1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most overrated Player?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rockets4Life13, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Rockets4Life13

I'd like to hear what you guys think who is the most overrated player.

For me, an obvious answer is Westbrook because we all know that he's a stat first guy.

But I think the most overrated player might be KAT. He puts up good numbers and can really score but hell he is such a liability on defense and it's not because he lacks the body to play good defense but because it seems like his brain is incapable of playing defense. Most GMs would pick KAT first if they were to start their Franchise today and i just don't see it. He has talent tho, but to me he is highly overrated

BigMaloe likes this.
  2. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

James Frauden obviously, I hates him

4. da_juice

da_juice Member

Klay Thompson is probably the luckiest mfer in the world. He's good at what he does but is spoiled by playing next to Curry and Durant.

Remember when OKC was going to trade Harden for him and GSW said no? Oops.

Raider17 and joeson332 like this.
  5. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Lonzo
    Jeremy lin
    Melo

6. MVP4THREE

MVP4THREE Member

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Russ: There is no way in hell he is better than Harden or a top 5 player. This dude is so flawed. ESPN puts Harden 8th when that’s really where Russ belongs. MVP my ass...

Klay: He’s limited offensively, and people act like he’s an elite, lockdown defender. It’s hilarious that Harden vs. Klay used to actually be a thing. That was a joke from the jump.

Draymond Green can get pretty overrated. KAT is a good one too, his defense is a huge issue. Kyrie gets overrated at times too.

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Not sure who's the most overrated, but i think there are different players kinda overrated, Irving (talking about him as the MVP is pathetic), Davis (even though not as much as he was a couple of years ago, bad team results year after year are just now catching up i guess), Kat...just to say a few, probably there're others though.

9. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Dont hate the player, hate the game

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Giannis antekumpo and Kyrie Irving.

11. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Karl Anthony Towns is where I was going to go... he is still young so we will see

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

by far cousins

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

patrick beverley

J.R. likes this.
  14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

No smart GM would pick him in their top 5.

Bad defensive instincts are usually the kind of thing that sticks. You certainly can improve your defensive awareness, but typically if that improvement hasn't happened in the first few years, it won't. Front court defense is absolutely critical, they can cover perimeter mistakes, but often nobody can cover their mistakes. To have such a massive liability playing 35 minutes simply won't get you anywhere if he's a tent pole player for your franchise. He is playing with Thibs, Butler and Taj Gibson, yet he still isn't making headway. That would scare the hell out of me.

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

• Carmelo Anthony (missing piece? LOLOLOL)
    • Paul George
    • Lonzo Ball
    • ClutchFans favorites Michael Beasley & Josh Smith
    • Eric Bledsoe
    • Wolves Jimmy Butler, Karl Anthony-Towns & Andrew Wiggins
    • Pelicans DeMarcus Cousins, Jrue Holiday & Anthony Davis
    • Blake Griffin
    • Kyrie Irving
    • Busty big men Nerlens Noel & Jahlil Okafor

#15 J.R., Dec 5, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    Richie_Rich likes this.
  16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Jimmy Butler. Dude is a broke man's James Harden and if he doesn't get Its he sucks.

17. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

All time's gotta be Kobe. Not saying he's bad but he shouldn't be anywhere near the GOAT convo.

Houstunna and jeevinesh like this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He will always have this on him though. Bad ass play.

[​IMG]

19. Wylo

Wylo Member

Butler and Harden are not similar in anyway. If anything, Butler is more like broke man's Kawhi.

#19 Wylo, Dec 5, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  20. Wylo

Wylo Member

My list:

Lonzo : Definition of overhyped.

Westbrook : still befuddles me why so many people consider him a top 5 player. I mean, seriously?

KAT : Literally has the worst DRPM among centers (http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/page/2/sort/DRPM/position/9)

Klay : Glorified 3&D player. D is not as good as advertised.

Draymond : Some put him near top 10 (that's crazy); if Draymond was on any other team he wouldn't even be top 20.

Carmelo : obviously.

Paul George : extremely streaky offensively; has subpar handles and lack explosiveness; can't drive to the rim, so his scoring mainly relies on jumpers.

Blake : not as athletic as he once used to be; his shooting is not good enough to play the way he plays outside.

Butler : does many things OK, not great in any one area; lost a step defensively.

John Wall : can't be considered an elite PG if you can't shoot these days; also overrated defensively.

DeRozan : has one of the lowest career TS% among All-Star players; atrocious in the playoffs; probably one of the worst perimeter defenders in the league (yes, way worse than Harden)

Kyrie : not an MVP caliber player, belongs on the same tier as Lillard; tries to avoid contact (opposite of Harden), so expends way too much energy with all the dribbling and nifty moves to shake off his defenders and score two points; beautiful to watch, but will never average 30 PPG playing that way.

#20 Wylo, Dec 5, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    Houstunna and whozee like this.