1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2017-18

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 25, 2017.

1. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

We would definitely have a good shot against them and with Tucker/Luc/Nene off the bench

This is what I hate about the board... Super small minded to have a shot at Paul George/Championship you take it every time

BigggReddd likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

yup, that series is going at least 6...if we managed to get assurances that PG would re-sign here then that deal is a no brainer

our defense would be insane with PG, Ariza, Tucker, and Moute on the wings...plus there’s CP3 who’s 1 of the best defenders at his position and Clint who is an improving defender

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yes, it would be tough. I would only agree to it, if Ariza could be moved for Crowder.

4. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

JJ is at the top of my wish list also.

His impact could be Carmelo-lite without the "gotta get mine, gimme 20 shots per game" expectations and baggage that accompany a self-centered diva like Melo.

JJ is a guy you could run the offense through in pockets. A smart, crafty one-on-one scorer that can also play the standard 3&D role. A player that for many years was one of the most underrated players in basketball. I used to watch a lot of Atlanta Hawks basketball and I can assure you this guy was out there for 80 games every year being the team's primary scorer, playmaker and wing defender. This guy knows how to play the game and at age 36 isn't out there looking to "get his".

If available, this is about as close to a no-brainer that there is.

JamalP. likes this.
  5. saleem

The good thing about him is that, he is quite athletic despite being 36 years old.

baller4life315 likes this.
  6. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Lou williams, Michael beasley. Bring back these 2 guys, no need all stars can get champion. Lou for cp3, mic for vs spurs

#86 elmotsangtt, Nov 22, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  7. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This post was edited?

8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Said it before I will say it again Marvin Williams

JamalP. likes this.
  9. saleem

Gonna be hard to get him without giving up quite a lot. It might be better to get a cheaper Brandon Bass from China, if he can play defense and provide some spacing.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

For what? He makes 13 mil/yr, so who would we be sending out to match salaries? Also, he has 2 years left on his deal after this season.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  11. JohnMac82

JohnMac82 Member

These guys are playing well and have the best record in the West - and are just now well physically - so what are the reasons for wanting to possibly mess up the good thing the organization has going on?

Rocket River and fattz like this.
  12. fattz

fattz Member

You sir made a 100 on this comment. Why miss with this team at all? I think if a solid return on Capela is out there look heavily into it vs over paying him. Other wise the team is set and will jell even more with time. Thank goodness for yet another trade that didn’t happen. We seem to do better by doing nothing so let’s do just that. Enjoy the best offseason ever as a Rocket fan. Give this group some time and let’s see what happens—> it’s not broken...

JohnMac82 and D-rock like this.
  13. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Not sure what we really need help at but Noel could be an option

D-rock likes this.
  14. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

There is a lot to like in your comment but we always come back to the Ryno contract and the fact that this team is so great but just a little short. If that level of pay was for an all-star player we wouldn't be outgunned. The only realistic targets to move that contract for involves Capela in some deal for Cousins preferably or Gasol. The other involves LBJ at some point and EG to make contracts work. There are no great options but the bill comes due at the end of the season and we have to pay EVERYONE. This is our last chance to really set the roster and the one piece we have that doesn't fit is Ryno. Him at $5M, sure. $20M, hell no.

Beardaholic13 likes this.
  15. Rokman

Rokman Member

Still not sure how any team matches Golden State clicking on all cylinders. It takes 4 perfect games from their opponent come playoff time to beat them. Every one of their stars is in their prime. We have a super solid team that I think could have a great chance to beat the Warriors in a series when it was Barnes and not Durant but when you have a guy like Durant who can outplay any one. The only person you can add to this team while keeping Harden, Paul and Capela and some of your wings like PJ and Amoute is LeBron James. Other than him, I don't think we can beat them in a series.

BigggReddd likes this.
  16. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Some really negative comments from Gasol after being benched for the 4th quarter in the Grizz loss to the Nets. Memphis is going nowhere and Marc is getting fed up.

Would a Gasol for Ryno and Capela swap make sense? You could start Tucker and then all 5 starters can hit the 3. I could also see some lineups of Paul, Harden, Gordon, Ariza/Tucker, Gasol in crunch time.

Just can’t see any other deals moving the needle. The stage is being set for this one to possibly be available.

17. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Dude that is dumb as hell

18. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lmfao

19. fattz

fattz Member

Ryno is not really that over paid anymore. This season he has been playing at a very high level. There are very few two way players that spread the floor in the league that are not all stars. Because of his skill set he should and is compensated well not at an all star level (max) but close to it.

20. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Ryno is horribly overpaid and not a two way player but I think you are missing the main point. I like Ryno and agree he is playing better. This is not about Ryno, just what his cap space could otherwise be doing. When you go against teams like the Warriors with the equivalent of 5 all-stars you are just outmatched. We have Harden, CP3, and a lot of other really good pieces. It is a testament to how good this team is going against teams like those that have more firepower. Can you really say that you have maximized the talent on the roster paying Ryno $20M? No one thinks that and knows with one more piece this is a championship level team. Already damn close.

We have to pay Capela or replace him so the time that the roster will be permanently set is here. Maybe we can get a Cousins or LBJ (doubtful) but Ryno's slot needs to become another front court piece. Would you be complaining if Ryno was gone in exchange for Paul George? That deal is not happening but that is opportunity cost we are giving up. A player like Love, Bosh, Aldridge, Millsap, Horford, even Melo, and finally Ryno was Morey's unicorn/kryptonite. We needed a stretch 4 and could never get one. We have one now but with the shifting we now have a lot of 3&D players that provide us the ability to be competitive with anybody.