1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feature] Justice League

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dmenacela, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

In the comics respectively Batman is 6’2 around 230-245 & Superman is 6’3 around 230. Obviously these have varied in different variations of the characters.

2. mrm32

mrm32 Member

My point was that Gyllenhal wouldn't be too short to play Batman as long as he's at eye level with Cavill.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

That's fair....I haven't seen it, so I can't comment.

4. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Movie Math:

Having crunched the numbers in the wake of the film’s $94 million domestic debut, the lowest of any DCEU film to date, Forbes is reporting that “Justice League” is on course for a final gross of around $635 million.

They also estimate with the film’s $300 million production budget plus marketing and exhibition cuts, the movie will have to make $700-750 million worldwide to turn a profit. As a result, it looks as though Warner Bros. may be facing a $50 to $100 million loss on the film. Repeat business could close the gap somewhat, but one thing is clear – this is neither a hit nor does it bode well for the future of the DCEU.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Didn't see it, probably waiting for home entertainment release.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Make it sound like the DARK UNIVERSE Thing they, another film company, were trying

Rocket River

8. runamok

runamok Member

I don't get it, took my son to watch this movie, and I actually enjoyed this movie. Found it had really good chemistry, they nailed all the characters-had good screen time among other things.

As for all the critical analysis of story/direction- was it any different then any Marvel movie? (I'm a fan of Marvel also). I think whatever Snyder is involved in is going to get a bad rep. He is a different type of visual director, and I think there should be many styles to shake up this industry and be appreciated. Variance is good, thats what genetics is all about. Thor 3 got 90% and this is 40%? Something is up, went into this expecting a really bad movie and it was not.

Batman Jones, No Worries and GRENDEL like this.
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

i think a breh mentioned something about a post credit scene? what was it?

10. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Luthor recruiting Deathstroke the Terminator for the Injustice Society

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

QUESTION:

Do you think Steppenwolf could beat Ares?

[​IMG] vs [​IMG]

Not the typical Fan Versus thing but by their relative strengths in the movies

I think the failing of the JL is that Steppenwolf did not come off as a great BIG BAD
    I think he marginally better than Ares but . . . only because we were TOLD SO more than it was shown

Rocket River

12. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Ran across this, thought it was interesting.....seems like it was going to be darker originally......

FLASH21 likes this.
  13. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

They definitely nerf'd Ares in the Wonder Woman movie, the DC version of Ares is much, much stronger than the Marvel version stating that Ares is the most powerful Olympian god parallel to Hercules.

Don't be fooled by the DC mainstream movies, Ares would obliterate Steppenwolf. He could probably take (regular) Superman too so he's probably more on par with Darkseid.

14. mrm32

mrm32 Member

This actually sounds 1000x better. **** you WB!

15. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Took my boys to see it. I think it was watchable at best. On the surface not as bad as smell suggest, but if you care about good film, it fails. Sounds like I’m flip flopping, but no.

I hate that Batman seemed to be kind of a goof. Not sure if that was on the film or BA.

Flash was funny at first, but his character seemed to weaken as time went on.

Overall I wish they spent more time develop h characters as this felt rushed.

I really didn’t have to like it, as long as my boys did. They liked it, I’m meh on it, so it’s whatevs for me.

16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

My wife isn't nearly as into the comic-book-turned-movies scene as I am but even she mentioned that it seemed rushed and all over the place.

She thought everyone except Batman, Supes, and WW needed more backstory to complete the movie. Also she noticed that when at the beginning credits screen "A Zach Snyder Film" came around she was like, "welp this is going to be all over the place" because she linked that to BvS and completely forgot about Joss Whedon taking over at some point.

Overall it's entertaining but definitely could have done much better with what @GRENDEL posted as deleted scenes. Hopefully the following movies are done a little more precise and saavy.

My favorite out of the entire team is Cyborg... I really felt his pain when he said he wasn't him anymore instead he was now just a machine with his old memories somewhere within that Matrix like brain of his.

GRENDEL likes this.
  17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

She FORGOT Joss Whedon took over? Dump her immediately. Lulz.

FLASH21 likes this.
  18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I haven't seen the film yet, but I was expecting something like this, and no wonder it's (supposedly) such a mess. I didn't think BvS was bad like the critics say. Some of it was actually very well done. The "Martha, Martha, Martha!" storyline was pure cheese, sure; and why they went that route with Lex Luthor I'll never know (did no one during filming stop and say, "You know, it isn't that Eisenberg can't act, and he could even be good in this role, but Gene Wilder was a far superior Willy Wonka....sometimes 'different' isn't 'good'"?)

Still, watching that youtube clip about what was changed and what was excised, they had the makings of a much better film than what was apparently served up. I knew two hours wouldn't do the movie, uh, "justice". A damn shame.

As long as Gal Gadot looks as yummy as ever I'll watch it from start to finish.

GRENDEL and mrm32 like this.
  19. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

the only stuff done well was directly lifted from Dark Knight Rises comic. Luthor, Doomsday, Martha was all ****.