1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2017-18

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 25, 2017.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

True, that's why I'm not in favor of going through this route.

2. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Suns Troy Daniels

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

For what? Please make a suggestion.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Not a trade. But I am watching Utah and if they fall out of the playoff race at the trade deadline, I wonder if JOE JOHNSON will do a buy out. He would fit perfectly on the Rockets as a 3/4 that can create their own shot, shoot with range and knows MDA's system.

5. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

3 points

6. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Since we consolidated our assets in the Paul trade and there’s no Melo player demanding to come here I don’t see any real trading options available to us. You would have to consider trades like Capela and Ryno for Gasol or Cousins. Which would take rebuilding or locker room problems to make happen. Even then who knows if Morey would go that route.

7. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I've been watching aaloooott of Cavs basketball and Crowder seems to be having quite the down year. I wonder what we could snag him for.

8. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

Crowder would cost us Ariza can't see them wanting anything other than him..

9. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Beard-CP3-Boogie has a higher ceiling than Beard-CP3-Capela, so it's a risk worth taking, especially when you consider the problems Boogie poses for the Warriors.

luckyman76 likes this.
  10. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

Okay, don't judge me for this PIPE DREAM....but, if you can conceive, you can achieve! :D

First, New Orleans realizes that they don't have championship hopes, even though they will probably make the playoffs. Talks to Boogie, he says he will leave or he won't commit, so they decide to trade him, but also to help him go somewhere he may like so that he commits to resign, because most teams don't want him for a end of year rental when they know they still can't compete with GS or us. Sooooooooooooooo...since Road Ryno would be at home again in NO :)cool: don't judge me), NO agrees to:

Boogie for Ryno, Joe Chee, rights to Llull (who will never come and we will never need), and our 2020 1st.

then......

OKC implodes because they will barely be an 8th seed or not make the playoffs at all (wishing), and decide to trade PG13, and not many takers are there because they all feel he really wants to go to the Lakers. Sooooooooooo....OKC agrees to:

PG13 for Ariza, Black (or Nene if necessary), Onuaku, and Troy Williams for salary matching, along with 1 or 2 - 2nd round picks.

Money wise, both of those trades will work after Dec. 15th. That would make our SUPER TEAM:

CP3/BBrown
    Harden/Gordon
    PG13/Moute
    Cousins/Tucker
    Capela/Nene or Black

WE WOULD KICK THE WARRIORS AND ANYONE IN THE LEAGUE AZZ! :cool:

The question is....if OKC and NO were crazy enough and willing to do it, would Morey? We all know he should...but would Harden and CP3 sign off on trading Ariza and maybe Nene for this super team? Would they be willing to give up the future cash cow and possibly good player in Joe Chee? Obviously they seem like no brainers, but a lot of factors play in here. And of course that means giving up any potential hope of Lebron joining next summer. Would we be willing to pay that HUGE LUXURY TAX bill?

I'm sure other teams can offer more, but what team is Boogie going to guarantee that he will resign with, that after trading away assets for him, can still contend THIS YEAR? And everyone knows that PG13 wants to be a Laker, so what team will offer more to get him for a half season rental and think that they can compete for a Championship this year?

Both players are worth more than these trade scenarios for us, but would anyone else be willing to take a half a year risk on losing assets for these players that can walk after the season?

Thoughts? :p:eek:

11. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lol. But like trade for what?

12. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Presti will never deal with Morey again.

luckyman76 likes this.
  13. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

Eric Gordon
    Ryan Anderson
    1st Round pick

For

Paul George

Thunder need a change quick

14. Calebhardin9

Calebhardin9 Member

I'm not doing that. Gordon and Ryno are extremely valuable and I don't want to give them up for a rental. Maybe if they gave us a first instead of us giving them a first.

On second thought maybe we go ahead and do it bc it also clears space for LeBron next summer.

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

luckyman76, Clutchcity83 and BMoney like this.
  16. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

Lebron or Demarcus

and I dont think Paul George walks that easy...

To Start and End the Game
    Capela
    George
    Ariza
    Harden
    Paul

4 mins left in first

Nene
    Tucker
    George
    Luc
    Harden

To Start Second

Capela
    Tucker
    Ariza
    Luc
    Paul

4 mins in
    Capela
    Black
    George
    Luc
    Harden

Last 3 mins of half
    Nene
    George
    Ariza
    Harden
    Paul

Too much versatility

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

I actually wouldn’t mind this if we had a guarantee that PG would re-sign...I’d want to keep Gordon, but at the end of the day, I’d be cool with this

PG is a perfect fit here and exactly what we need

BigggReddd likes this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

CP3
    Harden
    PG
    Ariza
    Capela

:eek::eek:

GS, what’s good?!?

19. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Bahahhaa @ these homers saying "No" to a trade including EGo and Ryno for PG13. EGo is good, yeah, but he's no Paul George. Ryno is valuable??!?!? bahahahah oh god

20. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

EG and Ryno for PG is a tough trade. I dunno if I'd be down with that or not