1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2017-18

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 25, 2017.

1. fattz

fattz Member

The Warriors are like playing an all star team... Their team was made 3 or 4 off season ago with the signing of the best players available but solidified by KD. Their team was successful before KD with a wonderful back court and key role players playing just their role. We are like the pre KD Warriors now. To add an all world player would cost so much depth => gutting the team. Anderson is not an all world player or even an all star player he is just one step down though. This year IMO he has been a 2 way player. Is he a lock down defensive master? No, but he is better than 1/2 league this season on the defensive side => 2 way player. If Ariza is a labeled a 2 way player then so is Anderson. My thoughts:
    Anderson O > Ariza D
    Anderson D = / > Ariza O

2. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Lou williams scores 42 points

3. bongman

bongman Member

and lost :p

Pen15clubber likes this.
  4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

A month ago, I would have said yes to Capela/Ryno but right now, I'm not so sure.

5. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Troy, Onauku and Booby for Nerlens.

D-rock likes this.
  6. saleem

I can see Joe Johnson agreeing to join Houston, if he is bought out, but I wonder if Zach Randolph would agree to the same. Zach has some serious inside/ outside game left in him along with pretty decent rebounding at 36 yrs of age. We could use that in a run, in the playoffs. Zach could be insurance for Nene. I somehow don't think he will agree to leave any money on the table though.

BigggReddd likes this.
  7. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

No, just no on the Ariza/Anderson comparisons or trying to sell Ryno. EGo is one step down, Ryno is not at that level. This is about his contract slot, not him and the bolded is the reason why. If he had Ariza's contract this is a different discussion. If you move him you are not gutting the team. You have to pay or trade Capela. I would like any deal to happen before that to selfishly capitalize on the ability to resign him over the cap. Anderson's $20M needs to go and combined with whoever can get you whatever you want IF you can make a trade. It is more likely at this point that no trade happens because events have made the players we want unobtainable. This gets back to my point about opportunity cost. We couldn't move Ryno because the player did not match the contract. Those details are tied together and you have to think that way. The Rockets have to construct their own team and worry about optimizing their own roster. The Rockets are not the best they can be and that is unanimous. Almost is not going to be good enough for anyone. You have to be willing to do everything you can. The FA we have now are only here because we follow that philosophy. In the meantime, I will enjoy watching Ryno work well with CP3 and hope his shots keeps falling while scanning those unlikely 3 and 4 team trade scenarios.

roslolian and fattz like this.
  8. fattz

fattz Member

Everything stated is spot on. Anderson’s contract saved us from ourselves in the Melo trade, IMO. Making it even better in hindsight. Anderson play THIS SEASON is just like EGo a step down => IF his play stays at this level. Thus his salary. My comparison to Ariza was as a non all star level 2 way player. Anderson has a lot more value than Ariza because of his fit in our system and the modern NBA.

9. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Seems we dont need any trade. We can trade bobby, troy, webber, zhou for some strong player that the coach will give some minutes for the match

10. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

12. bongman

bongman Member

Lakers have a log jam at the forward position. Kuzma, Ingram, Randle, Nance and Deng(old man out). One or 2 of them will be complaining about minutes and they would most likely be trading one of them. Randle might be our best chance as he is coming of the bench and might not be happy about that. The question is, what would they want for him?

13. saleem

If we get Randle for a future first, and a 2nd round pick, I will be pleased. This way, we can retain Zhou Qi too. It may not be that easy to pull it off though. Magic may want a good player, in return.

14. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

If OKC never turns the corner, and Presti is resigned to trading PG13 at the trade deadline rather than lose him for nothing in the summer, would you be willing to offer up Gordon and Capela? Even though OKC doesn't need Capela, he obviously has a lot of value. Presti is going to want value to give up PG13 at the deadline rather than take his chances in the off-season.

The only feasible way I see to get George in the summer is through a sign-and-trade, which I think triggers a hard cap, right? Not sure if we could even retain Capela in that situation. Capologists, feel free to weigh in.

15. saleem

We need another big man plus Capela/Gordon. Let's see if Houston can get a player who can make a Josh Smith impact, after a buyout.

16. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Zach Randolph will buy out?

17. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

I wouldn't even give up a future first for him, unless he's willing to play backup C for us. He's not a happy camper about that in LA. He's been short with the media about that.

The dude has some unique skills, but he's like a poor man's Lamar Odom. He's not as good as he thinks he is, and that's the most basic thing about him I hate. He really think he's some prolific gift. He's more talented than giving up a first, but he may not be worth that. He'd be a negative net impact player.

SIL

saleem likes this.
  18. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

You think we'd give up Capela and Eric for a risk of a 20 game rental of PG?

And do you think Presti would send George to Houston? And do you think there would be no better offers?

Food for thought.

SIL

19. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Paul george suits houston style. 2nd choice is LeBron james.

20. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Harden has to grab the chances of this year to get the championship. Next year, capela, cp3 and some teammates have to sign a new contract may need to left Houston. This is the best chance to get MVP. I think Morey can sign back a cheap and useful player like lou williams, Michael Beasley is already perfect. This year worth to pay the salary tax for useful player to get the champion

D-rock likes this.