1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2017-18]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 9, 2017.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Our first place team often starts two TE's. Gronk and Ertz. I don't believe I play him this week, so won't benefit from his TE situation. In fact, he has a lower waiver claim number... so I am expecting him to grab the TE I am targeting.

2. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Thanks for the Agholor advice brehs! Pretty much got me in the playoffs and could help me with seeding too depending on how tonight goes!

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Career day for Nelson but brutal day for the rest of the Eags. Carson seemed a bit keyed up. Boy better settle it down for the fantasy playoffs.

4. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I benched Antonio Brown tonight and will now miss the playoffs after a 4 point loss. Need advice on how not to be so damn stupid.

5. CallMeTheDream

I’d stick with ASJ and go after Goodwin and Barber

6. NewRoxFan

Thanks... after last nights game and Mixon injury the RB position became a bit more important. Between Barber, Davis and Gio Bernard, who would you target first? If all three are not available, between Riddick, KcKissic and Cohen?

Hopefully Goodwin slips through and I can wait to see Mixon's status. Since its win r go home from this point... gotta focus on this week's game even if it means getting rid of a better player down the road.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

wow haha. you never bench arguably the top overall pick in fantasy

8. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

All right fellas, it's playoffs time. I have never felt better about a team heading into the playoffs, but my flex decision is F'n nightmare. Right now I'm leaning Stills against the Pats D. Also up for decision is whether I should Olsen coming off of injury in a tough match up or Charles Clay against a favorable match up. HELP MEEEEE

12 team league. Standard scoring.

[​IMG]

#808 kevC, Dec 5, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

@kevC honestly, id search for better TE options if possible. neither of them are starter worthy imo. the only other spot is your flex where you can go multiple ways but other than that, lineup looks good

agholor could still be a good option at flex w/ ertz possibly missing this week

10. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Not possible, have 1 waiver wire dollar left for emergency Drew Brees injury. This is a set team. Also, everyone hogs TE's on their roster so not a lot of great options anyways.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

gotcha. well your TE is pretty much a crapshoot. no taylor at qb hurts clay a lot. and olsen is limited if he plays. hopefully it doesnt come down to that position for you as far as win/lose. good luck man

12. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Thanks breh. Any thoughts on the flex though? It's literally 5 legit choices D:

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

is that ppr or standard league

14. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Standard.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

im sticking with agholor.

16. NewRoxFan

Ouch. Curious, who did you bench him for?

17. NewRoxFan

Agree with Scholar. Bet PHI wants to put up huge numbers this week.

Re TE, ugh, I'd worry about the to gamble on Olsen coming off an injury, but Clay is playing an improved D and the possibility of Peterman at QB. I guess watching practice reports on Olsen and Taylor.

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I have Ertz and Walker at TE and STILL may be screwed at the position haha

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

walker is a great TE and an every week starter

20. NewRoxFan

Started seeing week 14 rankings and the CBS analysts and Bleacher Report are pooping all over Cousins, ranking him in the late teens. Fantasy Pros and Sporting News have him in the 7 to 12 range. So natch I am starting to worry after the last two weeks. Should I stay with Cousins vs LAC or switch to McCown vs DEN, Bortles vs SEA, or Dalton vs CHI? Also, Winston vs DET?

#820 NewRoxFan, Dec 5, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2017