1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul Traded to Rockets!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jun 28, 2017.

?

Do you like the trade of Beverley, LouWill, Dekker, Harrell, 1st rounder to LAC for Chris Paul

Poll closed Jul 19, 2017.
  1. YES

676 vote(s)
    88.6%
  2. NO

87 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

People forget early on in his rockets career he had that knee procedure(?) to speed his healing process to come back. ''Twas the origin of the wolverine nickname.

I remember talking about how a role player, it's ok because your just trying to carve a niche and don't wanna lose your time and spot to injury, but if you are a star or high end starter you opt to go the proper route.

Anyone else remember? Correct me if I'm wrong

macho GRANDE likes this.
  2. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I miss Bev and I'm rooting for him, but I was always skeptical of the idea that he'd have some sort of breakout after going to a new team.

He was in the perfect role for his skill-set, and PGs simply do not get better after leaving Mike D'Antoni. If he had another gear as an offensive player, we would have seen it last year.

Wishing him a speedy convalescence.

raining threes and D-rock like this.
  3. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

#2003 Sidarma, Nov 23, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
    raining threes likes this.
  4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I must Apologize to Chris Paul.
    I thought that he was part of the problem in Clipper Land.
    Moreso than In CHarlotte or N.O.
    I know it is early but . . .. I always felt their BIG THREE just was not mentally strong enough
    NOW . . . I am thinking the other two legs maybe the issue

I have never been a HUGE BLAKE fan and DJ is a one trick pony

Harden is infinitely better than Blake and Capela is a less surly DJ

I think this is THE BEST TEAM Paul (and Harden as a Rocket) has had in his career
    and I don't think it is even close

Rocket River

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Morey said this before the season started after whiffing on Melo and some of us were not having any of it.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I was a bit skeptical myself
    However . . .. This is not just about PAUL and HARDEN
    It is about Capela, Gordon, NeNe, Ariza, Anderson, Tucker, Moute, Black
    The team is legit 10 deep

Zhou and Troy have potential

Compare that to the best Clipper Team 2014 - 2015
    2014-15 Los Angeles Clippers Roster
    Matt Barnes
    Reggie Bullock
    Jamal Crawford
    Jared Cunningham
    Glen Davis
    Chris Douglas-Roberts
    Jordan Farmar
    Blake Griffin
    Jordan Hamilton
    Spencer Hawes
    Lester Hudson
    Dahntay Jones
    DeAndre Jordan
    Chris Paul
    J.J. Redick
    Austin Rivers
    Nate Robinson
    Hedo Turkoglu
    Ekpe Udoh
    C.J. Wilcox
    This is the team that beat the Spurs and we came back from 3-1 to beat

Rocket River

7. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Prophetic.

Get well, Wolverine.

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

From the disappointment of Ty Lawson to the relief and satisfaction of Chris Paul

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

10. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

i agree. this is definately the best rocket team i've watched since that TMAC/YAO team that woulda gone to the finals if not for injury. This is definately harden's best supporting cast. We just need one more player at the deadline, we need the guy who gets bought out and gets to sign with a contender on a veteran's minimum deal, and i feel we're the favorites.

PJ Tucker is flat out ballin. i'd say he's an upgrade over beverley with his ability to screen, box-out, push a fast break with handles, post up.

moute is the steal of the century.

chris paul has never had this much room to operate in the half-court...its criminal to watch.

ariza looks rejuvenated to me. it looks like tucker is able to guard those 4s that ariza had to guard before, which wore him down.

nene is a boss.

ryan anderson playing with paul is friggen amazing.

i think we can win it all even without one more piece, if the playoff draw is right. i'm really not worried about golden state. Wonder how the spurs will match up.

i would love to see Joe Chee get some time in the playoffs. he could help us guard some of the their big men.

DonKnock likes this.
  11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

You should really really worry about the Warriors. It will take an epic series to beat them. They are one win form a 3 peat. And now of course have Durant.

12. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

why worry? i think we can match up. this is a different team. those previous years don't mean anything this year. we have to match up with them, but they have to match up with us too.

DonKnock, D-rock and peleincubus like this.
  13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

If it were a normal year or year I would agree. They are a historic team that added a top 20 player all time in his prime to their team, that proceeded to get a finals MVP.

They are more vulnerable then they were last year though. I would assume trying to make a trip the finals 4 years in a row takes its toll. They have played 50+ games the last 3 years in the playoffs.

DonKnock likes this.
  14. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

Capela is much better than DeAndre and the Rockets have a very solid bench while the Clippers had zero bench. You made a giant misread if you ever thought CP3 was the problem with the Clippers, that team is very bad without him.

DonKnock likes this.
  15. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Byron Scott
    Jeff Bower
    Monty Williams
    Vinny del Negro
    Doc Rivers

Those are the NBA coaches Chris Paul has been under. We're not talking about great coaches: before d'Antoni Chris Paul hadn't even had a mediocre coach. Clearly he's been out there learning on the job and doing things on his own until now.

DonKnock and heypartner like this.
  16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think I bought into some of the Media hype
    The whole HE HAS NEVER GOTTEN OUT THE SECOND ROUND hype

When we came back from 3-1 against them
    I think it was the weakness of Blake and DJ that was on full display
    and I don't think he was 100% either (I'm not sure)

Rocket River

DonKnock likes this.
  17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Paul was never close to healthy in that series. Remember that he didn't even play the first 2 games.

I was never sold on CP3's greatness til I watched the Jazz series last season. He was unbelievable against them and almost singlehandedly carried the Clippers to the second round. I can understand why he wanted out after that though. It has to be frustrating having your postseason hopes dashed every year by Blake Griffin's fragile body.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Blake is a second banana that wants to be First
    but doesn't have the health mentally or physically to be the first

Rocket River

19. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Very similar to Hakeem in his early career before Rudy T became the coach of the Rockets.

20. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Clippers franchise is literally cursed.

Clippers is almost as old as the Rockets, 48 years compared to 51. If you rank their regular season winning percentage, the top 6 seasons will be the 6 seasons CP3 was there, this is just unbelievable. Griffin is not only physically fragile, but also not mentally strong enough to win, or rather, he doesn't care that much about winning. After they lost their 9th game in a row in NYC, Griffin was found 4am in a night club with Jenner. Losing doesn't mean nothing to him, it's really painful for CP3, who is a fierce fighter and always want to win, to play with somebody like this.