1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 12/3/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 3, 2017.

1. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

The two aren't mutually exclusive within the context of an entire game - playmaking and running around off the ball. I'm in favor of diversifying the offense even if just by 2-3 plays a game.. that's all.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

pretty sure MDA, Harden, Cp3 discussed this and just didn't put a quota on it

bigger things to worry about turnovers, defense, injury, fatigue, maintaining hardens 3fg%, improving everyone elses 3fg%

3. Drogba

Drogba Member

Harden isn't the best until he studies how JJ Redick, Kyle Korver & Klay Thompson run around a bunch of screens to get their shot off.

Remlap, DwangBoy, D-rock and 4 others like this.
  4. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Magnificent
    Magnificent
    Magnificent

Man this team is so fun to watch. Talk about explosive. In the third quarter when the Lakers went on a nice ash run. I was like dang we allowed these chumps back into the game. As soon as I said that, bam we were back up 18. I was like holly smoke batman. Within a blink of an eye we hit 3 quick three's. Defense tighten up and blowout City is what they call us now.

This is by far the longest I believe Harden has been this sizzling hot.

Great win Htown!

D-rock, don grahamleone and hakeem94 like this.
  5. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

Well TBH, James doesn't need to be wide open to hit his 3's. He's actually pretty deadly with someone in his face this year. Also with all the running and screening, they occasionally run it but the team offense is all about spacing and the PNR and then movement off of the PNR.

Plus the Harden freakout isn't a big deal. He must have saw something or had an advantage he wanted to exploit. KD did the same thing a couple times last season and it turned out okay for them

6. valorita

valorita Member

Larry Nance was bitter that Harden got most of his points (blaming refs?) in the free throw line and that overall the disparity was the difference.

Rox 17fts
    Lakers 30
    Harden 6/7

What game did he play?

Youths...

Player conspiracy

RocketWalta, D-rock, Reeko and 4 others like this.
  7. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

I liked that the Rockets took some mid range shots yesterday in rhythm without hesitation when they saw that the paint was crowded:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Compares better with GSW's shot chart for the season where there's a lot of hot spots in the mid range as well:
    [​IMG]

The Rockets shot chart for the season for comparison:
    [​IMG]

#767 srrm, Dec 4, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  8. Rocket Freak

Rocket Freak Contributing Member

Making opponents defend mid range will open up the lane and down town even more. Unbeatable.

Htownballer38 likes this.
  9. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

yea noticed they took quite a bit of mid range but they probably just taking shots the defense gives. Luke probably tried to forced the rockets into taking the mid range shots and we did and blew them out lol

10. alethios

alethios Member

Here's the answer to what Chris Paul will make James Harden....

of course, they still have time to hit the clubs after this. Maybe there was a side bet on who buys first! :p

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

12. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

I.D.I.O.T.

13. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

Did Capela actually do a Euro Step in the game, in Q4 after getting the offensive rebound, that was sick.. Imagine if he faces up and learns that move.. I believe he is one of the most versatile centers and can actually use that pretty regularly..

14. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

That would be great. He played soft last night.

So many opportunities to dunk the ball but he went up soft and a turnover was the end result.

With his improved FT stroke he needs to take advantage of being an athletic center near the basket.

D-rock, Rocket River and Pen15clubber like this.
  15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

That was an impressive move. He's had a few times this season where he beat his defender off the dribble. Not really something you want as even your 4th option on offense, but it's still great that he can do that on occasion.

16. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Update on Ryan Threeanderson?

Pen15clubber likes this.
  17. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Ariza is praying for him. His life depends on it. #60mpg

18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Instead of having a fart-attack like ashleyem, I thought, 'hmm I wonder what Harden sees from his angle?' Some folks want to turn everything into something bigger than it is like reality tv producers. It's lame... just like reality tv.

Rocket River and skroodup25 like this.
  19. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

we are going to need Ryan Anderson against Portland and Utah road games.. I think we can still beat them, but with those teams you never know..

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

D-rock likes this.