1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 12/3/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

those guys absolutely hate each other and the media is simply covering it up. why Harden even refers to CP3 as the Midget. shocking.

2. Wylo

Wylo Member

honestly, I don't think it's a big deal and they seem to have a good relationship off the court regardless of what happens on the court. on the other hand, it's not a good look when Harden does that on national TV, and thank god not many people noticed that because if we were playing poorly people would point that as an evidence of Harden and CP3 not fitting in together.

And it's just not Harden, both him and CP3 need to move around more when they are off the ball, because most of the time they are just standing around when the other guys has the ball in his hands.

Mazulis and Little Bit like this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

5. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

That's why I put conflict in quotes, bc I know it was exaggerated. Anyway, I'm not saying harden run around screens all game. I'm saying mix it up and when playing on the floor with CP3, maybe have him do it 3-5 times a game... see what happens at the very least. I haven't seen it once.

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

BMoney, Deuce and Obito like this.
  7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The Rockets are playing fabulously whenever either Harden or CP3 are on the floor, not as well when they are together.
    That needs to improve, They will have to be together more often in tougher regular season games, and especially in the playoffs.

I'm happy that our trio smashed the Lakers apart. Our front court limitations against better players continues to be a problem. PJ can't do it all by himself against physically stronger guys.

D-rock, apollo33 and daywalker02 like this.
  8. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Their athleticism alone should make them good defensively, but yes I agree top 5 is excellent.

SIL

9. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

I really like the hidden competition between harden and paul.... it' bringing out the best in both of them imo

D-rock and don grahamleone like this.
  10. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

I've seen a back door play from harden this year. He can still do it an elite level like he did on OKC and years past with the Rockets believe me.

I'm pretty sure MDA and Cp3 are not even slightly worried about it. Cp3 came to play with elite playmaker/PG Harden and not cutter Reddick/Klay.

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Their transition defense was really impressive. We need to do a better job with it too.

13. craigharmann

craigharmann Member

Not sure why you tagged me in this, but ok.

14. The Greyhound 33

Wow, I can’t believe Magic actually once said that. Welllpppp... look at us now ya lil b****

D-rock and don grahamleone like this.
  15. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

This may be by design. I was saying the same thing until you ask yourself who else can create with the ball in their hands besides EGo? I don't want Trevor taking more than 2 dribbles. Ryno can take about 3, and they are usually lateral moves. Mbah can handing it some I guess. All that to say, I think James and CP don't go too far away from the ball so that they can get it back and then make a play.

16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Morey, MDA, Harden, Cp3 designed offense

17. ballgame

ballgame Member

Missed Zhou Qi last night. Is he with the Vipers? If so, how's he doing?

18. Drogba

Drogba Member

19. riko

riko Member

As Paul Pierce said on the Jum, Harden very well maybe the best player on the planet right now. I still think Lebron is a tad better but not by much.

#760 riko, Dec 4, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    D-rock likes this.