This is why the record is raggedy."

Ball didn't play in the fourth quarter of Sunday's loss to the Houston Rockets and finished with just two points on 0-of-4 shooting in 22 minutes.

Tania Ganguli of the Los Angeles Times noted there was a reason the UCLA product sat on the bench. He experienced tightness in his calves, and head coach Luke Walton said there was no reason to push him given that the game was out of reach.

LaVar—never shy to offer his opinion—has weighed in on the Lakers' coaching strategy already this season. In November, he told Eric Pincus of Bleacher Report: "They're soft. They don't know how to coach my son. I know how to coach him. I tell him to go get the victory. Stop messing around."

On Monday, Chris Haynes of ESPN.com reported the Lakers were enforcing what some employees deemed the "LaVar Ball rule," which prevents media members from gathering in an area with players' families and associates after games.

"It's not a new policy; it's an existing policy," a team spokesperson said. "There has been more media presence in that area than before. That section is strictly for family and guests of players. It's a privacy concern."

While LaVar blamed Los Angeles' record on Lonzo's lack of playing time, the rookie has experienced shooting woes this season. He is hitting just 31.3 percent of his attempts and 25.0 percent of his threes as he adjusts to the NBA.

He is also playing 32.9 minutes per night—third-most on the team—which suggests LaVar's angst about playing time may be misplaced.

11. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

12. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

The only thing "raggedy" is his son's jump shot.

13. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

the clown got excuses for everything for his kids, from stealing to being a bust, just wait til all 3 kids get tired of playing basketball for their pimpin daddy

14. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Would it be crazy to say gelo would be doing better as a rookie at this point?

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't think the other two Ball boys have enough talent to make it to the NBA, only maybe as ball boys (pun intended). Lonzo is the family's only hope, and Lavar knows it.

Yung-T likes this.
  16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I mean outside of shooting or scoring, Lonzo is doing a serviceable job considering all the scrutiny and hype he is getting.

LiAngelo and LaMelo aren't going to get drafted. Training camp invite? Sure, but I doubt a team blows a draft pick on him.

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I think LaMelo has decent talent, especially scoring-wise. His ego is way too inflated though and he seems to think he's already a star.

No NBA coach would put up with this crap.

Easy likes this.
  18. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Well that’s from what’s we’ve seen of him playing with his friends and messing around, but I think they are actually disciplined when they want to be. They will listen and eventually at some point tune out Dad.
    And your right, melo will be the best one I think.

19. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Frankenberry with the GW dish..

20. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I think it might've been a bit premature for everyone to call a 20-year old potential triple double machine a bust for having one fixable flaw. Also, Lamelo will certainly be drafted, but highly doubtful Liangelo will